+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Vigold

Jul 15, 2021
Congrats to you over there wow. I thought they had gone silent on us oh. Still waiting here. Please could you share your timeline, we're you already having decision made or you got the request right away. For me it's still on on process and tomorrow hits one year.
Thanks @Dimilitantey . I’ll have to go review all details but we Submitted August 10th, got transferred to Ghana office February, medical passed april29th, decision made and pre arrival since June 9th. I hope this helps give an overview

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Thanks @Dimilitantey . I’ll have to go review all details but we Submitted August 10th, got transferred to Ghana office February, medical passed april29th, decision made and pre arrival since June 9th. I hope this helps give an overview
Oh yes @Vigold Sure sure this info cool wanted to know actually when changed from In Process to Decision Made. I want to sorta know when to expect PPR. am still in process this side. Thanks alot and CONGRATS once again.

Reactions: Vigold

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
We got the passport request letter today!! Super excited! Thank you all for the encouragement and I pray those still expecting gets theirs soon. Super grateful to God!
Congratulations ooo !!!! Amen!! Enjoy your day!! Super happy for you!

Bgil

Jul 17, 2021
Hi everyone. I would like to share my timeline so those with experience should please tell me what to expect next and how long is wait time.
I am a February 2021 applicant,
Application received February 4
Biometric request april 19
Medical and prearrival same day July 6
Medical passed July 29
What should I expect next ? Please advice

Reactions: Akissi18

Bgil

Jul 17, 2021
For us we received BIL on May 21 and MR Jul 7, so let's say 1 month and two weeks.

However, before the pandemic AVO would take approx 5-6 months to issue MR from application lock-in date. Again, everyone's situation differs, but this is the trend I noticed from reading member's experiences from this thread (2017).

Our application lock-in date is: Jan 28, 2021. We're at the 5 months mark.
We are almost in same time, mine was February 6,2021. Just few days difference. I have done my medical and it’s onlready on passed. You gotten anything yet? What’s your location

Reactions: Akissi18

Rman01

Dec 7, 2020
Hi everyone. I would like to share my timeline so those with experience should please tell me what to expect next and how long is wait time.
Medical passed July 29
Your app is going swiftly, if there is no ADR next in line should be Pre arrival letter/DM/PPR. I think...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bgil and Akissi18

Bgil

Jul 17, 2021
Hi Akissi,
We got the notification May 7th and we were told that he had 30 days to do it, and to escalate if we didn't get a date within that timeline. Closest booking date was June 1 and did at IOM Ikeja, and it got updated within 2 weeks from that time. I dont have exact days because we just use the online tools. Been having challenges linking our application sadly. Anyway the online tool changed from "in process to "applicatiom received".
Hope that clarifies.
We are almost in same time frame. Wow
I did mine at Victoria island. When did you apply exactly? Have you gotten any update after passed medical. It was hard linking my application too. But trust me you aren’t inputting things correctly. There’s a question below on how many applicant I was using 1 till I changed to 2 and it worked. I hope this helps . Am in Lagos too and waiting for ppr

Bgil

Jul 17, 2021
Your app is going swiftly, if there is no ADR next in line should be Pre arrival letter/DM/PPR. I think...
I got pre arrival and medical same day and my medical is passed already as updated on gckey 2 days back. What’s next and how long wait? Thank you

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Medical passed July 29
Wow okay, so clearly right now they are working on 2021 files then. So fast with your file and some others to. Please is yours also the spousal application or different application? at times is hard for me to believe how files get processed so quickly

Congrats and you would be having DM or PPR in the shortest while.

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
We are almost in same time frame. Wow
I did mine at Victoria island. When did you apply exactly? Have you gotten any update after passed medical. It was hard linking my application too. But trust me you aren’t inputting things correctly. There’s a question below on how many applicant I was using 1 till I changed to 2 and it worked. I hope this helps . Am in Lagos too and waiting for ppr
@Bgil
I am a January applicant. Application delivered Jan 4, 2021 but got acknowledged by IRCC on Feb 13.... then got Medical and Biometrics request both on May 6... got my eligibility letter to sponsor May 7... my spouse did biometrics May 13 and medicals June 1. He passed medicals June 4... then July 13 he received pre arrival and E-CAS updated to decision made ... I finally linked the application to my profile July 16 after changing 1 applicant to 2 like you mentioned (you were right!) and then July 23, 2021 he got PPR ... now passport has been submitted to VFS Lagos so awaiting whenever it is ready for pick up. We had to courier the passport to them cos you take it there in person.

Don't worry, you will get PPR soon. I guess they are faster now because they are not processing other types of visas and focused primarily on family sponsorship.

Reactions: Bgil

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
@Bgil
I am a January applicant. Application delivered Jan 4, 2021 but got acknowledged by IRCC on Feb 13.... then got Medical and Biometrics request both on May 6... got my eligibility letter to sponsor May 7... my spouse did biometrics May 13 and medicals June 1. He passed medicals June 4... then July 13 he received pre arrival and E-CAS updated to decision made ... I finally linked the application to my profile July 16 after changing 1 applicant to 2 like you mentioned (you were right!) and then July 23, 2021 he got PPR ... now passport has been submitted to VFS Lagos so awaiting whenever it is ready for pick up. We had to courier the passport to them cos you take it there in person.

Don't worry, you will get PPR soon. I guess they are faster now because they are not processing other types of visas and focused primarily on family sponsorship.
This is hard for me to belive oh cos I got the Pre-Arrival already Medicals passed and yet nothing. No DM yet, but looks to me like most of the PPR's are from Nigeria, don't know if any of those who received the PPR, are from Ghana if so then really can't comprehend their processing if they really focused on the spousal thing. Looks like my app on hold or something for no reason as it js hit a year yesterday and still IN PROCESS.

Reactions: Ali Al-Hassan