+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
Here is my timeline so far, My wife hired an immigration lawyer to process my application in Canada. Everything was done on the new online portal.
Application Started > Sept 7. 2021
Additional info. request > 20 Dec. 2021
Additional info. sent > 22 Dec. 2021
Bio request > March 09 2022
Sponsorship approved and they said that my file would be forward to Accra for further processing > 10 March 2022
Bio done > March 14, 2022
Bio shown as completed > March 20, 2022
Medical request > March 21, 2022
Medical done > March 23, 2022
Medical shown as completed > March 30, 2022.
No update until now. What is ur timeline so far.
Application Submitted Online: Nov 9 2021
AOR received: February 12 2022
Biometrics was done for previous TRV
Sponsorship Approval: March 4 2022
Medical request: April 12 2022
Medical completed: April 20 2022
Medical passed: May 2 2022

Rosesweets123

May 18, 2022
Application Submitted Online: Nov 9 2021
AOR received: February 12 2022
Biometrics was done for previous TRV
Sponsorship Approval: March 4 2022
Medical request: April 12 2022
Medical completed: April 20 2022
Medical passed: May 2 2022

hi,
Is it the sponsor who receives an email for medical request or it is the principal applicant who receives an email to go do the medicals?
Thank you

Haolda

May 20, 2022
Hello everyone
I got ADR in February and I got AOR March 29th..... normally it takes 30days for a final decision to be made but it’s more than that now and still there’s no change on my application. Please has anyone experienced this?
Hi SherryO
I also got an ADR on 14th Feb 2022 and received AOR 6th April 2022 after sending multiple emails to Accra visa office. At the moment no updates on either my background or eligibility, both are still in progress. Please what is your timeline?

Haolda

May 20, 2022
Hi, congratulations, you are almost done! Our application timeliine is almost the same.
Application received August 23rd 2021
Medical January 24th 2022
Right of permanent residence fee letter January 27th 2022
March 25th decision made ( no correspondence email till now)
Background check and eligibility completed on 25thof March. I have not received pre arrival so I am a bit concerned. Also my eligibility was in progress for over month before completed but background went straight from not started to Completed. Did your background go from in progress to completed or straight to Completed?
Please let me know . Thanks
Hi M&F2019,
Please have you gotten any updates on your applications? I also sent my application in August 2021.

SherryO

Jan 31, 2022
Hi SherryO
I also got an ADR on 14th Feb 2022 and received AOR 6th April 2022 after sending multiple emails to Accra visa office. At the moment no updates on either my background or eligibility, both are still in progress. Please what is your timeline?
Hi Haolda
I’m an August applicant. I submitted my application August 5th. My eligibility and background are both in progress. I only get ghost updates on tracker twice a week

Haredrop

May 21, 2022
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi,
Here's my timeline below

Application received - July 2nd, 2021
AOR1 - September 2nd, 2021
SA - September 4th, 2021
Biometric Request - September 4th, 2021
Biometric Done/Passed - September 8th, 2021
In Process on ECAS - September 9th, 2021
Medical Request - December 6th, 2021
Medical Done - December 14th, 2021
Medical Passed - December 17th, 2021
Pre-Arrival - March 8th, 2022

I get ghost updates almost on a daily basis on the new tracker tool. Just wondering what could be the reason for the silence.

Does your background verification state "in progress" on the new tracker?
Hi Haolda
I’m an August applicant. I submitted my application August 5th. My eligibility and background are both in progress. I only get ghost updates on tracker twice a week

Haolda

May 20, 2022
Hi Haolda
Thanks for the reply SherryO.
In my case I have been seeing ghost updates every week since the start of April 2022. I have always been confused about what people consider as ghost updates, would that be the update in Gckey or updates in the New tracker or both?
For example my Gckey hasn’t been updated since 14th Feb 2022. And the Gckey still says they’re expecting my ADR even though I’ve submitted and it’s been acknowledged on the New tracker that Accra Visa office has received it.

SherryO

Jan 31, 2022
Thanks for the reply SherryO.
In my case I have been seeing ghost updates every week since the start of April 2022. I have always been confused about what people consider as ghost updates, would that be the update in Gckey or updates in the New tracker or both?
For example my Gckey hasn’t been updated since 14th Feb 2022. And the Gckey still says they’re expecting my ADR even though I’ve submitted and it’s been acknowledged on the New tracker that Accra Visa office has received it.
My background verification hasn’t started but I was told that can change to complete in a day sef wen you get PPR. My last update on gckey was the day I got ADR, February 15th. My gckey has been updated to “we are reviewing the additional documents you provided”. I don’t also know if the ghost updates people refer to is that of gckey or tracker but I was referring to my tracker. My gckey last update was wen I got my ADR in February.

Reactions: Haolda and Haredrop

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
hi palomadiego, i applied to Accra and i would say it went well for me and our application took two months my husband is a white canadian we aplied in october cic receieved our appliction in october 13th 2010, he was approved in november 15th 2010 as a sponsor and file was in process the same 15th november 2010, and i got an interveiw date for november 26th 2010 against febuary 1st 2011, and i got my visa same day and i landed in vancouver on the 8th feb 2011. so i would say two months it was amazing well we had a lots of proofs in and photos so you have to be ready for interveiw save more communication from when you put in the appiliction to your interveiw date becos they would ask for more proof of communication. there are some thread about interveiw question so it would be good if you print them out so you can study them it will help. know your spouse very well everything about him.it will be good.
To think there was a time all this could have been done in TWO MONTHS! :rolleyes:

Ketu

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
Application received by Sydney, NS -> July 15th, 2021
AOR 1 -> Septemer 16th, 2021
Biometrics-> N/A( already done in 2018)
SA Approval and Application forwarded to Visa Office in Accra -> December 29th, 2021
Medicals Letter Request -> January 10th 2022
Medicals completed -> January 17th, 2022
Medicals passed -> January 20th, 2022
Pre-arrival letter-> March 25th, 2022
Decision made on ecas-> March 25th, 2022
PPR->March 31st,2022

things got a bit complicated, because I applied for TRV for my husband last year October and got approved March 16 and immediately sent his passport For stamp, meanwhile he didn’t receive pre arrival or PPr at the time. While his passport took some time to be returned to us, immediately sent a webform to visa office in Accra just to explain the situation. He finally got his passport stamp for TRV on the 29th of April and we sent it again for stamping directly to Vfs Accra.

May 10th—submitted passport at dhl office to Vfs Accra
May 12th — Received at Vfs Accra
May 13th— dispatched to the IRCC office in Accra
May 16th— passport received at IRCC office, Accra
May 26th—decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC office to the Canada visa application centre.
May 26th — decision envelope has been received from the IRCC office and will be dispatched to the Canada visa application centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application.

Reactions: Henry_S and Rman01