Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I don't know alot of things but I don't come up with unverifiable assumptions that can't be traced anywhere. Maybe you are working with IRCC or you are an immigration officer to know alot.....IRCC dey fear to put yes for interview request? Why will they blank out interview section? I don't understand you and all your explanations are countering each other. You need to sit down with more GCMS notes.
Like i said earlier, you may not know and the information i was looking for, i didn't find it but see how just for Canada even puts it

https://www.justforcanada.com/gcms-notes-understand-guide.html

Read under the interview section and it should open your eyes small....I will end here on this topic because there's no need arguing about nothing. Go with what you know and let case rest...Merry Christmas!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Like i said earlier, you may not know and the information i was looking for, i didn't find it but see how just for Canada even puts it

Read under the interview section and it should open your eyes small....I will end here on this topic because there's no need arguing about nothing. Go with what you know and let case rest...Merry Christmas!!
I don't know alot of things but I don't come up with unverifiable assumptions that can't be traced anywhere. Maybe you are working with IRCC or you are an immigration officer to know alot.....IRCC dey fear to put yes for interview request? Why will they blank out interview section? I don't understand you and all your explanations are countering each other. You need to sit down with more GCMS notes.
And another thing am just seeing where you put in IRCC dey fear....IRCC dey Fear who or maybe i didn't understand? You or who? For the purposes of privacy, IRCC is matured enough not to unveil or tell you things until it's at the right time....They will inform you when it is at the right time...Your words are hard...Have a great time!!

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
And I'm insisting that the 1st page is a summary of your application. On your generic application form, your language preference, correspondence, interview language is always asked. You must have reviewed like 50 GCMS notes at least to conclude that those who have that eventually had interviews. This is not to say that you can't still have an interview but your eligibility needs to have started and probably REQUIRES A REVIEW under your eligibility assessment. Or else State where you got this fact, if not it's all based on assumptions. How will a VO conclude you require an interview when your eligibility hasn't even started!
I did interview before my eligibility was passed..got Pre arrivals the next day. So I feel eligibility determines if an application needs interview or not.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I did interview before my eligibility was passed..got Pre arrivals the next day. So I feel eligibility determines if an application needs interview or not.
Awesome Oluwa.....So if you checked on your first page gsmc note, you could see that the interview language showed: English.....Unless in exceptional cases where if an officer feels like he or she is convinced and on their own discretions can choose not to do the interview even though the language session indicated English and they will let go.....All this comes into play because an officer who first started the file from the centralized intake office is doubting the genuineness of the marriage or not certain about some information so the information is shared with the regional centre which is normally the visa office centres to do a review on this or that section in the case and usually they will request for additional document and if the officer at the RC or visa office is convinced, he or she may choose not to do the interview but if the information is not certain and mind you, all these while, all the documents requested are seen by the central intake offices and in Canada here, is either IRCC Sydney or Ottawa or Mississauga sees the information sent but if they're still not certain, they all agree to go ahead with the interview which they all initially suggested.....in the first page

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I can't open consistently either of these but the first two (partial glance) don't seem convincing. The last one (just for canada) says this:
"Interview Lang: | "English", other language, or just blank if no interview is required | "

I can see how you might read this - as you have - to mean that if a language is specified it means an interview is required.

BUT: I don't read it that way. It's possible this only means that sometimes it may be blank (and don't freak out if it is).

My intuition (from some experience with database systems like this based on collected data/forms) is that this information in the past was not always or consistently collected or recorded. (Remember, gcms is also used for lots of other types of applications incl tourist where interview language as a separate item may not be or have been recorded in past).

In other words, I don't think this reference is conclusive. It can be read with a different meaning.

More or just as importantly: we have evidence (my own case, some others) that this field saying that English being marked here does not (seem to) mean interview required.

And since interview required is a really, really important determination for users here - because it likely means long delays esp in covid time - we should be really, reallyh cautious about possibly giving incorrect information.

So far, the only clear text in gcms notes I've seen (from manyh reported here) is in the officer or analyst notes at time of application scanning in Sydney, where at end of several lines of text summarizing the case will be something like INTERVIEW RECOMMENDED. (And side note, this is not 100% conclusive either - sometimes interview called if no note like this, other times interview recommended and not carried out)

But in my view: Interview Language: English does not indicate at all that interview is required (or the opposite). It means exactly what it says - acc to government rules - the applicant has requested interview (if needed) in English, and so it won't be carried out in French.

Reactions: Penny.a

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But in my view: Interview Language: English does not indicate at all that interview is required (or the opposite). It means exactly what it says - acc to government rules - the applicant has requested interview (if needed) in English, and so it won't be carried out in French.
I want to emphasize: I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just trying to ensure that applicants who get their gcms notes do not freak out if they see this field being marked with a language. I really believe that they will be worrying needlessly for something that does not mean interview required.

Much more important later in file to look for the officer notes.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I want to emphasize: I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just trying to ensure that applicants who get their gcms notes do not freak out if they see this field being marked with a language. I really believe that they will be worrying needlessly for something that does not mean interview required.

