28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can anyone please help me understand?
Your question has already been answered by several members. If you don't agree with these answers or aren't satisfied by them - you are best off hiring a lawyer to help you at this point. You aren't getting responses because people here have no further information to provide.

As you have been repeatedly told, it's a relationship interview. This is quite clear from the evidence you have been asked to bring. Applications are sent to the local office when IRCC has concerns about your relationship. In the days you have remaining before the interview, you should focus on collecting what they have requested - plus anything additional you have to show your relationship is genuine.

It's quite clear your sponsor must attend ('Please ensure that your respondent comes to the interview '). 'Ensure' = 'must'. IRCC may or may not interview your partner - but your partner must come and be available to be interviewed. IRCC may decide they want to compare your responses. Sometime they do this as part of assessing if the relationship is genuine.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your question has already been answered by several members. If you don't agree with these answers or aren't satisfied by them - you are best off hiring a lawyer to help you at this point. You aren't getting responses because people here have no further information to provide.

As you have been repeatedly told, it's a relationship interview. This is quite clear from the evidence you have been asked to bring. Applications are sent to the local office when IRCC has concerns about your relationship. In the days you have remaining before the interview, you should focus on collecting what they have requested - plus anything additional you have to show your relationship is genuine.

It's quite clear your sponsor must attend ('Please ensure that your respondent comes to the interview '). 'Ensure' = 'must'. IRCC may or may not interview your partner - but your partner must come and be available to be interviewed. IRCC may decide they want to compare your responses. Sometime they do this as part of assessing if the relationship is genuine.
THAnks a lot for your detailed reply.

I understand that it’s must to bring sponsor.

But what confusing me is the Language of the letter.

Whatever research I did on this forum, people who have been asked to attend relationship interview were told they & their sponsor BOTH will be interviewed. And not ‘MAYBE’

Also what it means interview for control purposes?
I never heard this line before in any interview letter from ircc

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
THAnks a lot for your detailed reply.

I understand that it’s must to bring sponsor.

But what confusing me is the Language of the letter.

Whatever research I did on this forum, people who have been asked to attend relationship interview were told they & their sponsor BOTH will be interviewed. And not ‘MAYBE’

Also what it means interview for control purposes?
I never heard this line before in any interview letter from ircc
As several others have already pointed out, although you may not like what you're told and are clearly looking for a different answer, this is clearly a relationship interview. Nothing about the letter you received is ambiguous. The language is clear.

I'm not trying to be mean or rude. It's just that you've already gotten the right answer from several well-informed persons, yet you continue to search for an alternative answer.

Reactions: garbimba and np08

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As several others have already pointed out, although you may not like what you're told and are clearly looking for a different answer, this is clearly a relationship interview. Nothing about the letter you received is ambiguous. The language is clear.

I'm not trying to be mean or rude. It's just that you've already gotten the right answer from several well-informed persons, yet you continue to search for an alternative answer.
THANKs for the reply

I never mean to offend anyone. I appreciate people are very helpful here.

But my question still remains unanswered:

What it means ‘interview for control’?

Why they used the word ‘maybe’ when they can clearly mention this is a relationship interview?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THIS IS A TYPICAL RELATIONSHIP INTERVIEW REQUEST THAT PEOPLE GETS:
I found on this forum

Dear applicant:
In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence in Canada, you and the following person are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
Date/Time-******

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:
 This Invitation letter
 Valid passports, identity or travel documents; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other
documents establishing your identity
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being
processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications
attached to this letter to the photographer
 Original driver’s license and Alberta Health Care card from both
 Original marriage certificate and translation if required
 Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been
previously married)
 Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from
any other relationship
 Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary
and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your
bookkeeper or accountant)
 Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 6 months. If either of you are on
social assistance, pay statement from social services
 Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2016 and 2017, including
T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the Canada Revenue Agency.
 Lease or Rental contract of all residences you and your spouse resided since January 2015
 Letter of confirmation of residence from management of current rental building. The letter must be on company letterhead
 Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement, etc.) if you own your home
 Copy of phone/electricity/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 12 months
 Original auto insurance statement for 2016 and 2017 from both you and your spouse
 Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including
information of when the account was opened. The most recent 12 months statements of
your joint bank accounts or other investment account
 Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance
(statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
 Family photo album
 If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please
bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor
Record)
 Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1

Those documents that they asked us to bring during the interview are exactly the same documents we submitted last year. How come they are not asking for the latest one? How come they need me to pay for the RFPF?
Is this a relationship interview?
Is this a bad sign?

Please advise.
Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
THANKs for the reply

I never mean to offend anyone. I appreciate people are very helpful here.

But my question still remains unanswered:

Why they used the word ‘maybe’ when they can clearly mention this is a relationship interview?
I think you need to stop obsessing and trying to get answers on the teeniest details that really mean nothing. Accept it for what it is and prepare what they want. Period

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yeah, this is seriously going nowhere. You're obsessing over the language of the letter for nothing. It's a relationship interview. Your sponsor may be interviewed. Bring the stuff they asked for and prepare. End of.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Reactions: garbimba

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Why you guys are so rude to tiarachel85?

You should understand she got her interview request and so its natural to be really stressed out.
I'm with her here

By the way @Sharukh khan i would love to see how you will react if you get interview request.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Understanding that every IRCC office will send out different letters twisting words meaning the same process .

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Why you guys are so rude to tiarachel85?

You should understand she got her interview request and so its natural to be really stressed out.
I'm with her here

By the way @Sharukh khan i would love to see how you will react if you get interview request.
Theres nothing rude about anything anyone is saying. Not accepting anytging anyone is saying and getting stuck on the most minute thing is a but much. Sure its stressful but dont get lost in two words. Look at the big picture

Reactions: garbimba and np08

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
The wording of this letter is a little clunky; in fact, I'm somewhat surprised this was written by IRCC. That said, bureaucrats love filler words like "control purposes" -- you see that in many places where it doesn't strictly make the most sense. For what it's worth, my guess is this was actually composed by someone who is a native French speaker, based on the characteristics of the phrasing and word choice. In that case the use of the word "control" makes even more sense, as contrôler simply means "to check" in French (and is often confused when francophones switch to English).

So, in answer to your question, "control" = "check." Nothing more nothing less.

Good luck!