+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
My question is, what would be the implication if I get my son a visitors visa while waiting for his permanent visa?

If the permanent visa gets approved while he is in Canada, does he need to go to the Philippines (for PDOS,etc) and come back again to Canada?

Do you know if this would negatively affect his application for the permanent visa?

Many thanks in advance for your help...
No negative impact. He won't need to go to PH. Once his PR is granted he can finish landing formalities in Canada.

grakeshjain

Jan 17, 2019
Hello all,

I have applied for PR for my kid who is just 4 months old but haven't received any updates for more than a month after medical is done.

So, now thinking to apply for visitor visa. Just have some questions as I'm filling the form

1) Funds available for my stay - Since we are filling for kid, does it matter if we put some amount?

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
I am applying PR for my kid born in India 6 months back. While making the payment for PR application, Do I need to pay for biometrics as well?

Appreciate if someone can answer this.

Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
I am applying PR for my kid born in India 6 months back. While making the payment for PR application, Do I need to pay for biometrics as well?

Appreciate if someone can answer this.
Children younger than 14 are exempt from providing biometrics

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello friends

Today i have received an email with a letter in cic account that my kids can go and take pre-arrival services before landing to canada. So is it necessary to go for these services or not. Secondly, now how much time it will take for PPR request for stamping and what would be the next update?

Thanks

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Dear All,

I have applied for Child dependent PR sponsorship for 6 months Baby from inside Canada .

Timelines

Application submitted: 20 Feb
Application recd:20 March
AOR-21ST March
Medical request:22 March
Medical done-26 March
Medical test recd:6 th April

I want my baby to come with my spouse by 1st week of May to Canada. What do all think when the PPR can come assuming already medical done and the file is processed from Canada office itself?

Should I apply for a visitor visa for the baby? Please suggest?

Thanks all

In my case, medical done in the first week of february and after more than two months now i have received pre arrival services letter and still waiting for final decision and passport stamping request.

So in ur case as medical received 6th april so it will take some time i think.

Best of luck

ManiNeela

Feb 22, 2016
Where do you guys see the "application transferred" status? I haven't got any update after medicals being passed on March 16, 2019.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi,

quick question on Right of Permanent Residency Fee. do we have to pay for this even if they are already included in my application as spouse sponsorship.