+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2017 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Surprsingly I have received a letter called Pre-arrival services from CIC for my son, - although there is no update on my application after Medical :) - its been total 10 month now .. planning to submit inquiry through webform or call - what is bette way to contact these guys
I hope you have positive news soon. I received the medical request for my daughter only yesterday. She is only 11 months old. I guess I am in for a long wait. How old is your son? And would age really make a difference in processing times. I was hoping that it would be quicker for a minor as the background checks and police verification shouldnt take time.

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
I hope you have positive news soon. I received the medical request for my daughter only yesterday. She is only 11 months old. I guess I am in for a long wait. How old is your son? And would age really make a difference in processing times. I was hoping that it would be quicker for a minor as the background checks and police verification shouldnt take time.
My application was completed only 3.5 months from having my medical done. I'm 22, so you would think it to take more time for my background check.cI really hope it's the same for you!

Reactions: tozach

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
My application was completed only 3.5 months from having my medical done. I'm 22, so you would think it to take more time for my background check.cI really hope it's the same for you!
That is promising. Thanks!

It depends on the visa processing office too. New Delhi visa office processes a huge number of applications and take longer times. Fingers crossed

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
Hi Everyone ,

After a short landing in 2015, I moved to Canada for good in May 2018 and rest of my family is planning to move in July 2018.
I have a US born (2016) daughter. I assume bringing her to Canada on US passport will not be an issue but for safety I'm trying to file PR application before her arrival date. Since i have got only two pay checks , will it be possible to become a sponsor(One of the form its asking for 12 months net salary preceding to application date). I would appreciate your suggestion on my situation for child sponsor. Is there any alternate possible way ?

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Yesterday i recieved letter to send passport to Ottawa. so i think process is almost finished and it took exactly 10 months and my son is 2 year old. Age doesn;t matter, they take their time

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi Everyone ,

After a short landing in 2015, I moved to Canada for good in May 2018 and rest of my family is planning to move in July 2018.
I have a US born (2016) daughter. I assume bringing her to Canada on US passport will not be an issue but for safety I'm trying to file PR application before her arrival date. Since i have got only two pay checks , will it be possible to become a sponsor(One of the form its asking for 12 months net salary preceding to application date). I would appreciate your suggestion on my situation for child sponsor. Is there any alternate possible way ?
You can file the application. I was in a similar situation. I included a letter of explanation and converted my last years income to Canadian Dollars (CAD) for the question. Of course, the sum wasnt considerable given that my earnings were in India. But that should not affect your application for sponsorship. I landed in April 2018 and filed the application was filed in the first week of May. I received the AOR and medical request last week.

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
You can file the application. I was in a similar situation. I included a letter of explanation and converted my last years income to Canadian Dollars (CAD) for the question. Of course, the sum wasnt considerable given that my earnings were in India. But that should not affect your application for sponsorship. I landed in April 2018 and filed the application was filed in the first week of May. I received the AOR and medical request last week.
Wow !! This is really motivating .Thanks for your reply.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Yesterday i recieved letter to send passport to Ottawa. so i think process is almost finished and it took exactly 10 months and my son is 2 year old. Age doesn;t matter, they take their time
Congrats Jailika.
All the best for the COPR and the rest of the landing process.
I'd suggest, keep a check on the myCIC account status. As soon as it shows the COPR delivered, call up the IRCC call center and enquire about the InLand landing appointment. (That's if you want to save a trip to the border.). Else, plan a vacation and Enjoy :) ...

Reactions: jailika

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Congrats Jailika.
All the best for the COPR and the rest of the landing process.
I'd suggest, keep a check on the myCIC account status. As soon as it shows the COPR delivered, call up the IRCC call center and enquire about the InLand landing appointment. (That's if you want to save a trip to the border.). Else, plan a vacation and Enjoy :) ...
Thanks a lot.
We are planning for US trip, but still figuring out - will US embassy will give visa to my son without his PR ?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thanks a lot.
We are planning for US trip, but still figuring out - will US embassy will give visa to my son without his PR ?
US Visa doesnt care about your PR status. If you have a valid status now, that should be it. But they would require the Passport to be sent to them, right ?

Reactions: jailika

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
US Visa doesnt care about your PR status. If you have a valid status now, that should be it. But they would require the Passport to be sent to them, right ?
Yes i have sent Passport to Ottawa, after that i will take appointment for us visa and if everything goes well, then its good

Newbie101

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
AOR Received.
06/11/17
File Transfer...
19/03/2018
Med's Request
07/03/2018
Med's Done....
14/03/2018
Hi congrats on your app. When you say completed 3.5 months after medical does
Hi congrats on your app. When you say completed 3.5 months after medical does that include receiving back passport or just up to the ppr?

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
Hi congrats on your app. When you say completed 3.5 months after medical does

Hi congrats on your app. When you say completed 3.5 months after medical does that include receiving back passport or just up to the ppr?
That was for PPR, but I got my COPR in the mail within 2 weeks after that!

Reactions: Newbie101

Newbie101

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
AOR Received.
06/11/17
File Transfer...
19/03/2018
Med's Request
07/03/2018
Med's Done....
14/03/2018
That was for PPR, but I got my COPR in the mail within 2 weeks after that!
Thank you I'm hoping mine will be as soon as yours.

patient

Jul 26, 2013
Hi everyone! My child is 22 years old and his Ecas changed to "in process"from medical resultshave been received. Is it a good sign? His application for pr was received Nov. 22, 2017. And my ecas says, "Decision Made" and "In Process" Please help me to understand. Hoping this is good news.
Thank you.