+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This is my interview letter

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks a lot.
I don’t see anywhere on their website. All I can find there is this:

Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.
The requirement of the inland spousal app is that both sponsor and applicant reside within Canada for processing. As already stated, short trips are typically acceptable assuming you meet admissibility requirements when you re-enter Canada.

The reason you're not finding anything concrete on the site is because it is up to the officer to determine what constitutes too long outside of Canada. In the past it seems that anything over 3 ish weeks has been problematic.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The requirement of the inland spousal app is that both sponsor and applicant reside within Canada for processing. As already stated, short trips are typically acceptable assuming you meet admissibility requirements when you re-enter Canada.

The reason you're not finding anything concrete on the site is because it is up to the officer to determine what constitutes too long outside of Canada. In the past it seems that anything over 3 ish weeks has been problematic.
Could you please provide any link where it has been Problematic ?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Yes thats a relationship interview letter. No they dont always state relationship interview on the letter, they didnt with mine.
They ask you to bring you and your partner as he/she might need be interviewed...... may be not maybe.

Reactions: schweisy

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
And we were both interviewed my husband and I.
He got the long interview and they called me in and did a short interview
Yes the questions were the same but they asked him many more questions than me.

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I already searched but I didn’t find anything
Dont panic. You will be fine, as long as you are truthful to them. Do not lie. And if you are not sure of the answer the question they are asking, do not guess. Tell them you do not know.
They asking for both of you to be there so they can cross question you.
Just relax and keep your calm.

Reactions: tiarachel85

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im sorry if i hurt someone’s feelings but my point was just simple and clear just be ready for anything maybe relationship interview or just interview you have to be prepared and if you are satisfied whatever u said in application you will be ok and ready for everything.
Thanks and apologize if they get hurt with my words
Any update for you ?

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I already searched but I didn’t find anything
yeah, i think reading the contents of letter, it seems like interview where they gonna ask you some questions regarding your relationship, so consider it kind of relationship interview.i And, prepare well. Sometimes, we have seen they do telephonic relationship interview even ,so CIC cannot be considered very reliable in terms of how are they approaching you like in your case (their language). Also, We hired lawyer and he told us not to go for long trip in case we want to leave country while our application was in process. He told us max 3 weeks. But I think, it also does matter at what point of application you left the country and your reason for trip. If you can give reason it was something urgent, that couldn't wait . I don't recommend you to lie, just be honest and explain it in best possible way and they are also after all human, who have sound mind and capable of understanding.So, you will be fine. I can just wish you all the best. Blessings.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah, i think reading the contents of letter, it seems like interview where they gonna ask you some questions regarding your relationship, so consider it kind of relationship interview.i And, prepare well. Sometimes, we have seen they do telephonic relationship interview even ,so CIC cannot be considered very reliable in terms of how are they approaching you like in your case (their language). Also, We hired lawyer and he told us not to go for long trip in case we want to leave country while our application was in process. He told us max 3 weeks. But I think, it also does matter at what point of application you left the country and your reason for trip. If you can give reason it was something urgent, that couldn't wait . I don't recommend you to lie, just be honest and explain it in best possible way and they are also after all human, who have sound mind and capable of understanding.So, you will be fine. I can just wish you all the best. Blessings.
Thanks so much. Really kind of you

Good luck to you too

Reactions: KBsandhu