+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello house,

For those who have submitted PPR, I'm seeking clarification.

On page three of CVAC consent form under Consent for indirect Submission and/or Collection (to be completed ONLY if travel agent or person other than applicant themselves is submitting and/or collecting the visa application and decision)

Do we fill it in providing DHL with consent for the handling of our package, or do we leave it blank? Will DHL provide us with a DHL Authorization Form to be included in our package?

Please advise.

Thank you kindly,
xx
I didn’t fill anything in mine... I thought I was going to but my husband watched a video on YouTube saying we shouldn’t fill... you can ask others or better still watch YouTube videos

Reactions: Akissi18

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
I am April 2019 applicant and still waiting
I really pray your wait ends soon. Its ridiculous how long some have been forced to continue to wait

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Yeah that would be great to see. Thank you!
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your Sponsor to request on Principal Applicant's behalf!

If the Principal Applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for him/herself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If the Sponsor is requesting it on behalf of the Principal Applicant, he/she will need a consent form from the Principal Applicant and pay a $5 fee.

It takes about 30 days + to receive GCMS notes by email.

Consent Form:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf
Consent is valid for one year from the date appearing next to the Applicant’s signature

1. Designated Representative’s Information - Sponsor’s details
  2. Applicant’s Information - Principal Applicant’s details, signature (in blue ink), and date

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In the above link, click Apply online, English, Next, I have read, understood and agree with the above Privacy Notice, and Next.

Requester Information

*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

*BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND PRIVACY REQUEST, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW, AS APPROPRIATE:

Click I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE STEPS.

*To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada. Please select the category that best describes you.

Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada, Individual/corporation currently present in Canada, or None of the above

*Enter Personal Information
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:

*Requesting information on your own behalf?
Yes/No

*Are you requesting information concerning a deceased individual?

Yes/No

*Select the category that best describes you.

Member of the Public

*How would you prefer to receive the requested records?
Email

Click Continue

Act & Record Selection

*What type of information are you requesting?
Access to Information

*Which type of records do you wish to request?
Immigration/Citizenship Records

*Enter information of Principal Applicant
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
Client ID Number:
Alias

*What type of record would you like to request?
Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or Refugee Sponsorship

*Specify the type of file you are requesting:
Immigration file (i.e.information that belong to the sponsored person(s))

*Which specific information are you looking for?
Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer’s Electronic Notes

*File Number(s)
F000000000

Click Continue

Attach Documents

Upload document: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.

Click Continue

Review and Validate

Click I certify that the information provided is true and wish to submit this request, and Continue

Make payment ($5) and Proceed to Secure Checkout.

• Love
Reactions: Ali Al-Hassan

ayii

Jul 5, 2020
Hello guys,

Has anyone been able to fill a webform lately? I’ve been trying to send a webform to inform Accra my wife is currently in Canada as they asked on the PPR letter. Since the webform seems to have issues, we just sent an email to them instead. But we haven’t received any form of response and on the ppr it stated we have to respond within 5 days. We’re not sure if they have received this communication or not. Also tried calling the support center but they can’t do anything because the VO is outside Canada. Any suggestions on what we can do please?

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
That’s why MP helped you because it looks like it was already completed your application, pre-arrival and all. Many of us been writing emotional letters on a regular and absolutely no movement.
Actually my MP didn't help at that point. Cos I sent the email on Thursday, got PPR next day and the following Monday I got a call from my MP's office saying they got my voice mail and wanted to follow up.. and I told them I was good....
Anyway bottom line is at least they reached out to try to sort me out. But of course I can imagine the frustration of writing and nothing seems to work, but I wont have stopped and would also keep praying seriously about it... cos afterall what other choice would I have in that situation?
But I hope for good news for everyone cos the frustration of no news hurts.

Vigold

Jul 15, 2021
Please did anyone send via dhl, when I did my express entry I sent that way but in the letter we got today it doesn’t say anything about dhl. With all I have seen about vfs not sure if it is the best way. Thanks

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Please did anyone send via dhl, when I did my express entry I sent that way but in the letter we got today it doesn’t say anything about dhl. With all I have seen about vfs not sure if it is the best way. Thanks
I eventually sent via VFS Lagos.

I was trying to clarify an alternative but it was having too much comma for me and just decided to use VFS and follow up with prayers.

Las las passport will come back and praying for zero delay. Let them carry the liability. Also when I did Express Entry I sent via VFS Lagos and I think I got it in 2wks or so.. can't remb but time wasn't a serious priority for me then.

Reactions: Vigold

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
We got the passport request letter today!! Super excited! Thank you all for the encouragement and I pray those still expecting gets theirs soon. Super grateful to God!
Congrats to you over there wow. I thought they had gone silent on us oh. Please could you share your timeline, we're you already having decision made or you got the request right away.

Last edited: