Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
Here is the inland PR timeline for my child.

Submitted sponsorship application : 25-Dec-2018
Received AOR : 28-Jan-2019
Medical Requested : 29-Mar-2019 , Submitted : 29-Mar-2019
Eligibility Decision Made/SA : 30-Mar-2019
Application Transferred to Missisauga office for further processing : 4-Apr--2019

Reactions: Diana M

Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
Hello guys i need help regarding the forms to use for my daughter sponsorship. Also do I need a Consent letter from The mother as we are divorced. She is already listed on my Landed documents and did medical back home during my application.
Also the documents I have to add as a sponsor
I will appreciate your help
Thanks
you would need consent from the other parent or proof of sole custody.Good luck!

24brennerbay

Apr 22, 2019
Hello,

I am sponsoring my dependent child from the Philippines. I am a Canadian citizen and my dependant's mom, who is now married, to another guy is not coming with him, is there any one who is in the same situation as mine?

Application sent: December 30, 2018
Application forwarded to the visa office in Manila: March 15, 2019

Any idea on how long the processing is in the Manila office for the same situation as mine?
Any other documents I need to secure (not mentioned in the application checklist) to get him to Canada such as DSWD clearance?
What are the consequences if I get him a tourist Visa while waiting for the result of my application?

Thank you guys in advance, it is really appreciated.

Gian

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
Hello,

I am sponsoring my dependent child from the Philippines. I am a Canadian citizen and my dependant's mom, who is now married, to another guy is not coming with him, is there any one who is in the same situation as mine?

Application sent: December 30, 2018
Application forwarded to the visa office in Manila: March 15, 2019

Any idea on how long the processing is in the Manila office for the same situation as mine?
Any other documents I need to secure (not mentioned in the application checklist) to get him to Canada such as DSWD clearance?
What are the consequences if I get him a tourist Visa while waiting for the result of my application?

Thank you guys in advance, it is really appreciated.

Gian
Hi, we almost have the same situation here. Biological mom is not coming with my son here. Dswd travel clearance is ready before we even started our application and included a copy of it as supporting docs in the app.

File was transferred to Manila VO on Feb. 27th/2019 and still waiting for PPR now. Planning to get him a tourist visa too by this week.

Reactions: 24brennerbay

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Hi, we almost have the same situation here. Biological mom is not coming with my son here. Dswd travel clearance is ready before we even started our application and included a copy of it as supporting docs in the app.

File was transferred to Manila VO on Feb. 27th/2019 and still waiting for PPR now. Planning to get him a tourist visa too by this week.
No PPR yet still
That's strange. Any BGC started at all? Did my son's medicals today and will be sending AD tomorrow. They requested for medical records and prove that I travelled back to my home town

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
No PPR yet still
That's strange. Any BGC started at all? Did my son's medicals today and will be sending AD tomorrow. They requested for medical records and prove that I travelled back to my home town
Nope, no update at all since medical passed. We would really need to get the child here by June coz travel clearance (for original country requirements) is expiring on July and we don't wanna deal all over again to get the signature of his biological mom. So yeah, hoping really it would work out fine. #fingerscrossed

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Nope, no update at all since medical passed. We would really need to get the child here by June coz travel clearance (for original country requirements) is expiring on July and we don't wanna deal all over again to get the signature of his biological mom. So yeah, hoping really it would work out fine. #fingerscrossed
Wow. Please remind me his age again? Why do these people take time in making a decision. I guess back ground check doesn't apply to him?

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
Wow. Please remind me his age again? Why do these people take time in making a decision. I guess back ground check doesn't apply to him?
Hopefully not. He's 13 y.o.. I'll just apply for a visit visa for him just to be sure. Yours was already transferred to your local VO, right? I think the local VO is where the delays are coming from.

Ombas

Apr 2, 2019
Hopefully not. He's 13 y.o.. I'll just apply for a visit visa for him just to be sure. Yours was already transferred to your local VO, right? I think the local VO is where the delays are coming from.
You can also try to apply for a study permit for him. First get an admission letter from a school

Reactions: mjrjawel

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
I have my son to get a visitors visa while waiting and he was approved at that time he was 9, continued the process here and got approved
just have to extend his visitors visa during that time

Reactions: mjrjawel

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for all the advice guys! Surely help me have a lot of options for his application here. Really appreciate to have this group.

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
I have my son to get a visitors visa while waiting and he was approved at that time he was 9, continued the process here and got approved
just have to extend his visitors visa during that time
May I know the duration (weeks or months) of his visitors visa app? Thanks!

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
You can also try to apply for a study permit for him. First get an admission letter from a school
Thank you! I didn't have any idea that he could actually apply for student visa coz I thought it's only for post secondary. Many thanks!

24brennerbay

Apr 22, 2019

My question is, what would be the implication if I get my son a visitors visa while waiting for his permanent visa?

If the permanent visa gets approved while he is in Canada, does he need to go to the Philippines (for PDOS,etc) and come back again to Canada?

Do you know if this would negatively affect his application for the permanent visa?

Many thanks in advance for your help...

Ombas

Apr 2, 2019
Thank you! I didn't have any idea that he could actually apply for student visa coz I thought it's only for post secondary. Many thanks!
You can find out more on cic website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=476&top=15

"Canada offers many choices of schools for international students. These include primary and secondary schools, post secondary institutions (i.e. colleges and universities) private career /vocational schools, and language schools. Find more information on choosing a school.

Once you have chosen a school, you will need to make sure it is on the designated learning institution list. This list names the schools in Canada that are approved to accept international students. A study permit can only be issued to someone who has been accepted to study at a designated learning institution
."