Much more important later in file to look for the officer notes.
Like I said earlier....I'm not here to argue....Keep what you know and let me keep mine....In fact, IRCC doesn't do interview at all....
And the fact still stands, your view point and my point of view can't still change what an officer intends to do and neither this argument can make or unmake an interview happen or not...whichever, IRCC and officers decides so we can share ideas and what have you but it will still be pointless......Lets use maturity and end this little argument....anyone who will be interviewed or not is still IRCC call and not ours so why all this drama? Merry Christmas!! Safe!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And the fact still stands, your view point and my point of view can't still change what an officer intends to do and neither this argument can make or unmake an interview happen or not...whichever, IRCC and officers decides so we can share ideas and what have you but it will still be pointless
What a ridiculous point of view - if what you post is pointless, just stop posting. I'm going to aim a bit higher, like useful, factual information.

....anyone who will be interviewed or not is still IRCC call and not ours so why all this drama? Merry Christmas!! Safe!!
The only drama here - entirely unneeded and unnecessary - flows from your previous claim:
Anyone who is in queue for review, it may means you are in a queue for an interview....or check on your gsmc note and on the first page if you see the list and then interview is written English, it means you are on a list for an interview because if there are is no interview, it would be blank
This information appears to be false, and worse, actively harmful, because it will cause much needless concern amongst applicants that they need an interview for a field that just doesn't mean that.

Again, what appears to be factual: 'interview language: English' seems to mean exactly what it means in the application - IF there is an interview, the applicant has requested it be in English. That's it. It provides zero information about whether or not an interview is required or recommended. That information, if it is in the gcms notes at all, will be elsewhere.

It is true that recommendations for interviews can be changed at any time by IRCC if they wish. That remains unrelated to the interview language field.

Reactions: Ok2018

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What a ridiculous point of view - if what you post is pointless, just stop posting. I'm going to aim a bit higher, like useful, factual information.

The only drama here - entirely unneeded and unnecessary - flows from your previous claim:

This information appears to be false, and worse, actively harmful, because it will cause much needless concern amongst applicants that they need an interview for a field that just doesn't mean that.

Again, what appears to be factual: 'interview language: English' seems to mean exactly what it means in the application - IF there is an interview, the applicant has requested it be in English. That's it. It provides zero information about whether or not an interview is required or recommended. That information, if it is in the gcms notes at all, will be elsewhere.

It is true that recommendations for interviews can be changed at any time by IRCC if they wish. That remains unrelated to the interview language field.
Like I said earlier....Use maturity and if you've grown enough, you would know that there is no need arguing over this.....You can go with your facts and let's say I was wrong or right, why throwing tantrums on something the both of us are not certain because IRCC makes the decision and not us??? Let's grow up on this back and forth messages because it won't help in anyway!! Cheers. Maturity!!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Like I said earlier....Use maturity and if you've grown enough, you would know that there is no need arguing over this.....You can go with your facts and let's say I was wrong or right, why throwing tantrums on something the both of us are not certain because IRCC makes the decision and not us??? Let's grow up on this back and forth messages because it won't help in anyway!! Cheers. Maturity!!
No tantrums - what tantrums?

Your information appears to be incorrect, and harmful, as shown above. Others can decide whom to believe.

Reactions: Ok2018

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

Your information appears to be incorrect, and harmful, as shown above. Others can decide whom to believe.
Come on....Are you for real? Like seriously....Jeez!! This is a childs act and I need you to stop....Let go this way, let's say you are right....So should I remove what I posted earlier so you don't argue with me? You are very childish man....Talking about harm in here....like seriously? Readers aren't children to be dissuaded or persuaded by someone else's opinion....Opinion and facts are like noses and everyone have theirs.....

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

We can use our facts to convince people or not but IRCC have the final say so why starting up a beef or a setto over nothing? Grow up!!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

I'm also not sure which province you are so we could meet up early morning at one tim Hortons(just saying) and laugh and joke about things like this nature because we are all not been reasonable here over a yes/no sentence....I can't stop laughing!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Come on....Are you for real? Like seriously....Jeez!! This is a childs act and I need you to stop....Let go this way, let's say you are right....So should I remove what I posted earlier so you don't argue with me? You are very childish man....Talking about harm in here....like seriously? Readers aren't children to be dissuaded or persuaded by someone else's opinion....Opinion and facts are like noses and everyone have theirs.....
We can use our facts to convince people or not but IRCC have the final say so why starting up a beef or a setto over nothing? Grow up!!!
You've written multiple posts calling me childish and asking me to be mature, seemingly yelling at me to Grow up!!!

This does not seem to me a reasonable nor adult response to my non-personal statements that your point is just mistaken.

And yes, I think it's harmful to worry people - incorrectly - that they will have to do interviews based on a misapprehension.

I'm also not sure which province you are so we could meet up early morning at one tim Hortons(just saying) and laugh and joke about things like this nature because we are all not been reasonable here over a yes/no sentence....I can't stop laughing!!!
No thanks. Nothing personal.

Reactions: Nneji and Ok2018

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021

Thank you so much @armoured and you are one of the few people I learn from the information they give on this platform. The back and forth had been about the interview language field being English (government standard) which automatically means interview is required in most cases as he said not all this long paragraphs explaining how eligibility works as if we don't all read. Nothing at all is predictable in this process, we can all hope and wait!

Reactions: armoured