+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2018 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello, I am new on this forum. MY POST WOULD BE LONG, BUT HOPING TO FIND SOME GUIDANCE.

My mom came to Canada first and then became citizen. Years later, she was able to bring me and my Dad and we are now all Citizens. When me and Dad were still in the Philippines, (while mom was working in Canada), my dad made the biggest mistake of his life. He had a one night stand to a lady and they had a child which is my half sister. My half sister is now 8 years old and still in the Philippines. But ever since she was born, it was me and my dad who took care of her because her mom doesn't have a financial capability to sustain her. Her mom never cares about her. In fact her mom has now her own family. My Dad didn't declare my half sister when we first arrived to Canada because of the fear the he might lose his PR.

To make the story short, Canada has a new Pilot Project for Undeclared Child. My dad would like to sponsor my half sister so we can all be together here. We have already contact the Lady and she agrees about sponsorship. She is okay to bring my half sister here in Canada to have a good future, she said she will sign all the documents needed. In fact, we are half way through the papers. What we have is the following:

1) IMM5604 DECLARATION OF NON ACCOMPANYING PARENT/GUARDIAN
2) Affidavit of Custody
3) Affidavit of Consent to Travel

All of those documents were signed by her mother and Notarized. All Immigration forms needed to be sign by her mother were all signed too.

My question is, Would that be good enough as documents proving that her Mother has no objections on bringing my half sister here in Canada? Would that Affidavit of Custody enough or is FULL LEGAL CUSTODY FROM COURT needed?

Any same case as ours? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dptpradeep

Nov 2, 2019
HI,

Me and my wife are Canadian PR. We got PR before our daughter was born. Our daughter was born in USA in July 2018. We moved to Canada in April 2019 and applied for her PR in May 2019.

This is the timeline of our case:

1.) It was received in Sydney office on May 27,2019.
2.) It was AOR on July 16,2019.
2.) On July 23,2019 I met the eligibility condition for being a sponsor and also told to take the medical exam.
3.) On July 26,2019 got a message telling the case was transferred to Mississauga for processing.
4.) On July 31,2019 took the medical exam.
5.) On August 9,2019 saw the status that the medical exam was passed.
6.) On August 21,2019 got a message telling case was transferred to Los Angeles office for processing.

I had paid the bio metrics fee while submitting the application but they refunded it back.

Has any one else faced this issue for their US born dependent child PR sponsorship application being sent to Los Angeles office from Mississauga office? Thanks.
Have you received any update? I have also applied for my daughter's PR. Her medical was received today. I was wondering how long would it take to get the PR approval from now

Dptpradeep

Nov 2, 2019
Hi All,

Timeline for my daughter (who is in Canada) sponsorship application:

Application submitted March 23, 2019
Application received March 25 2019
Acknowledgement received via Email April 26 2019
Medical Request: Jul 3, 2019
Medical Results Received: Jul 7, 2019

Still have not got any emails or updates about sponsor approval...
Hopefully they will expedite the process for all of us :)
Good Luck !!!
Have you received any update? I received sponsor approval and medical results were received today.
Any idea how long it would take from this step?

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Have you received any update? I have also applied for my daughter's PR. Her medical was received today. I was wondering how long would it take to get the PR approval from now
My daughter's application has been sent to New York office now. No update yet. The processing time in the site is mentioned as 11 months. :(

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Son (Dependent Child)

Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019

I was checking the timelines and it says 10 months.

Dptpradeep

Nov 2, 2019
My daughter's application has been sent to New York office now. No update yet. The processing time in the site is mentioned as 11 months. :(
Yes, I have seen that on the website too. But I am just hopeful that cases may be approved sooner

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Son (Dependent Child)

I was checking the timelines and it says 10 months.

Hi, what country is your daughter from?

Dptpradeep

Nov 2, 2019
The application status on my daughter's sponsorship says decision made. However, I do not see anything beyond medical received. Does a anyone know what's next. She is a U.S. Citizen and this is an inland application.

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Sponsoring my child.

Application received by office:- 02 Oct, 2019

As of now no AOR.

Now am doubting that might be something was missed!!

Bshaw

Jun 21, 2017
Inland sponsoring for my daughter

Cic received Application sept 3
AOR oct 16
Med req Oct 30th
Med done Nov 2
Med rec Nov 14
Decisión made on sponsor side
In process on applicant side

Will share further updates.

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
My Time Line for daughter's Sponsorship Application. I am a 2019 Applicant though:

Application submitted February 11th, 2019
Application received 15th February 2019
Acknowledgment received via Email 23rd March 2019
Medical Request Received on 24th September 2019
PPR received on 19th November 2019
Passport expected to arrive in 4 weeks

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
To whoever has started this thread any specific reasons why you are deleting my posts?

When you delete someone's post please specify the reason. I am sponsoring my dependent child and was giving updates.

Are you the owner of Canada Visa Forum? Deleting posts relevant to subject. Don't have any valid work?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Son (Dependent Child) - Outland --- Update

Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019

Note: I have started the following Thread Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications for 2019 and 2020.
The purpose is to help others in Canada Visa Forum in the same process understand the current timelines and reduce their anxiety since we are all travelling in the same boat.

I hope the admin of this thread is reasonable enough not to delete my post.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Son (Dependent Child) - Outland --- Update

Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019

Note: I have started the following Thread Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications for 2019 and 2020.
The purpose is to help others in Canada Visa Forum in the same process understand the current timelines and reduce their anxiety since we are all travelling in the same boat.

I hope the admin of this thread is reasonable enough not to delete my post.

Hello, is the date received of your application is that the date where it was received when you sent through courier?

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
HI,

Me and my wife are Canadian PR. We got PR before our daughter was born. Our daughter was born in USA in July 2018. We moved to Canada in April 2019 and applied for her PR in May 2019.

This is the timeline of our case:

1.) It was received in Sydney office on May 27,2019.
2.) It was AOR on July 16,2019.
2.) On July 23,2019 I met the eligibility condition for being a sponsor and also told to take the medical exam.
3.) On July 26,2019 got a message telling the case was transferred to Mississauga for processing.
4.) On July 31,2019 took the medical exam.
5.) On August 9,2019 saw the status that the medical exam was passed.
6.) On August 21,2019 got a message telling case was transferred to Los Angeles office for processing.

I had paid the bio metrics fee while submitting the application but they refunded it back.

Has any one else faced this issue for their US born dependent child PR sponsorship application being sent to Los Angeles office from Mississauga office? Thanks.

Hi,
I have a question: Since last week this site services3.cic.gc.ca says the "Permanent Residence Application Status" is "Decision Made". But I didn't receive any mail or letter or any message from IRCC about the decision.

ANy one know whats happening?