+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

meiq

Apr 8, 2019
Dear knowledgeable friends in this forum please help. I submitted my application in early March and CIC asked for additional docs in late April and I provided promptly but since then I still have not received AOR (been 3 months now)hence no case number. Is there any way I can contact CIC and find out what is going on please?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dear knowledgeable friends in this forum please help. I submitted my application in early March and CIC asked for additional docs in late April and I provided promptly but since then I still have not received AOR (been 3 months now)hence no case number. Is there any way I can contact CIC and find out what is going on please?
Could you please provide more details? What all documents did CIC ask? Unless your application was filled incorrectly ( for ex - Signature missing), CIC generally sends out AOR before asking for additional documents.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
  1. We received application for permanent residence on July 11, 2018.
  2. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt of application(s) on January 14, 2019.
  3. We started processing application on December 10, 2018.
  4. We sent medical instructions on November 14, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent correspondence on June 5, 2019. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Hi guys finally it's done. We sent the passport to Ottawa this morning.

We received our pre arrival services letter one week before the passport request. It took almost 11 months for the application to be completed.
congrats

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
a) Received Invitation to pre-arrival services
b) Online account shows that submitted additional documents are being reviewed
c) eCAS shows "Decision Made"

Timeline

4th Feb: Application reached Sydney
13th March: AOR
20th March: SA, Medical request 1( I didn't get any email and there were no pdfs in my online account)
27th March : Application transferred to Mississauga
28th May: Medical request 2, Additional document request ( Sponsor's residency)
31st May: Additional documents sent to Mississauga through emails.
4th June: Medical exam taken, eMedical results sent to IRCC same day, proof of Medical completion uploaded to Online account.
6th June: Online account shows Medical exam passed
23rd June: Invitation to pre-arrival services, additional documents are being reviewed, eCAS shows "Decision Made"

shikamara

Jun 12, 2019

Timeline

20th March: SA, Medical request 1( I didn't get any email and there were no pdfs in my online account)
4th June: Medical exam taken, eMedical results sent to IRCC same day, proof of Medical completion uploaded to Online account.
23rd June: Invitation to pre-arrival services, additional documents are being reviewed, eCAS shows "Decision Made"
congratulations

ManiNeela

Feb 22, 2016

Timeline

Congrats, good to hear.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Received Passport Request. No change in eCAS. Unable to access Online account.

Timeline

25th June: PPR ( Passport copy since daughter is from visa-exempt country)

Feb 19, 2018
Hello Friends,

Need one guidance please.

Currently I am unemployed and looking for job in Canada. I have sufficient proof of funds to show in Canadian Bank.

Can I apply for sponsoring my child, even employed? Is it necessary to have job for sponsoring child?

I know in application we have option to choose if we are working or not. If not than we need to show how we take care of child like proof of funds. So technically I can apply for sponsoring my child even unemployed, but what is general response of immigration officer in this situation? Do they reject generally in this kind of situation or consider proof of funds reasonable source to sponsor child?

Is someone here who has applied for sponsoring child without having job?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2018
9 months old. He has been in Canada on his TRV since September 2018.
Hi There, Congratulations!
I have one query, TRV is for 6 months only, did you apply for TRV extension for your child? Generally application processing time is more than 6 months and by that time TRV expires. So wanted to know do they extend TRV of child?

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi There, Congratulations!
I have one query, TRV is for 6 months only, did you apply for TRV extension for your child? Generally application processing time is more than 6 months and by that time TRV expires. So wanted to know do they extend TRV of child?

Thanks
You will need to apply for TRV extension before expiry of current TRV visa. Fees is $100.