+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi I received an email with the application number saying the application has been received. Is this AOR?
Do we need to link this application to parent's PR application account or my child's account on CIC?
Thank you.

Milay

Nov 13, 2020
Here's an update from me.
Application received: Sept 10 2020
AOR1: Jan 21 2021
SA: Feb 13
Medical request: Feb 15
Medicals done: March 3
Medicals received: March 10
AOR 2: April 21

File was transferred to Paris VO.
Congrats!
What country are you applying from?

tamjan

May 23, 2019
Hello, I got a request letter from IRCC and I am asked to provide - National ID/Status document: Proof of your current immigration or residence status in your present country of residence.

- PA is in India (2 years old) - does not have Aadhar card (last week we did aadhar enrollment)

May I know what I need to upload?

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Hi All,

Today I got approval for TRV after 5 months wait, PR is still in process in NDVO after Medical.
They have asked for a passport, As VFS is closed in Bangalore(COVID), is there any other way to submit the passport.

If anyone who had gone through the process, please reply.

Meanwhile, I raised a webform with NDVO to see what they would suggest

Reactions: Kothai

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hi I received an email with the application number saying the application has been received. Is this AOR?
Do we need to link this application to parent's PR application account or my child's account on CIC?
Thank you.
Yes,that is AOR1

I tried linking the it to the parent's PR application, did not work.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Hi All,

Today I got approval for TRV after 5 months wait, PR is still in process in NDVO after Medical.
They have asked for a passport, As VFS is closed in Bangalore(COVID), is there any other way to submit the passport.

If anyone who had gone through the process, please reply.

Meanwhile, I raised a webform with NDVO to see what they would suggest
I submitted my son's passport in March and got it back in April third week through Bluedart two-way courier services suggested by NDVO in their PPR mail. If the VACs are closed, which they might be since even courier services are closed now due to lockdowns, you will have to wait to be suggested a way to submit passport. Since lockdowns are everywhere, PPR requests are not very time-sensitive, so do not worry about deadlines. NDVO/IRCC is very considerate of the situation currently.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Hello, I got a request letter from IRCC and I am asked to provide - National ID/Status document: Proof of your current immigration or residence status in your present country of residence.

- PA is in India (2 years old) - does not have Aadhar card (last week we did aadhar enrollment)

May I know what I need to upload?
Do you have to upload/revert to the mail for this? I remember I submitted just a passport copy for this, but you can again submit a passport copy and the receipt of Aadhar enrolment with a note that it is in process and should be available in 2 weeks.

Reactions: tamjan

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Guys,
Whoever has applied for PR for their children and file moved to NDVO.
Expect significant delay due to Covid situation there. Apply for extension of Visitor Visa status before your child lose the status here.

This is just a heads up.

I have applied for my daughter's visitor visa extension request today. So if she loses the status then also she will be on applied status until we hear from IRCC. But do plan for this too.

Current processing time for Visitor visa extension are 208 days hence after the application, your child will be able to continue here for 6.5 months more irrespective of the decision.

Last edited:

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Guys,
Expect significant delay due to Covid situation there. Apply for extension of Visitor Visa status before your child lose the status here.

This is just a heads up.

I have applied for my daughter's visitor visa extension request today. So if she loses the status then also she will be on applied status until we hear from IRCC. But do plan for this too.

Current processing time for Visitor visa extension are 208 days hence after the application, your child will be able to continue here for 6.5 months more irrespective of the decision.
I am assuming this is applied if the kids are already in Canada right? Not sure what to do in my case. Applied for TRV in September 2020 and sent out email to the Covid email id multiple times but no response. Also applied for Sponsorship in Dec 2020 and the process moved forward and we got the Passport request for the kids but only a day later Delhi underwent a curfew which is still active, now that all VAC's are closed I assume it will take another 6 months for them to open things and then deal with the massive backlog.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys,

This is just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up Jay. Do you have any base for this news ? Like did IRCC posted on Twitter?

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I am assuming this is applied if the kids are already in Canada right? Not sure what to do in my case. Applied for TRV in September 2020 and sent out email to the Covid email id multiple times but no response. Also applied for Sponsorship in Dec 2020 and the process moved forward and we got the Passport request for the kids but only a day later Delhi underwent a curfew which is still active, now that all VAC's are closed I assume it will take another 6 months for them to open things and then deal with the massive backlog.
Yes I agree, we people who are stuck in India with kid it is going to be tough.
I heard TRP is another option, has anybody applied and how do we do it?
Any information regarding this will be helpful for kids who are back in home country.