+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello Friends,

Need one guidance please.

Currently I am unemployed and looking for job in Canada. I have sufficient proof of funds to show in Canadian Bank.

Can I apply for sponsoring my child, even employed? Is it necessary to have job for sponsoring child?

I know in application we have option to choose if we are working or not. If not than we need to show how we take care of child like proof of funds. So technically I can apply for sponsoring my child even unemployed, but what is general response of immigration officer in this situation? Do they reject generally in this kind of situation or consider proof of funds reasonable source to sponsor child?

Is someone here who has applied for sponsoring child without having job?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thanks
Since there is no minimum income requirement for dependent sponsorship, you can safely assume that unemployment won't have any bearing on application.

Flucht

Jun 27, 2019
A few questions please, I am new to this and trying to learn

1. If the sole sponsor is a Canadian citizen, does he need to be in Canada during the time of the application?

2. For minor children living in Laos (duly listed on their mother’s original permanent residency application & they had and passed medical exams as required at that time) approximately how long does it take from application date to final approval ?

3. Since the children had and passed medical at the time of their mothers pr application, will they need to take medical again?

The first question is the one that is really important to me.

Thank you

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
A few questions please, I am new to this and trying to learn

1. If the sole sponsor is a Canadian citizen, does he need to be in Canada during the time of the application?

2. For minor children living in Laos (duly listed on their mother’s original permanent residency application & they had and passed medical exams as required at that time) approximately how long does it take from application date to final approval ?

3. Since the children had and passed medical at the time of their mothers pr application, will they need to take medical again?

The first question is the one that is really important to me.

Thank you
1. Yes. Sponsor has to be in Canada for entire duration of application. Short trips outside of Canada are OK but primary residence should be in Canada. I was asked to submit proof of residency in Canada and I had submitted my Driving License, OHIP card, Credit card statements, Checking Account statements, Phone bills, Internet bill, Hydro bill, Lease, Renter's insurance and Auto insurance as proof.

Flucht

Jun 27, 2019
Appnov2014ny, thank you for the response. May I ask if your own status is as a PR or as a Canadian citizen? I was thinking when I read the requirements that the physical presence requirement applied only to PR, but maybe I didn’t read and understand correctly.

Also, I would like to know approximately when after submission of the application you were asked to provide that proof of residency. Thank you

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Appnov2014ny, thank you for the response. May I ask if your own status is as a PR or as a Canadian citizen? I was thinking when I read the requirements that the physical presence requirement applied only to PR, but maybe I didn’t read and understand correctly.

Also, I would like to know approximately when after submission of the application you were asked to provide that proof of residency. Thank you
Canadian citizens don't have Physical presence requirements since children born to Canadian citizens are Canadian Citizens themselves. But I guess your case is a bit different.

If you check last few pages in this thread then you will find my timelines of application.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey guys!
Im sponsoring my minor dependent children (previous relationship) and is wondering if my spouse is needed as a cosigner when applying for CSQ?
Thanks in advance!

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
Hi There, Congratulations!
I have one query, TRV is for 6 months only, did you apply for TRV extension for your child? Generally application processing time is more than 6 months and by that time TRV expires. So wanted to know do they extend TRV of child?

Thanks
So we had the unique option where my son went back to India in Jan 2019 and came back in March and his 6 months validity of the stay starts from March 2019. So we did not need to apply for an extension since his CoPR has come through before that itself.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
So we had the unique option where my son went back to India in Jan 2019 and came back in March and his 6 months validity of the stay starts from March 2019. So we did not need to apply for an extension since his CoPR has come through before that itself.
Hello Mathews - Quick Qs for you

1. How did OHIP process for your child go? What all documents did Service Ontario ask?
2. How are you finishing landing formalities for your child? At the border or one of the IRCC centers?

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
Hello Mathews - Quick Qs for you

1. How did OHIP process for your child go? What all documents did Service Ontario ask? >> We havent been complete this OHIP yet since his landing is not completed and servie Ontario needs te COPR to be stamped before they can process his OHIP coverage. They do not need the child at the office and and it can be completed via a scheduled appointment. They just need the parents passport and PR card and address proof.
2. How are you finishing landing formalities for your child? At the border or one of the IRCC centers?
>> Not yet. I have been waiting since May 17th for the confirmation of the landing appointment and still have not heard back. have raised web forms and written to the CIC ID as well but no response yet.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
a) Received Invitation to pre-arrival services
b) Online account shows that submitted additional documents are being reviewed
c) eCAS shows "Decision Made"

Timeline

4th Feb: Application reached Sydney
13th March: AOR
20th March: SA, Medical request 1( I didn't get any email and there were no pdfs in my online account)
27th March : Application transferred to Mississauga
28th May: Medical request 2, Additional document request ( Sponsor's residency)
31st May: Additional documents sent to Mississauga through emails.
4th June: Medical exam taken, eMedical results sent to IRCC same day, proof of Medical completion uploaded to Online account.
6th June: Online account shows Medical exam passed
23rd June: Invitation to pre-arrival services, additional documents are being reviewed, eCAS shows "Decision Made"

congratulations

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
does anyone here got PPR and knows how to send passport thru VFS its kinda confusing with the payment and instructions