+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hey guys, my dependent child's TRV was approved last week and the mail said that New Delhi mission office would be contacting with further instructions. Anybody in the same situation?
Hi
I am in the same situation my son TRV was approved on June 8 and yesterday I got passport request letter . I am confused what to do as VAC is closed

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
I am writing this post so that it might be helpful for some us
I have applied for RV for my 13 month old son in Novemeber2019 and it got rejected in 3 weeks time. Since my husband left to Canada we started sponsorship and PR . The timeline is
Jan 6 2020 : Application Recieved
Feb 5 2020 : SPonsorship Approval
Feb 6 2020 : Medicals Recieved
Feb 10 2020 : Medicals Submitted
Feb 14 2020 : Medicals Passed
Feb 18 2020 : File transferred to NDVO
March 8 2020 : Application Recieved on ECAS
And then the pandemic and absolute silence. So I was extremely worried and applied for TRV/ TRP. I paid TRP application fee 200 cad and TRV application fee 100. Included the TRP payment reciept and TRV online payment

May 18 2020 : TRP/TRV applied
I have written Covid 19 under the other section in application form. Also I wroted an email to ircc exemption explaining my situation.
June 8 2020 : Email approval of TRV from NDVO
August 7 2020 : Passport request letter in my gc account
But the confusion is still on as where to send the passport as VACC is closed . Hope this get resolves soon.

From my experience, for the success of TRV I realised medicals and explanation letter was very important

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
I am writing this post so that it might be helpful for some us
I have applied for RV for my 13 month old son in Novemeber2019 and it got rejected in 3 weeks time. Since my husband left to Canada we started sponsorship and PR . The timeline is
Jan 6 2020 : Application Recieved
Feb 5 2020 : SPonsorship Approval
Feb 6 2020 : Medicals Recieved
Feb 10 2020 : Medicals Submitted
Feb 14 2020 : Medicals Passed
Feb 18 2020 : File transferred to NDVO
March 8 2020 : Application Recieved on ECAS
And then the pandemic and absolute silence. So I was extremely worried and applied for TRV/ TRP. I paid TRP application fee 200 cad and TRV application fee 100. Included the TRP payment reciept and TRV online payment

May 18 2020 : TRP/TRV applied
I have written Covid 19 under the other section in application form. Also I wroted an email to ircc exemption explaining my situation.
June 8 2020 : Email approval of TRV from NDVO
August 7 2020 : Passport request letter in my gc account
But the confusion is still on as where to send the passport as VACC is closed . Hope this get resolves soon.

From my experience, for the success of TRV I realised medicals and explanation letter was very important

Ppr for the dependent child application?

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hello, Any in-canada applicants who were able to get OHIP for your dependent child while PR is in progress?

My 19 mo is a US Citizen currently in CA as a visitor (visitor record valid until Feb 2021). His PR is in progress (AOR Jan 2020).

OHIP site says if we produce any one of the below documents from IRCC, he can get OHIP while his PR is in progress.

Do we know at what stage of the PR process, can we get these documents from IRCC?

• Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada
  • IRCC document (e.g. work permit, visitor record, temporary resident permit or study permit), with a note confirming all three of the following. You have:
    1. applied for permanent residence
    2. met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
    3. have not been denied
You can email to OERC@ontario.ca stating that your PR application in progress and ask them to process OHIP card, if child in Canada. We were able to get the OHIP for our child and the Family Sponsorship for the child is still in progress.

Reactions: tapa.n

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
You can email to OERC@ontario.ca stating that your PR application in progress and ask them to process OHIP card, if child in Canada. We were able to get the OHIP for our child and the Family Sponsorship for the child is still in progress.
Thank you @sat_cse28 for sharing this information. What documents needs to be sent with this email.

Last edited:

adelaid

Aug 12, 2020
@sat_cse28, what stage was your application at when you applied/received OHIP for your child pls, e.g. have you received AOR2, or have you received Pre-arrival letter etc.?

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
I applied for my 14 months old son PR sponsorship on 30th March 2020. It was an inland physical application. There has been no communication since then, I am still waiting for AOR. When I try to link the application or check for status online, it says no application found with given details. Should I raise a webform request to check the status

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I applied for my 14 months old son PR sponsorship on 30th March 2020. It was an inland physical application. There has been no communication since then, I am still waiting for AOR. When I try to link the application or check for status online, it says no application found with given details. Should I raise a webform request to check the status
You will need Application Number to link your application online and check status. Most likely that there is a backlog due to Covid lockdown and so it will take time. But you can request for information.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
@sat_cse28, what stage was your application at when you applied/received OHIP for your child pls, e.g. have you received AOR2, or have you received Pre-arrival letter etc.?
I havent received AOR yet, with my Payment receipt and communication information to IRCC asking for update, provided as proof for OHIP, it took 1month time for processing and received the card later without photo.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Thank you @sat_cse28 for sharing this information. What documents needs to be sent with this email.
You can just mention that would like to apply for OHIP and your Child sponsorship is in progress and can provide evidence for the same, they will ask if any additional document required.

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
I have recieved PPR from NDVO for my 2 year old has anyone is the same situation . VAC in india is closed what should we do now ?