+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Thanks! Prices still seem high. The cheapest I found was with Ethiopian airlines and hubby will not step foot on that plane lol.
Haha...Ethiopian Airline is actually a really good airline. The batch of aircraft Boeing 737max was the problem. Ethiopian airline no longer use those planes. In any case, you may consider splitting your flight. Flights to Montreal are around $650 - 900 from Lagos and then take Air Canada or WestJet flight from Montreal to your location (you'll pay about $90 for two checked bags on domestic flights)

Reactions: J.Kadi and Yee_17

Yee_17

Apr 26, 2019
Do you know what’s the best site to buy tickets? We usually buy direct from the airline but I’ve checked and one way right now estimated $1300 if we leave May 31
cheapflights.com you can also try ethiopianairlines.com

I'm leaving 27th. Got one for $800 (usd)

Reactions: J.Kadi

Candidladyval

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Haha...Ethiopian Airline is actually a really good airline. The batch of aircraft Boeing 737max was the problem. Ethiopian airline no longer use those planes. In any case, you may consider splitting your flight. Flights to Montreal are around $650 - 900 from Lagos and then take Air Canada or WestJet flight from Montreal to your location (you'll pay about $90 for two checked bags on domestic flights)
Be warned! Domestic flights in Canada tend to be far more expensive than international flight! A flight from Toronto to Calgary is no less than 500 bucks. If you want to go this route be sure to find the domestic flight first

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I’ve heard that they’re a good airline and I told him about the plane but he doesn’t want to hear it lol. I understand him though. There are some other cheaper flights but the date is too far away and/or it’s a longer flight duration with many layovers (30+ hours). We’ll probably just bite the bullet and pay for Brussels which I found for $940USD.

Last edited:
Reactions: bago4c and Yee_17

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheapflights.com you can also try ethiopianairlines.com

I'm leaving 27th. Got one for $800 (usd)
Thanks! I tried cheap flights but they didn’t seem all that cheap to me lol. But we may stick with the one we found for $940usd. He’ll probably buy the tickets now with a cancellation plan in case his visa isn’t issued by then. Judging by how quickly you received yours, I think we will be safe.

Reactions: bago4c and Yee_17

Yee_17

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah, I’ve heard that their a good airline and I told him about the plane but he doesn’t want to hear it lol. I understand him though. There are some other cheaper flights but the date is too far away and/or it’s a longer flight duration with many layovers (30+ hours). We’ll probably just bite the bullet and pay for Brussels which I found for $940USD.
Brussels is good too. If you're submitting at the VFS in Accra, you have nothing to worry about. Just track it from their website and go pick it up when they say it's been dispatched. They might not call as they normally promise to. Cheers

Reactions: bago4c and J.Kadi

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brussels is good too. If you're submitting at the VFS in Accra, you have nothing to worry about. Just track it from their website and go pick it up when they say it's been dispatched. They might not call as they normally promise to. Cheers
Great! That’s good to know!!

Reactions: Yee_17 and bago4c

medjere

May 18, 2019
Hello Team. I need your help!!!

I am 14th January AOR. I gave birth to a baby girl on the 10th of May and raised a webform to add my daughter. I was copied in a mail in which the webform was forwarded to Accra Ghana which is the Local Visa Office for Nigeria.

As at 1st week of April, my file was at Ottawa with criminality completed and BG, Security not initiated.

Any idea why the dependant addition was forwarded to Accra Ghana?

Yee_17

Apr 26, 2019
Hello Team. I need your help!!!

I am 14th January AOR. I gave birth to a baby girl on the 10th of May and raised a webform to add my daughter. I was copied in a mail in which the webform was forwarded to Accra Ghana which is the Local Visa Office for Nigeria.

As at 1st week of April, my file was at Ottawa with criminality completed and BG, Security not initiated.

Any idea why the dependant addition was forwarded to Accra Ghana?
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. My guess is that it was sent to Accra visa office because they are responsible for the issuing of your visa and everything that has to do with your application.

Last edited:

Tobi emmanuel

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hello guys. I am febuary 2019 applicant. Visa sent to Accra march 10th. Biometrics was April 15th, received pre arrival may 18th. But haven't gotten. Any update for medicals or whay ever. Has anyone had same. Situstjon?