+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi All,
To take the child to Canada while the PR is being processed, what should we apply TRV or TRP? On what basis will they issue as the child will not have a reason to return once the TRV/TRP expires as parents are PR holders?
It looks like it will take a very long time for PR to be processed. I have applied last month.
We applied for TRV but they reject TRV and ask for TRP fees . Make a strong case for your child , I am assuming one of the parent is in Canada . It will surely make your case strong and hopefully you will get TRV/TRP

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
We applied for TRV but they reject TRV and ask for TRP fees . Make a strong case for your child , I am assuming one of the parent is in Canada . It will surely make your case strong and hopefully you will get TRV/TRP
We had applied for TRV in March 2020 but it was rejected. Now my husband has travelled to Canada. Can we directly apply for TRP or apply for both?

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Can any one guide, how both parent will sign the consent form for GCMS for minor dependent child.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Its a 2 way courier system now, with bluedart picking up the passport for stamping and then dropping it off at the same location. No direct submission. The process is pretty irritating to be frank.
Irritating? At least it will be tracked at every instance. When you send to Ottawa there is a risk for the passport. You never know what's happening. There is so much uncertainty. At least sending it to NDVO through a proper process gives peace of mind.

The entire process of sending to Ottawa and getting the passport back is filled with uncertainties. Until your application is approved and you get the backtracker envelope activated to get the documents back everyday is filled with tension. If they loose the documents then no liability.

I would have chosen NDVO at this instance over Ottawa. But I don't have a choice.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Can any one guide, how both parent will sign the consent form for GCMS for minor dependent child.
Fill the form. Let one parent sign, then scan with blue ink sign visible. Provide that to the other parent who is requesting for GCMS notes to sign, scan and upload. This is in case both parents are at different locations.

Else just enter the parents details on the form and sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecict and ajay100

Milay

Nov 13, 2020
Good day everyone, pls has anyone been called recently for medicals and how long does it take to get called from the time of submission?

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
I am an Inland applicant but I see the application had moved to NDVO, is that normal?. The child is in Canada from the date of applying the Sponsorship and address mentioned to contact has a Canadian address.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I am an Inland applicant but I see the application had moved to NDVO, is that normal?. The child is in Canada from the date of applying the Sponsorship and address mentioned to contact has a Canadian address.
Same thing happened to me.. they transferred his application to Cairo VO even though my son lives here and his address is here..

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Oh ok, did you do anything to change back to current residence VO?.
I didn't change the address.. I came to realise that this is common in sponsoring dependant child.. they send the application to where the child was born for further processing.. enjoy your long awaited victory.. :)