No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
fsarosh said:

Hi, I have landed here one month back and i would very strongly recommend all those having families with them to delay the arrival of their families as long as they can. Although, I also believes that Allah gives you “Rizq” but Allah also told us to use your brain and carefully analyse the situations.

It would not be an easy task to settle down here with the family and you will not only spend too much money but on the other hand, your family will suffer too much because of that disturbances. Let me give you a brief of some of the “must have” expenses against which, there is no way out. Here, I am assuming that you will settle in Toronto and have a wife and 2 kids. Now, I am providing you the summary of that expenses:

1- Rent (the cheapest option is a one bedroom basement which comes around 750 per month and the landlord takes 2 months advance rent) $ 750. Apartments are available in $ 1000 and above, houses are even more expensive.

2- Medical Insurance for the whole family because the province of Ontario doesn't gives you the free government medical facility for the first three months so roughly, the per month cost for you 4 people would be at least $ 400 per month. If someone thinks that there is no need to have a medical insurance and it's just a matter of 3 months then remember this point that even if you have light cough or fever and you visits the doctor, he would charge at least $ 100 and medicines are not included in it so add $ 400 in the monthly expense for the medical insurance.

3- One double bed (obviously, you cannot sleep on the floor) will cost at least $ 300 and add $ 100 for the mattresses so this makes a total of $ 400.

4- Microwave oven $ 150

5- Grocery $ 200 (would be expensive for the first time because you will have to buy everything from zero)

6- Cooking Utensils $ 200 (remember, you cannot bring everything from Pakistan)

7- Transportation $400 for the whole family in a single month assuming that you will only use bus and underground trains and “no taxi”.

8- If you buy a car, its good but before buying the car, spare at least $ 800 for the driving license process. If someone think he will be able to drive on the basis of an international driving license from Pakistan he can do so but the traffic rules here very strict and you can only know the rules fully if you get a local license. Also, in the initials months/years, you will have to pay a very heavy amount in insurance because here, they will treat you as a new driver no matter if you show your previous license and an insurance letter from Pakistan. It would only facilitate the licensing process but the insurance company will not make any compromise.

9- Winter jackets, $ 300 for the family (here, I have selected the cheapest available prices). Those people who thinks that the winter clothing from Pakistan would be sufficient (or there is another category of people in Pakistan who thinks that the Pakistani leather jackets is a solution of every kind of winter) please think again. It would not even protect you 10% and the Pakistani leather jackets are one of the worst in designing and quality and one can easily point out that cheap product.

Finally, I want to add some points here. First, I don't want to start a debate on this with anyone. This is my point of view based on “real facts” but my intention is not to make anyone scared or upset. The very reason behind this is to caution those who are planning their landings. One can try his luck if he want. My duty was to alert you. Landing with the family is a very big adventure and if anyone wants to enjoy this adventure all i can say is “best of luck”.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
fsarosh said:

Hi, I have landed here one month back and i would very strongly recommend all those having families with them to delay the arrival of their families as long as they can. Although, I also believes that Allah gives you “Rizq” but Allah also told us to use your brain and carefully analyse the situations.

It would not be an easy task to settle down here with the family and you will not only spend too much money but on the other hand, your family will suffer too much because of that disturbances. Let me give you a brief of some of the “must have” expenses against which, there is no way out. Here, I am assuming that you will settle in Toronto and have a wife and 2 kids. Now, I am providing you the summary of that expenses:

1- Rent (the cheapest option is a one bedroom basement which comes around 750 per month and the landlord takes 2 months advance rent) $ 750. Apartments are available in $ 1000 and above, houses are even more expensive.

2- Medical Insurance for the whole family because the province of Ontario doesn't gives you the free government medical facility for the first three months so roughly, the per month cost for you 4 people would be at least $ 400 per month. If someone thinks that there is no need to have a medical insurance and it's just a matter of 3 months then remember this point that even if you have light cough or fever and you visits the doctor, he would charge at least $ 100 and medicines are not included in it so add $ 400 in the monthly expense for the medical insurance.

3- One double bed (obviously, you cannot sleep on the floor) will cost at least $ 300 and add $ 100 for the mattresses so this makes a total of $ 400.

4- Microwave oven $ 150

5- Grocery $ 200 (would be expensive for the first time because you will have to buy everything from zero)

6- Cooking Utensils $ 200 (remember, you cannot bring everything from Pakistan)

7- Transportation $400 for the whole family in a single month assuming that you will only use bus and underground trains and “no taxi”.

8- If you buy a car, its good but before buying the car, spare at least $ 800 for the driving license process. If someone think he will be able to drive on the basis of an international driving license from Pakistan he can do so but the traffic rules here very strict and you can only know the rules fully if you get a local license. Also, in the initials months/years, you will have to pay a very heavy amount in insurance because here, they will treat you as a new driver no matter if you show your previous license and an insurance letter from Pakistan. It would only facilitate the licensing process but the insurance company will not make any compromise.

9- Winter jackets, $ 300 for the family (here, I have selected the cheapest available prices). Those people who thinks that the winter clothing from Pakistan would be sufficient (or there is another category of people in Pakistan who thinks that the Pakistani leather jackets is a solution of every kind of winter) please think again. It would not even protect you 10% and the Pakistani leather jackets are one of the worst in designing and quality and one can easily point out that cheap product.

