+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Applied on 0ctober for Jan 2020 intake gather here......

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
hi
i am applying for my niece under SDS
course early childhood education in mohawk college jan 2020 intake

My question is do we need to write SOP, or reference letter

we never filed income tax when contacted to CA office he said we can file only for one year as per new rules
visa office need 2 years tax i think

please answer who applied under sds

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
Non sds
10th 66%
12th 67%
Bca 89% completed in 2018
Applied for PG diploma course
IELTS 6.5 no less 6
Applied on 21st October (offline)
Got this message today.. Wish i'll have my passport with visa Stamp on it as soon as possible

why did not you apply under SDS

Mohsan02

Oct 15, 2019
i forgot to take sign from my father for the forwarding latter and submitted the papers two days back already to the embassy, will there be any problem for missing the sign?

Meet577

Nov 4, 2019
Hello guys!

I've noticed 99% of visa refusal is because the SOP isn't good or convincing enough, so I'm sharing with you a guide on how to make a good SOP:
  • Introduction: Applicant's background and brief family description
  • Educational background and working experience
  • Interest in the field chosen and reason to study abroad
  • Immediate and long term goals
  • Reasons for deciding to pursue education in Canada and at a particular institution
  • Who will support your studies financially, your relationship to them and reason
  • Ties you have to your home country as your reason to comeback
  • Benefit of Canadian diploma or certificate in your future career
It should be in a letter format addressed to the visa officer. At least 2-3 pages, it must be direct to the point, objective and factual SOP.

HELPFUL TIPS:
  • Include at least 10 job prospects (just search online and print screen) with your application to assure the VO that you have lots of job opportunities in your home country once you go back and it must be related to the program that you have chosen to study in Canada.
  • Never mention or hint in your SOP that you'll be staying in Canada after your study or seek employment there even if you're planning to do so. You have to convince the VO that your sole purpose of going to Canada is to just study.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :)
Visa filled on 18th October 2019
Refusal on 31th October 2019

What to do if im unable to show any financial ties in the home country? I have filled visa under SDS so i have paid 1yr tution fee and GIC but my visa got rejected bcz of the purpose of visit that i will not return to home country and 2nd reason is your proposed studies is not reasonable in the light of 6-7 reasons (generic rejection)
Any advice what to do if I cannot show financal ties or is it even necessary under SDS?

Last edited:

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Visa filled on 18th October 2019
Refusal on 31th October 2019

What to do if im unable to show any financial ties in the home country? I have filled visa under SDS so i have paid 1yr tution fee and GIC but my visa got rejected bcz of the purpose of visit that i will not return to home country and 2nd reason is your proposed studies is not reasonable in the light of 6-7 reasons (generic rejection)
Any advice what to do if I cannot show financal ties or is it even necessary under SDS?
It is important to prove to the VO that you have reasons to come back to your country and being financially capable to support your studies is one of them. if you have businesses or properties in your home country, you can include those in the application. If you also have your families back home you can use that as a reason for coming back.

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
Hey

Can u please tell how to know that i have passed medical exam
It should say "Medical test passed - (date)" in your CIC portal among all the updates. Please note that there will be no mails sent to your CIC account or your personal e-mail for passing your medical exam.

vraram

Nov 11, 2019
I applied on 23rd October, Non -SDS profile .
Medicals were done prior on the 14th.
Updated on the 30thOctober.
I got Passport request and biometrics confirmation letter on the 1st November.
I had a GIC
-Foreign currency DD for tuition fees.
Other proof of funds included.
-Letter of Support from parents.
-Statement for last 8 months.
-My personal Bank statement for last 8 months.

Total number of working days for passport request was 8 Days.

Narayan.sampath

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
guys who are going for jan 2020 can anyone help me finding cheaper places to rent rooms to stay? or any advice on where to look or suggestions would be very helpful.