+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Ecas shows "Decision Made" since last 2 weeks for the applicant but have not received any update on CIC account or got any email. Is this normal ? someone is similar situation ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I contacted IRCC via phone. Got to know that file is moved to Beijing Visa office 2 months back.
Anyone having file moved to Beijing office ? How fast is the speed ?

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Guys,
Whoever has applied for PR for their children and file moved to NDVO.
Expect significant delay due to Covid situation there. Apply for extension of Visitor Visa status before your child lose the status here.

This is just a heads up.

I have applied for my daughter's visitor visa extension request today. So if she loses the status then also she will be on applied status until we hear from IRCC. But do plan for this too.

Current processing time for Visitor visa extension are 208 days hence after the application, your child will be able to continue here for 6.5 months more irrespective of the decision.
Hi, please help me understand what you mean by "your child will be able to continue here for 6.5 months more irrespective of the decision". I am in a similar boat, My sons sponsorship was initiated in Sep 2020 and his visitor status was to be expired in Mar and I also applied for his status extension in Feb this year, but haven't heard back on his application. Are you saying he can extend more than 6 months if we don't hear back on his Visa extension application? FYI, we all are in Canada. Thanks in advance.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Is anyone on here submitted application to sponsor a dependent child out land who was undisclosed under the pilot project?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hello,

I haven't seen anyone in this forum from Quebec, So I will try to give the timeline of process for my son (I am the sponsor).

Below is the timeline for a Dependant Child sponsorship application (inland), who is present in Quebec, Canada and living with the sponsor.
  • Application sent Apr 19 2021
  • Application Delivered Apr 20 2021
  • AOR: May 06 2021
  • Medical: May 05 2021 (submitted upfront)
Perhaps, next steps will be to receive a letter from IRCC to apply for CSQ (certificate selection Quebec) under family class. I will already be preparing the CSQ application for MIFI and undertaking so I can send it as soon as I receive the CSQ request letter from IRCC.

Will update once there is an update. Thank you everyone and please keep us updated with your timelines.

regards,

Cycy

May 7, 2021
I applied last year independent child about the pilot project sponsor undeclared family member, until now I don't have any news for my application.anyone know about the pilot project sponsor?

Reactions: mmannana

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
I did applied last year too in July 2020 after 7 months my application was returned due to missing document. I just resubmit again last month.Did you try to contact your MP?

Reactions: mmannana

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I did applied last year too in July 2020 after 7 months my application was returned due to missing document. I just resubmit again last month.Did you try to contact your MP?
Same thing happened to me and resubmitted in February 2021.I received AOR in March 4,2021

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Same thing happened to me and resubmitted in February 2021.I received AOR in March 4,2021
What was missing in your documents?When resubmit did you just resend the original forms or you sent the same forms?It is a good news that you got your AOR?

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I applied last year independent child about the pilot project sponsor undeclared family member, until now I don't have any news for my application.anyone know about the pilot project sponsor?
What was missing in your documents?When resubmit did you just resend the original forms or you sent the same forms?It is a good news that you got your AOR?
Declaration form from the father. And a copy of his ID.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I started a whole new application cause I didn't want it returned again and making sure I was filling current application form as they change them sometimes.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
I started a whole new application cause I didn't want it returned again and making sure I was filling current application form as they change them sometimes.
Ok on mine i was missing a death certificate, the mother to my dependent child passed away last year. Initially i applied for my son permanent resident in 2010, i did declared him as my dependent child but he never did his medical exams because his mum refused. So now that his mother passed away i did applied under the new pilot program. Maybe i should resubmit the application with the death certificate mentioning that it is an urgent application

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
My application turned to In process for the 2nd time, so the visa office of my home country started working on my application.
It's NDVO.

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
Hey Guys - Anyone had any luck with their child's application? I submitted the following inline application and so far just waiting...

Application Submitted - October 9th, 2020
AOR - Jan 22nd, 2021
Sponsor eligibility - Feb19th, 2021
Medical Submitted - Feb 25th, 2021
Medical Passed - March 9th, 2021
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Reactions: cecict