+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks.
I checked on ECAS with the application number removing X, says application not found. Does this mean processing has not started yet?
They may have started but not updated the system. It's hard to figure out what's "normal processing" these days (COVID-19). If you check my signature, they sent AOR, SA and transfer to VO in 2 days which usually takes a month. So I assumed that they started working on the application before the AOR and did not communicate before sending it to the VO.
Good luck and sending out positive vibes and prayers to all of us.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi, seeking advise for following question in the form imm5481 - Sponsorship Evaluation.

I and my wife are Permanent Residence of Canada. We stayed for 9 months in Canada. And since last 3 years we are in India and my twins born in India. Now we are going back to Canada next week taking kids on visitor visa.

We are going to put kids PR file soon after reaching there while we both will be unemployed at there also we are unemployed since last 12 months in India too. So what we can write under the question "Your net personal income"? Can we show our personal savings as net income?

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you
Yes. You can show a bank statement. I was unemployed when we started my son's application and I provided two bank statements myself and my spouse (co-signer) and also a letter explaining the situation. Make sure you attach a letter of explanation. I then submitted a webform when I got a job attaching the offer letter and later some payslips. Best of luck :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, seeking advise for following question in the form imm5481 - Sponsorship Evaluation.

I and my wife are Permanent Residence of Canada. We stayed for 9 months in Canada. And since last 3 years we are in India and my twins born in India. Now we are going back to Canada next week taking kids on visitor visa.

We are going to put kids PR file soon after reaching there while we both will be unemployed at there also we are unemployed since last 12 months in India too. So what we can write under the question "Your net personal income"? Can we show our personal savings as net income?

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you
I suggest you read the instructions for the sponsorship financial evaluation:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

"If you are sponsoring a person other than:
  • your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
  • your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
  • your child who has no children of his or her own,

you must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income"

To parse this, you do not need to show that you meet the minimum annual income. You do need to show how you plan to support yourselves although no amount is specified.

Note: of course, only include income in the annual income if you have it. Note that on IMM5481 it provides a space for unemployed and says "give details of your current sitaution and indicate how you support yourself." You can add a separate letter of explanation - that would mention savings, for example, as well as employment plans you and your spouse have.

[Caveat: not an expert, please do read instructions carefully and check with others.]

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Woohooo.. we got my son's PPR.. Can't believe it.. No DM yet. So a bit confused.. but I guess nothing is normal during this time. Here's my full timeline :

Application received: April 17th, 2020
AOR: October 27th, 2020
SA : October 28th, 2020
Moved to Cairo VO: October 28th, 2020
AOR2: January 26th, 2021
Medical Request: January 28th, 2021
Medical Passed: February 2nd, 2021
ADR: February 7th, 2021
Submitted Documents: February 7th, 2021
PPR: February 9th, 2021

Will keep you guys posted on any further updates (DM & CoPR)

amindia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
Woohooo.. we got my son's PPR.. Can't believe it.. No DM yet. So a bit confused.. but I guess nothing is normal during this time. Here's my full timeline :

Congratulations :)

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

Congratulations !
Are you all in Canada ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks :). Yes we are in Canada. Will be sending out the passport to Ottawa later today. Still in shock :D
Just check with IRCC there is a new process now a days they are giving COPR without going out of country to avoid to do the landing out of Country...

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Any applied in sept / oct 2020 and got AOR but no SA yet ? seeing others timeline , people usually got SA within a week and its been almost more than 2 weeks for me :(
What does your ECAS show ?
even i did not received an official letter for Sponsor Approval...but ECAS shows Decision Made...

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Just check with IRCC there is a new process now a days they are giving COPR without going out of country to avoid to do the landing out of Country...
Yes. I am aware of the virtual landing. Not sure yet how the process works. The letter only states to submit the Passport to CPC-Ottawa. Guess I would have to wait for more instructionswhen they issue the CoPR. Thanks for letting me know :)

Edit: I came across this link on the government website for landing and receiving PR Card:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Last edited:

mhnv45

Jan 7, 2019
I have sponsored for our new born baby in August and only temporary file number has been allocated till now, Still waiting for SA and application confirmation email.