+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THOSE WHO DONE RE-MEDICALS PLEASE RESPOND

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
I have a few questions regarding re-medicals i.e. being asked to do medicals again if there is a problem with the first medicals.

1) Is it mandatory (ie CHC specifically asks the applicant) to go to the same DMP where you took your medicals the first time? Or can you go to any other DMP should a second medical or further test be required?

2) Suppose there is a problem with the medicals of one applicant out of a family...... will all the family have to do medicals again?

3) The applicant who has a problem with the medical..... will he/she be required to do the whole/all medical tests again ...... or only the tests which show some problem?

4) Keeping the above point (3 ) in view will the applicant who has been asked to do medicals again have to pay the entire medical fee again or only for the particular medical test to be done which show some problem?

Those applicants who have done medicals again or been referred for further medical tests are requested to kindly share their experience.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Unless CIC actually instructs you to go to the same DMP as for the first medical exam (which I've never heard of happening before), then no, you don't need to go to the same DMP.

No, not all applicants would have to redo the medical if only one applicant was asked to redo it.

I'm guessing you'd have to do the whole medical exam (though not sure about that, but I think it's an all or nothing kind of thing). What the DMP will charge you though is up to them. I'd think they can't charge you for something they don't do, so if they only do a portion of the exam, they could only charge you for that - so if for example they only redid the x-rays, they could only charge you for taking the x-ray. But, again, that would depend on the DMP.

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
singh123 said:
1) Is it mandatory (ie CHC specifically asks the applicant) to go to the same DMP where you took your medicals the first time? Or can you go to any other DMP should a second medical or further test be required?
No. Since I got my medicals done well in advance, it expired during the processing of my application and I had to re-do. The first medicals were done in my country of birth and the second medicals were done in Canada.

And a friend of mine, from the same country I am from, had a problem with her medicals (one exam was missing), so the Visa Office sent her a letter stating that she should go back to the same DMP and get the missing exam done, but the first medicals were done in Brazil and she was already in Canada. She went to a DMP here in Canada and had to do all over again, not only the exam that was missing.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
mitamata said:
I'm guessing you'd have to do the whole medical exam (though not sure about that, but I think it's an all or nothing kind of thing). What the DMP will charge you though is up to them. I'd think they can't charge you for something they don't do, so if they only do a portion of the exam, they could only charge you for that - so if for example they only redid the x-rays, they could only charge you for taking the x-ray. But, again, that would depend on the DMP.
yes, it should be complete medical again, as far as I know, and the charge will be the same is it's done at the same DMP office/country.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
singh123 said:
I have a few questions regarding re-medicals i.e. being asked to do medicals again if there is a problem with the first medicals.

All designated MP's you can visit if a re medical is required....generally if there is medical furthering then specific doctors made be requested...as my husband was requested to do medical furthering and he was to take the envelope to the DMP whom assed him the first time...

2) Suppose there is a problem with the medicals of one applicant out of a family...... will all the family have to do medicals again?

As long as they are not expired ...then only the medical which needed medical furthering would have to complete required task set forth by CIC in a set time...thus after completion and the doctor resposible sending his reports stating the PR resident completed there furthering.....other non accompaning and accompaning dependent childrens medicals are fine then they wont have to redo...unless the medical furthering the one applicatant had to do caused the medicals to expire in 1 years time ...then yes they all would have to redo !!!

3) The applicant who has a problem with the medical..... will he/she be required to do the whole/all medical tests again ...... or only the tests which show some problem?

What ever the situation is regarding the furthering that CIC requested ...they will specifically order you to complete over the inital test again which ever had the problem...then the doctor whom is assessing will order what ever is necessary treatment...once the PR applicant has complied then the doctor sends CIC the assessment and treatment varification....
4) Keeping the above point (3 ) in view will the applicant who has been asked to do medicals again have to pay the entire medical fee again or only for the particular medical test to be done which show some problem?

