+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
I am still confused about family members details to be provided or not. For my minor son, me and spouse are the family members, do I need to provide our details also along with my son as a reply. Why would they mention family members if they dont need it. Below is the letter content -

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client.
Next steps:

• Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.
  • As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.
  • In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
    • Name:
    • UCI:
    • Email (one for the whole family)
    • Original entry date:
    • Date of last time you entered Canada:
    • Location where you last entered:
    • Are you currently inside Canada:
    • If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:
  • If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
  • Once you reply by email, we’ll send you an invitation to create a portal account from: Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.DoNotReply-NePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca>
If you didn’t get our email, check your junk mail or spam folder.
Please respond quickly with the requested information, this will result in faster processing.
Find out more about the portal on our website.

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
I am still confused about family members details to be provided or not. For my minor son, me and spouse are the family members, do I need to provide our details also along with my son as a reply. Why would they mention family members if they dont need it. Below is the letter content -

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client.
Next steps:

• Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.
  • As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.
  • In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
    • Name:
    • UCI:
    • Email (one for the whole family)
    • Original entry date:
    • Date of last time you entered Canada:
    • Location where you last entered:
    • Are you currently inside Canada:
    • If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:
  • If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
  • Once you reply by email, we’ll send you an invitation to create a portal account from: Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada <IRCC.DoNotReply-NePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca>
If you didn’t get our email, check your junk mail or spam folder.
Please respond quickly with the requested information, this will result in faster processing.
Find out more about the portal on our website.
I sent them the requested info on Nov. 02 (the day I got their email). However, I don't know what has happened, I received a reminder email from them today mentioning to send them the same info. It looks like they have not received my previous email or their system has some sort of bug!!!

aegan

Jul 4, 2016
Hi

Can some one please tell me the procedure to sponsor dependent child from India to Canada . Document checklist and procedure to apply .
I called the Vfs and they told me to check website , I was not able to get more information.
Me and my husband are Permanent resident of Canada. Thanks .

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Got eCOPR email through portal. Wish you guys all the best.

received Jan. 26, 2021
Medical May 14, 2021
supporting docs requested by CIC: September 15, 2021 and sent September 20, 2021
Pre-arrival: Oct. 23, 2021
Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process: Nov. 2nd
Reply to IRCC for the requested info. Nov. 2nd.
Received IRCC user/pass for login into portal: Nov. 08
Received eCOPR email: Nov. 10

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
&quot;Decision made&quot;: 1 April 2015
Hi

Can some one please tell me the procedure to sponsor dependent child from India to Canada . Document checklist and procedure to apply .
I called the Vfs and they told me to check website , I was not able to get more information.
Me and my husband are Permanent resident of Canada. Thanks .
You will be looking for sponsorship of a person in the family class.
There is so much information on the IRCC website (with step by step guide).

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Finally got my eligibility to sponsor confirmation...its been a long 13 months.
Application: Family Sponsorship-dependent child
Date Submitted: 10/17/20
AOR-Feb 2021
Eligibility-11/10/21

Can anyone let me know when medicals will be requested and how long COPR will take from here, given the COVID and Afgan situation?

Reactions: SirK

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hi Team! Littlebit offtopic … but i know u guys r great, someone will answer! My sister put up her file under Occupation in demand category from India. Her courier was received at Nova Scotia on 24th Sept 2021 and she didnt get AOR yet!!! her spouse and her two daughters will be her dependents. thanks

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone! So my father applied for a Famliy Sponsorship Dependent Child for me for my PR. And my consultant said 'Family sponsorship applications are taking 24 months because of COVID.' But at canada.ca it shows 18 months. I'm confused about that. What do you guys are thinking about my current situation? I really feel confused, any comment will help. Thank you!

Application Recieved: 22 July 2021
Medical Exam Instruction Recieved: 20 September 2021
Biometric Instruction Completed: 5 October 2021
Medical Exam Results Sent to IRCC: 18 October 2021

And still didn't recieved any mails from canada.ca. What do you guys thinking about my PR processing time? Do you guys think it would last 24 months? Or would it approved by february, march? And does anyone knows that what status am I gonna be when my PR approves? Temporary PR holder or PR holder? Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
24 months is an average duration. Some applications take much shorter, less than a year and others over 2 years.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Got eCOPR email through portal. Wish you guys all the best.

received Jan. 26, 2021
Medical May 14, 2021
supporting docs requested by CIC: September 15, 2021 and sent September 20, 2021
Pre-arrival: Oct. 23, 2021
Received eCOPR email: Nov. 10
hi there was curious what you meant by "portal process"

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Anyone know whats up with the online portal, its been three months since I submitted a dependant sponsorship application - no AOR

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
Anyone know whats up with the online portal, its been three months since I submitted a dependant sponsorship application - no AOR
It can take up to 6 months and more sometimes, before an application is acknowledged. Long road, my friend.

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Hi, when I check my application page I see there is Review of eligibility and Background check is processing. How much does it takes to process these two things for IRCC does anyone know? Thank you!