+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hi guys,
I got my Sponsorship approval but haven't received the medical request yet. is this common? From most of the people's timelines I have seen both come on the same day.
Any reply will be appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys,
I got my Sponsorship approval but haven't received the medical request yet. is this common? From most of the people's timelines I have seen both come on the same day.
Any reply will be appreciated.
Yes, it's fairly common, can be a few days or a few weeks. For some countries they request medical much later in process, though.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I am in the same boat, applied for my child's PR, who is in Canada, and then applied to extend his stay on a visitor Visa in Jan 2021, and no update yet, hes on visitor visa for more than 6 months, I am worried if he will be considered, out of status now?
I have a similar situation as well as timeline as yours.
My App Received date is Oct 14, 2020.
SA done.
Applied for extension of Visitor Record.
How are you managing the Insurance for child ? is the child eligible for the Provincial health coverage ?
i am in Ontario.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hurray!
Just got medical request for my 9 months old daughter. How long for PPR now once medicals are passed ?
It's NDVO

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello all, just a quick question! I can't link my application. When I enter my information, the system can't find it. I tried entering different info, but nothing worked!! Any advice?
check previous comments .you might be entering uci id or file number which is not good . try other option and it will work
Hang in there. I was in the same boat, applied in July 2020. Last Friday, I got SA approved and medical for my son. Hopefully, you will get yours soon. The good thing is they are moving files, it's just a matter of time.
Can someone advice for my situation . We are outland application and US born Kid is staying with us in Toronto Canada .
We did Medical yesterday so what should we expect next as we got one letter which saying application will be sent further for Visa office for processing ..
1. Will the application will be sent to Ottawa office as we are already given Canadian address in application and we are currently in Canada already .
2. After medical what is next stage ? Also does we will get COPR and One time visa for kid since initially we had to cross boarder to activate PR but now is process changed ? Will after application is approved ,they will directly sent PR card on Mail also ?
3. Also if someone can share timeline post Medical how long usually takes to get COPR as we are waiting for OHIP card in Ontario and seems like without this they are not issuing the same.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We did Medical yesterday so what should we expect next as we got one letter which saying application will be sent further for Visa office for processing ..
1. Will the application will be sent to Ottawa office as we are already given Canadian address in application and we are currently in Canada already .
2. After medical what is next stage ? Also does we will get COPR and One time visa for kid since initially we had to cross boarder to activate PR but now is process changed ? Will after application is approved ,they will directly sent PR card on Mail also ?
3. Also if someone can share timeline post Medical how long usually takes to get COPR as we are waiting for OHIP card in Ontario and seems like without this they are not issuing the same.
Next step is basically assessment and may just be decision made. You dont' know which visa office, but mostly likely within Canada.

Even though outland app since you are in Canada, they'll likely do virtual landing (no visa needed since in Canada). Yes, shoudl be automatic PR card by mail.
Timeline is biggest question mark, no idea. I don't know about ohip.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Next step is basically assessment and may just be decision made. You dont' know which visa office, but mostly likely within Canada.

Even though outland app since you are in Canada, they'll likely do virtual landing (no visa needed since in Canada). Yes, shoudl be automatic PR card by mail.
Timeline is biggest question mark, no idea. I don't know about ohip.
Do we get OHIP for kids whose sponsorship PR is in progress ?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Can someone advice for my situation . We are outland application and US born Kid is staying with us in Toronto Canada .
1. Most likely will be sent to Ottawa VO.
2. After medical, it's most likely DM unless there is request for additional documents. Minor children does not have to go through background or criminality checks.
3. No one knows, widely varying timelines. But if it helps my kid's application was transferred to Ottawa VO December 23rd and ecas still shows "Application Received". Unfortunately you'll have to wait until COPR for OHIP. My company is providing OHIP replacement coverage at a small cost to me, although most doctors will only accept OHIP or out of pocket walk-ins. Might be of use only if you ever have to visit ER.

Reactions: armoured

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello,
I have received Medical Request for both the applications TRV and Sponsorship at the same time. Can I submit the same report that I ll be getting from the panel physician of IRCC ? to my TRV Application as well for my 9 months old?

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Guys got SA Approval on my daughter's application just now, file is moved to New Delhi office..how long from now can I expect PPR Request ?
Below is the timeline:

Application Received - Dec 29, 2020
AOR - Feb 28,2021
SA Approval - March 12, 2021
What's next?
My daughter's file is just ahead of yours and in Delhi VO only.
My timelines in signature - Now next step would be Medical request and once medical is done, you have to wait for PPR.
If they are following First come First serve then, we will have 8-10 days difference in updates.

jaymechanical

Aug 30, 2016
Hello all, just a quick question! I can't link my application. When I enter my information, the system can't find it. I tried entering different info, but nothing worked!! Any advice?

Enter 2 in number of applicant in application field (Sponsor + Child) then only it will be linked.
I was missing on this and struggled a bit but finally could link the application.

All the best...

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
My daughter's file is just ahead of yours and in Delhi VO only.
My timelines in signature - Now next step would be Medical request and once medical is done, you have to wait for PPR.
If they are following First come First serve then, we will have 8-10 days difference in updates.
Thanks Jay.
Please find below an update

Application Received - Dec 29, 2020
AOR - Feb 28,2021
SA Approval - March 12, 2021
Medical request - March 15, 2021
PPR - ??