+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Can someone please help me how to apply for extension for my kid beyond 6 months ? He did not have visa while coming along with us (US born) and there was not stamp on his passport while we arrived here!

I had applied for his PR sponsorship in sept 2020 and have not received AOR yet and not sure if there would be any document i need for his extension as well.

Reactions: cecict

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Can someone please help me how to apply for extension for my kid beyond 6 months ? He did not have visa while coming along with us (US born) and there was not stamp on his passport while we arrived here!

I had applied for his PR sponsorship in sept 2020 and have not received AOR yet and not sure if there would be any document i need for his extension as well.
You Can apply online for a Visitor Record.. It should be atleast 30 days before the 6 month period ends.. Good luck

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
I applied in Oct, they received the file on Oct 5th and i received the AOR for my dependent child, today, Do i still need to apply for extending his visitor status?

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I applied in Oct, they received the file on Oct 5th and i received the AOR for my dependent child, today, Do i still need to apply for extending his visitor status?
Congrats on receiving AOR. Did you apply in 2020? I too applied in Oct 2020, still waiting for AOR.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Congrats on receiving AOR. Did you apply in 2020? I too applied in Oct 2020, still waiting for AOR.
Thanks. Yes, it was Oct 2020, hopefully its on the way for you too !!! Do you know what to expect next? How far we could be for the final PR status?

Reactions: Kothai

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks. Yes, it was Oct 2020, hopefully its on the way for you too !!! Do you know what to expect next? How far we could be for the final PR status?
Guess next would be sponsorship approval and medical request. Then transfer to home country. Not sure how much longer from thrrr

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Does the linking have to be done only with application number? I tried calling ircc for application number but was unsuccessful.
Yes, you need an Application Number to link an application online. You will get it only after receiving AOR.

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
I have applied in Sept 2020 (inland) and received AOR yday but not able to link my account! anyone else faced this issue and any tips how to link ?
I am providing my sons info in the applicant info for link FYI ..

Reactions: Kothai

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I have applied in Sept 2020 (inland) and received AOR yday but not able to link my account! anyone else faced this issue and any tips how to link ?
I am providing my sons info in the applicant info for link FYI ..
I also got AOR for Oct 2 2020 application on Friday .One question when i called ircc before sending application they said for dependent child application is Outland only and we have to sent application to Sydney ,NB .. For spouse it depends if you are in canada or not . Can you please advise where did you sent application ? Mississauga only ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Yes, you need an Application Number to link an application online. You will get it only after receiving AOR.
How you linked application since i tried but its not finding .. My kid is US born and currently in Canada on . I got my AOR on friday and trying to link buy no success .. can you suggest what combination you tried ?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I also got AOR for Oct 2 2020 application on Friday .One question when i called ircc before sending application they said for dependent child application is Outland only and we have to sent application to Sydney ,NB .. For spouse it depends if you are in canada or not . Can you please advise where did you sent application ? Mississauga only ?
You have to send all dependant child sponsorship applications to Sydney, NS.. Regardless of where your child is physically present..