+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who got AOR in MAY lets network here>>>>>>>>>

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone who got their PPR yesterday! Truly well deserved after this long wait!

I would be grateful for your advice.

I woke up to a message in myCIC this morning.

They're asking for FBI certificates for spouse and myself.

Thing is, when we applied in May, I had submitted our FBI certificates from Dec 2014 (which we'd gotten for our failed FSWP application--returned due to cap limits). There was a lot of confusion then about whether or not those certificates would be valid but I recall reading that PCCs must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to application. We met that condition with our letters from Dec 2014 so I applied, along with an LOE and copies of application details stating that we've sent fingerprints for a fresh clearance in early May (just to be on the safe side).

I got my new FBI letter in July. Spouse's is still pending. No idea what the delay could be.

And now, the letter from this morning. If, CIC's claim that PCCs are valid for 6 months is true, then the letters we submitted at the time of our application should have sufficed, correct?

I've only got 7 days to submit the requested docs.

Do you think I could scan my new letter & attach (again) spouse's copies of fingerptint sheet and application form along with an LOE?

I'm so, so, so nervous and would be grateful for any insight.

Thank you!

rgainza

Aug 14, 2015
Deccan said:
Congratulations to everyone who got their PPR yesterday! Truly well deserved after this long wait!

Thing is, when we applied in May, I had submitted our FBI certificates from Dec 2014 (which we'd gotten for our failed FSWP application--returned due to cap limits). There was a lot of confusion then about whether or not those certificates would be valid but I recall reading that PCCs must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to application. We met that condition with our letters from Dec 2014 so I applied, along with an LOE and copies of application details stating that we've sent fingerprints for a fresh clearance in early May (just to be on the safe side).

I got my new FBI letter in July. Spouse's is still pending. No idea what the delay could be.

And now, the letter from this morning. If, CIC's claim that PCCs are valid for 6 months is true, then the letters we submitted at the time of our application should have sufficed, correct?

Do you think I could scan my new letter & attach (again) spouse's copies of fingerptint sheet and application form along with an LOE?

Thank you!
Deccan, I will provide you my opinion.

I practiced as a lawyer back home and, from that experience as well as from the little or much that I have learned of our fellow VO's, I would do this:

Prepare a pdf that you will initiate with a cover/explanatory letter, in a very polite tone, stating that you send the new certificates (in your case) and any proof that you can provide of the process made to request your wife's; afterwards, and being as delicate as you can, indicate that you are sending as well the ones that you submitted with your initial application understanding that those were still valid given the issuing date and application date (less than 6 months between them). I would finish saying that if they require further proof or documentation to verify the results for your wife, you are doing the necessary follow up actions to speed up the new certificate for your wife but are uncertain about the time that this will require.

After the letter, include the new certificate for you, proof of have processed your wife's and the ones that you originally submitted.

Hope this works for you :) and the best of lucks!

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:

Thank you!
Hang in there Bro, This test of patience will be paid off soon.

Just upload yours with explanation about your wife's Clarence. I am sure they will understand.

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the famous Ghost email this morning after uploading my Schedule A yesterday.

No change in myCIC and ECAS!

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, rgainza, for your valuable advice. Words from an attorney--priceless :)

Thank you, Akhuttan, for your encouragement.

Spouse is going to mail a fresh set of fingerprints to the FBI tomorrow. Will save copies of all that documentation and send as rgainza suggests. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again, folks!

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
I got the famous Ghost email this morning after uploading my Schedule A yesterday.

No change in myCIC and ECAS!
May`er are movin'.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:

Thank you!
Write a LOE explaining that you've only received yours but your spouse's is still pending, however the ones you provided for both of you are still valid as they were less than 6 months at the date of application and provide them again. You shouldn't have applied for a new FBI PCC though because that's what confused them. Our case is quite similar, my UK PCC was obtained in December and I applied in May with the same PCC with no problems.

chipmunk222

Oct 9, 2015
hey also I would like to say big THANK YOU for all the members here. I was a quiet follower, only learnt about the forum after submitting my application. It is so incredibly helpful and amazing source of information. I appreciate the engagement and time people take to reply to questions and concerns.

Good luck to all of you! :)

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its amazing how this whole process of PR has brought so many people from different backgrounds and personalities together.

Humanity still has a chance to survive!

God bless everyone.

"Be Good. Do good. The Devil Wields no power over a good man."
Harry Segall

BabarSiddiqui

Feb 11, 2014
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:

Thank you!
I am also facing same issue but a slight different scenario. CIC have asked for FBI & UAE Clearance from me and my spouse within 60 days. We both didn't stay continuously in any of the mentioned countries for six or more than six months. I talked with CIC call center agent and she advised me to write an explanation letter and upload it. CIC knows the fact that FBI is taking more than 60 days(11-13 weeks and more longer in some cases) for processing. I have already uploaded the explanation letter with all entry and exit stamps and try to justify that the duration is less than six months. I am hoping for positive outcomes.

I will suggest you to call CIC and discuss your situation, sometimes you can get good piece of advice from them.
I will also suggest you to contact FBI and ask them to expedite the process as it is already more than 11 to 13 weeks. Moreover, you can wait for another six days for your spouse's clearance. if you get that all is good otherwise write an explanation letter and add previous and new FBI clearances. I hope you will be fine.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Write a LOE explaining that you've only received yours but your spouse's is still pending, however the ones you provided for both of you are still valid as they were less than 6 months at the date of application and provide them again. You shouldn't have applied for a new FBI PCC though because that's what confused them. Our case is quite similar, my UK PCC was obtained in December and I applied in May with the same PCC with no problems.
I'm kicking myself now for having gone that extra step with a new FBI application.

I'm relieved to know, though, that yours went through, Anya. Thank you for the encouragement!

Just FYI. Ghost email about 20 mins ago. Checked myCIC--background is now in progress.

Gulp.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BabarSiddiqui said:
I am also facing same issue but a slight different scenario. CIC have asked for FBI & UAE Clearance from me and my spouse within 60 days. We both didn't stay continuously in any of the mentioned countries for six or more than six months. I talked with CIC call center agent and she advised me to write an explanation letter and upload it. CIC knows the fact that FBI is taking more than 60 days(11-13 weeks and more longer in some cases) for processing. I have already uploaded the explanation letter with all entry and exit stamps and try to justify that the duration is less than six months. I am hoping for positive outcomes.

I will suggest you to call CIC and discuss your situation, sometimes you can get good piece of advice from them.
I will also suggest you to contact FBI and ask them to expedite the process as it is already more than 11 to 13 weeks. Moreover, you can wait for another six days for your spouse's clearance. if you get that all is good otherwise write an explanation letter and add previous and new FBI clearances. I hope you will be fine.
Thank you for the advice, BabarSiddiqui! As tempted as I am to upload everything right away with an LOE drawing their attention to the validity of the certs at the time of application, it's wise to wait the week out and see if we get spouse's new certificate.

I should probably take the week off from work since I am at negative productivity :)

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
PPR - Oct 13 :)

Got to send an e-mail for change of VO...
Does anyone know the number where it can be faxed? Thank you guys. It's a BIG moment. Praying for the best for all of us here.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
PPR - Oct 13 :)

Got to send an e-mail for change of VO...
Does anyone know the number where it can be faxed? Thank you guys. It's BIG moment. Praying for the best for all of us here.
what was your CRS? thanks!