Finally, I want to add some points here. First, I don't want to start a debate on this with anyone. This is my point of view based on “real facts” but my intention is not to make anyone scared or upset. The very reason behind this is to caution those who are planning their landings. One can try his luck if he want. My duty was to alert you. Landing with the family is a very big adventure and if anyone wants to enjoy this adventure all i can say is “best of luck”.

Thanks a lot brother for this nice info!

As per CIC instructions everyone must have real POF on landing and if you have +6 months surviving money then I don't find any reason to postpone your family landing and practically no one can save millions as family must join you before Visa expiry...
So it depends case to case that how much time & savings one person have....

Wassalam,
SMSH

sheeno1

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2010
Doc's Request.
APR-2010
Med's Request
24 Dec-13
Passport Req..
10-Feb '14
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar '14
Dear Friends,

I sent my PPR1 documents on 11-2-14 through e-mail only (scan copies), i dont know they received it or not. I have not sent hard copies. What should i do ?

should i send hard copies or
send csi to confirm receipt

Kind Regards

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

First of all I would like to say special Thanks to all for your kind support & appreciation during this process of immigration till now.

I will surely disturb you wherever I need help again for my settlement process. :D

I will not be more active on forum threads as I need to sort out many things after Visa ….however this does not mean that I am totally out!

Insha Allah I will keep the list up-to-date until it is possible for me and will announce if I can't continue the list update but my Only request is to just send me PM (private message) with your updates /questions if I can be helpful for anyone….and ASAP I will give you my feedback with update.

I am also contactable on my Skype ID smsh.canada ;)

I hope you all understand my current situation and will not mind at all since I am not leaving now :)

So who ever is happy with my little participation please click on Good under my name so I will count how many of you like me 8)

Always remember in your prayers….

Wassalam,

SMSH

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

First of all I would like to say special Thanks to all for your kind support & appreciation during this process of immigration till now.

I will surely disturb you wherever I need help again for my settlement process. :D

I will not be more active on forum threads as I need to sort out many things after Visa ....however this does not mean that I am totally out!

Insha Allah I will keep the list up-to-date until it is possible for me and will announce if I can't continue the list update but my Only request is to just send me PM (private message) with your updates /questions if I can be helpful for anyone....and ASAP I will give you my feedback with update.

I hope you all understand my current situation and will not mind at all since I am not leaving now :)

So who ever is happy with my little participation please click on Good under my name so I will count how many of you like me 8)

Always remember in your prayers....

Wassalam,

SMSH
U did exceptionally well, my friend, in keeping the data together. U r truly a stellar (shah rukh khan type) forum member. Your efforts shall always be remembered and appreciated. +1.

sheeno1

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2010
Doc's Request.
APR-2010
Med's Request
24 Dec-13
Passport Req..
10-Feb '14
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar '14
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

I will not be more active on forum threads as I need to sort out many things after Visa ....however this does not mean that I am totally out!

Insha Allah I will keep the list up-to-date until it is possible for me and will announce if I can't continue the list update but my Only request is to just send me PM (private message) with your updates /questions if I can be helpful for anyone....and ASAP I will give you my feedback with update.

Wassalam,

SMSH
Salam to your efforts

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

Wassalam,

SMSH
love you man, you are the best, sure +1 for you now, and i have true respect for you, and a big thank you for keeping up the thread alive with your continuous support and lastly maintaining the great list of yours. god bless you.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

Wassalam,

SMSH
salute to ur sincere efforts for the forum membets, peer gee, wish u good luck. Nekeol

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
sheeno1 said:
Dear Friends,

I sent my PPR1 documents on 11-2-14 through e-mail only (scan copies), i dont know they received it or not. I have not sent hard copies. What should i do ?

Kind Regards
They told u to either mail (regular post office/daak khaana) or courier (DHL, Fedex etc)....They did NOT tell u to e-mail.....so, courier them your ppr1.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
hinakhan said:
Dear Seniors,
It has been more than 6 months since I received my PPR1. Yet waiting for PPR2. I wrote LVO on Monday but so far received no reply. Please share your experience – in how much time you received your PPR2 after PPR1?
Best of luck, Hina
Dear Hina

Drop them email , only universal solution

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SMSH said:
Thanks a lot brother for this nice info!

As per CIC instructions everyone must have real POF on landing and if you have +6 months surviving money then I don't find any reason to postpone your family landing and practically no one can save millions as family must join you before Visa expiry...
So it depends case to case that how much time & savings one person have....

Wassalam,
SMSH
SMSH

You deserve +100000000000000000000000000000 for this
Guru , guru he hota hai

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sheeno1 said:
Dear Friends,

Kind Regards
Dear Sheeno

You MUST courier them HARD COPIES

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

Wassalam,

SMSH
Dear Boss
Best of luck
Clicked "Good"

Stay Blessed

M.P

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Brother,
You were very helpful for many forum members. As Jimmy Page said, you are a stellar (shah rukh khan type).
Just like you many members helped this forum like qurex, saki, staralihaider etc.
So all the very best and pray for us as well.