+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello guys.

I hope you all are doing well and waiting for the next step in respective applications.

Kids sponsorship application timeline:
Application send - Nov 14th 2018.
Received - Nov 20th 2018
AOR - Jan 20th 2019
Sponsor approval - Feb 7th 2019
Medical request - Feb 8th 2019
File send to Local VO - Feb 14th 2019
Medical Passed
Processing starts at VO - Feb 19th 2019

Tried linking application to online account but always getting error and today Apr 5th i finally linked the application successfully

No Info after that or no communication

I would like to know that the processing time of 8-9 months counts from the day CIC receive the application or from AOR date.
When should i expect the request of submitting the passports as my wife has to come in june, otherwise she won't be able to complete 2 yrs in canada to get her PR renew

Should i apply for visitor visa for my kids so that they can come here if we will not get any update till april end.

Thanks

Egrant

Jan 18, 2019
Hi I applied for inland spousal sponsorship and included my kids as accompanying but they are outside of Canada I have received landing appointment when will my kids get the request for passport thank you

mjrjawel

Feb 13, 2019
Hello guys.

I hope you all are doing well and waiting for the next step in respective applications.

Received - Nov 20th 2018
AOR - Jan 20th 2019
Medical Passed

Tried linking application to online account but always getting error and today Apr 5th i finally linked the application successfully

I would like to know that the processing time of 8-9 months counts from the day CIC receive the application or from AOR date.
When should i expect the request of submitting the passports as my wife has to come in june, otherwise she won't be able to complete 2 yrs in canada to get her PR renew

Should i apply for visitor visa for my kids so that they can come here if we will not get any update till april end.

Thanks
I have the same case and timeline with you!
We're planning to get my son by June this year. And am starting to worry now that there still has no update so I am thinking of just getting a visitor visa for him if I don't get a response by end of April. Does anyone know how long it would take to process the visit visa? Thanks

Crise CG

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga /Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28OCT2016
Doc's Request.
08FEB2017
AOR Received.
31OCT2016
File Transfer...
17NOV2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT..Passed / background check IP 9March2017
Passport Req..
13MARCH2017 Glory to God.Submitted: 20MARCH2017
VISA ISSUED...
23MARCH2017
LANDED..........
MAY2017
Over 10 months and got an update for my now 18yr old son:
Background check -----We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

For my 8 year old son:
decision Made, but no further details.

Praying in few days they will email me PPR..

Last edited:
Reactions: Diana M

Crise CG

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga /Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28OCT2016
Doc's Request.
08FEB2017
AOR Received.
31OCT2016
File Transfer...
17NOV2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT..Passed / background check IP 9March2017
Passport Req..
13MARCH2017 Glory to God.Submitted: 20MARCH2017
VISA ISSUED...
23MARCH2017
LANDED..........
MAY2017
PPR for my 2 kids, just now. Glory to God.

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello guys i need help regarding the forms to use for my daughter sponsorship. Also do I need a Consent letter from The mother as we are divorced. She is already listed on my Landed documents and did medical back home during my application.
Also the documents I have to add as a sponsor
I will appreciate your help
Thanks

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hello guys i need help regarding the forms to use for my daughter sponsorship. Also do I need a Consent letter from The mother as we are divorced. She is already listed on my Landed documents and did medical back home during my application.
Also the documents I have to add as a sponsor
I will appreciate your help
Thanks
Hi,

There is a form that the mother must complete to prove that she's ok with the child moving in Canada. You can find all the forms/documents on Canada.ca site (some are different depending on the country where the applicant is living).

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Forumers,

Just wondering how you guys linked your dependent child application i got this

Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded
any idea on how to linked my application
Thank you in advance

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
Dear All,

I have applied for Child dependent PR sponsorship for 6 months Baby from inside Canada .

Timelines

Application submitted: 20 Feb
Application recd:20 March
AOR-21ST March
Medical request:22 March
Medical done-26 March
Medical test recd:6 th April

I want my baby to come with my spouse by 1st week of May to Canada. What do all think when the PPR can come assuming already medical done and the file is processed from Canada office itself?

Should I apply for a visitor visa for the baby? Please suggest?

Thanks all

s.jagjit

Jul 18, 2016
Hello guys.

Received - Nov 20th 2018
AOR - Jan 20th 2019
Medical Passed

Thanks
My case is similar to you