+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello,
I have received Medical Request for both the applications TRV and Sponsorship at the same time. Can I submit the same report that I ll be getting from the panel physician of IRCC ? to my TRV Application as well for my 9 months old?
Can someone please reply to my above question?

mhnv45

Jan 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

Need help !

I have sponsored for our new born PR but the documents were returned today, Currently My wife and the baby are in India.

Reason for return was not including IMM 5604 Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian.
I haven't checked for number 6 in the document check list and my wife haven't done the co-sign for application form (IMM 1344).

Since my wife is already PR and she will accompany our baby, Should I submit the application again with co-sign or should I submit IMM 5604.

What have you guys submitted (For people who are in similar situation like me).

Appreciate your response and feedback.

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
Hi Guys,

Need help !

I have sponsored for our new born PR but the documents were returned today, Currently My wife and the baby are in India.

Reason for return was not including IMM 5604 Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian.
I haven't checked for number 6 in the document check list and my wife haven't done the co-sign for application form (IMM 1344).

Since my wife is already PR and she will accompany our baby, Should I submit the application again with co-sign or should I submit IMM 5604.

Make your wife a co signer on the sponsorship application. This means that if both of you and your wife are sponsoring your child,there is no need for form 5604. But if one is sponsoring, it becomes obvious that one of the parent hasn't consented to the child's immigration to Canada hence the need for form 5604

Reactions: cecict

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Make your wife a co signer on the sponsorship application. This means that if both of you and your wife are sponsoring your child,there is no need for form 5604. But if one is sponsoring, it becomes obvious that one of the parent hasn't consented to the child's immigration to Canada hence the need for form 5604
Also submit one explanation letter as to why you are not submitting IMM5604 ? I have exactly same situation. I had my wife co signer and submitted one letter for explanation. My application's medical is done.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need help !

Also when did you submit your application?

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Hi Guys,

Need help !

In my case since my son and wife were in India. I send IMM 5604 to my wife. She filled it with the notary and sent it back. I became the sponsor to my child.

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
In my case since my son and wife were in India. I send IMM 5604 to my wife. She filled it with the notary and sent it back. I became the sponsor to my child.
Just to add, follow the checklist religiously. If you are not submitting any doc write an explanation on why you're not submitting it.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Any idea guys what does it mean when the status on Applicant side changed from "In Process" to "Application Received" a week ago.
SA has completed last month.
Medical results of previous file are also accepted.

Did not received any email for VO transfer.

Reactions: Agnes8181

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Any idea guys what does it mean when the status on Applicant side changed from "In Process" to "Application Received" a week ago.
SA has completed last month.
Medical results of previous file are also accepted.

Did not received any email for VO transfer.
I think that is a good sign. I got the Pre-arrival letter just after the status changed "Application Received".
I will change again to "In Process".
Hope you can get a good new, too.

By the way, which visa office is yours? Outland application?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I think that is a good sign. I got the Pre-arrival letter just after the status changed "Application Received".
I will change again to "In Process".
Hope you can get a good new, too.

By the way, which visa office is yours? Outland application?
That's what I don't know as I did not got any Visa Office Transfer email.
Inland application.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
I have a similar situation as well as timeline as yours.
My App Received date is Oct 14, 2020.
SA done.
Applied for extension of Visitor Record.
How are you managing the Insurance for child ? is the child eligible for the Provincial health coverage ?
i am in Ontario.
I had the insurance for him until Feb end and now he is literally out of coverage, i don think he is covered by public health yet. They didnt respond on the visitor visa extension, but yes, i got the sponsorship approval today.
Do you know the next steps and approx timelines after we received the approval for the kids?