Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

amindia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
To all your questions
1. The trv was approved but due to vac closure there is nothing i can do
2. I applied from my account
Thank you for your prompt response.

So it means u couldn't use that trv to take ur child to canada? And if it is so, there is no advantage in applying for trv unless VACs are opened?

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Yes , I am still waiting for VAC to open because we cant do anything with the approval . NDVO sucks they dont even read my emails when i explain my situation

amindia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
Yes , I am still waiting for VAC to open because we cant do anything with the approval . NDVO sucks they dont even read my emails when i explain my situation
Its really sad. NDVO doesn't want to work at all. I hope you a get reply soon from them, good luck to you. And thank you again for all the information.

kaki77

Feb 11, 2020
As always said family reunification but they are not working, NDVO is lazy and even slow than turtle. I was told by someone that they are going to close for month of October. Is it true? Anyone heard about closure of NDVO for month of October?

ameya.poredi

Oct 8, 2020
Hello folks,

I had applied for my toddlers pr in Nov 2019 and am still awaiting his processing from NDVO. That being said, I was browsing through the IRCC website and came across the following link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#travel-restriction-exemptions

If I infer correctly from the link, IRCC does allow dependent children to travel to Canada if their parents are citizen or permanent resident and they do not need any visitor visa/ pr ?

Just wanted the experienced folks in this forum to comment on my conclusion.

Look forward to your reply.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello folks,

I had applied for my toddlers pr in Nov 2019 and am still awaiting his processing from NDVO. That being said, I was browsing through the IRCC website and came across the following link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#travel-restriction-exemptions

If I infer correctly from the link, IRCC does allow dependent children to travel to Canada if their parents are citizen or permanent resident and they do not need any visitor visa/ pr ?

Just wanted the experienced folks in this forum to comment on my conclusion.

Look forward to your reply.
Hi. I am sponsoring my 8 month old son. My husband and I are Permanent Residents. I entered Canada after the travel restrictions were in place with my son (he has a TRV - Issued before the offices closed at the beginning of March). So Yes. U can travel to Canada with ur toddlers as long as they have a TRV or a TRP and u or ur spouse is a Canadian Citizen or a PR.
That being said it seems that ur application may be at the final stages since it arrived at NDVO. My advice to u would be if u want to bring ur toddlers into Canada u can but ur application is outland so I am not sure when the decision is made and u are in Canada how u can move forward with the Outland application.
In short I can only advise on the travel restrictions, but how this will affect the sponsorship process, I do not know.
Good luck to you either way :)

ameya.poredi

Oct 8, 2020
Hi. I am sponsoring my 8 month old son. My husband and I are Permanent Residents. I entered Canada after the travel restrictions were in place with my son (he has a TRV - Issued before the offices closed at the beginning of March). So Yes. U can travel to Canada with ur toddlers as long as they have a TRV or a TRP and u or ur spouse is a Canadian Citizen or a PR.
That being said it seems that ur application may be at the final stages since it arrived at NDVO. My advice to u would be if u want to bring ur toddlers into Canada u can but ur application is outland so I am not sure when the decision is made and u are in Canada how u can move forward with the Outland application.
In short I can only advise on the travel restrictions, but how this will affect the sponsorship process, I do not know.
Good luck to you either way :)
Hi, thanks for your reply.

My son does not have a TRV or a TRP so just wanted to know if he can travel without the document.

With regards to PR, you have a valid point, I think I will write to IRCC and explain the circumstances which are forcing me to move, if I decide to get him here.

regards
Ameya

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I finally got DM and COPR today!
:)

Timeline
Receive Application : September 26, 2019
Confirmation of Application: November 5, 2019
Biometric (Letter 1) : November 7, 2019( I didn't see this email)
Medical : November 8, 2019
Sponsorship Eligibility: November 12, 2019
Medical Done: November 14, 2019
Application Frwd to MVO : November 21, 2019
MVO started processing : January 9, 2020
Pre-arrival : January 22, 2020
Biometric (letter 2) : January 22, 2020
Biometric Done : February 08, 2020
DM : October 6, 2020
COPR : October 6, 2020
Congratulations :)

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Hi, thanks for your reply.

My son does not have a TRV or a TRP so just wanted to know if he can travel without the document.

With regards to PR, you have a valid point, I think I will write to IRCC and explain the circumstances which are forcing me to move, if I decide to get him here.

regards
Ameya
You need TRV or TRP to travel for dependents also. If parents are PR, generally it TRP which is given.

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Can anyone share their success story in obtaining a TRV for dependent child? I applied a few months ago but it was refused. My husband has recently moved to Canada and has submitted PR application for dependent child and now I want to reapply for the TRV. Should I cite purpose of visit is to fulfill residency obligation or should it be to visit my husband with our baby. We got out PR last year via soft landing and I have not been able to return since, due to baby not having TRV.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Can anyone share their success story in obtaining a TRV for dependent child? I applied a few months ago but it was refused. My husband has recently moved to Canada and has submitted PR application for dependent child and now I want to reapply for the TRV. Should I cite purpose of visit is to fulfill residency obligation or should it be to visit my husband with our baby. We got out PR last year via soft landing and I have not been able to return since, due to baby not having TRV.
Hi Sherin.
I would like to share my story with you on how we got our TRV for my infant son. My son was born unexpectedly and prematurely in Egypt in January during our visit there as we had a critically ill family member. My husband and I are Permanent Residents since October of last year. I wrote in a letter of explanation along with the TRV application explaining what happened and clearly stating that I couldn't leave my infant and go back to Canada without him as he was only 1 month old when I applied for a TRV. I also mentioned that we intended to sponsor him as soon as I go back.

I dunno if this helps but I have found that attaching a letter of explanation will help the officer understand why it is important for your child to get a TRV.
Hope this helps :)

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Thank you. Unfortunately I did not have the same luck as you. I also did the same thing in my first application wherein I indicated that we do intend to sponsor him when we get there but it was still denied. Hence my confusion as to what is appropriate to indicate in the Letter of Explanation.

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi guys,
I need some advice. I am a permanent resident of Canada living here since 9 years. I applied for my mother and brother's visitor visa application to come visit me in Canada. My mom's application was accepted however my brother's application was rejected. He is a 24 year down syndrome child who is dependent on my mom financially and emotionally. I have no family member in Canada. We have applied 2 times and both times his application was rejected.
Can you please advise any experienced lawyer who can help us? I really want them to come visit me here. Please.