Depends like stated up above it depends what CIC says if it is clearly a expired med then yes you will have to re do the enite medical along with any other PR applicant on the file Accompaning or non accompaning whoms medical expired.....Furthering is a diffrent story...CIC has detecedprobelm in the medical.....Because we are exempt from ...Exessive demand but not exempt from a danger to the public health....
So anything that could cause a public threat to canada ...like TB,STD ect ect... has to be adressed and treated....so specific test will be required to re test and confirm ...then the doctor will order treatment for the PR applicant....I do belive when these types of the things happen thing do draw out generally expiring ones medical thus making them pay the fees again for full medical....i would probally assume people facing longer wait times would definatly face this...I know because all of this happened to me.

Those applicants who have done medicals again or been referred for further medical tests are requested to kindly share their experience.

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Can you redo the medical exam before it expires? Or wait for CIC to inform you that it needs to be redone?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
NO you cannot this is standard CIC proceedure....although i have seen people come out of the wood works and claim you can .....but i can speak for CIC that is it up to your IO when and where the final redo of medicals will take place.....If they expire you embassy whom you are dealing with will inform you if medicals will have to be redone....Specific forms will have to be sent to the applicant applying for perminate residency to canada.

I speak from expirience!!!....Went through all the hoops just recently

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, actualy in some embassy , it is ok to redo the medical by your own without waiting any notice from the embassy when your medical is about to expire and in order to gain time. that what I did, I redo the medical and sent it to Damscus...by doing so I gained some time.

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
I'm applied inland. Does anyone have any experience redoing medicals without notice from CIC while applying inland?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Rorita

Yah i am framiliar with other embassies allowing...like i said people that have came out from the wood works telling this...so there must be some truth to it....but then there is me whom couldn't redo until they told me i could...that is my expirience...and depending on the amount of people on the application ...i am sure unless i was giving the okay ...which i inquired and was told no i couldnt...the amount of medicals we had to do i was not going to throw out 500 hundred canadian dollars downs the drain...and believe me when i say all accompaning and non accompaning person on file will have to redo there medical......CIC stipulation....in order to grant PR..once again this happened to me....i have 2 non acompaning children on file and there meds expired and they also were made to redo!!!!

It definatly nothing written in stone.....but enquire b4 you do it...oviously people and IO do not follow rules 100% and a select few do manage to sneak through..

That is the point of this sight..people like myself and Rorita 2 diffrent siuations.......share our expiriences

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
lonelycanadianwifey , waouuu even if your children won't come to Canada, they have to do the medical exam..??? why? it is wast of money...

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Rorita ......Its true yes.....It is written in black and white right on the CIC websight...i have been asking this question for months and months and alot of people could not answer it.....But the day it came in the mail for everyone to redo i investigated it....and there it was here is the link read away...

I couldnt belive it :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

There you have it cannot pass a medical that is expired .....so order for spouse to get PR all non accompaning has to redo as well .....has to pass and have a VALID medical (no older than 12 months) in order for PR applicant to get granted PR :mad:

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
extremly weird...this my only comment... :mad:

MVK

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Med's Request
27-07-2010
Interview........
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
27-07-2010
Hi Everyone,

My Husband was asked to re-do his medical exam following his interview in Brazil a few weeks ago. He went this past Friday to another city that has a DMP, but there was not enough time to complete the examination (i.e. x-rays and blood tests) - apparently he has to go to a different office to complete these, but they were closed. Does anyone know if getting these exams done is time sensitive once you've started the process? What I mean is... If he needs to wait another two or three weeks before he can return to the city where there is a DMP to complete the rest of the requirements, will there be a problem?

Also, does anyone have any knowledge on how long these tests take to be reviewed and results sent to the consulate? The office in Sao Paulo is holding his passport until all of this is done, and I just want it to go fast... The waiting has been miserable!

Thanks in advance,

MVK