+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Think positive - especially for those with NOCs not on the list.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Thanks all. I hope no one gives up but finds other ways.

Mr.singh

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Fifth - Canada is not the only place for immigration. Consider other countries for immigration too. I heard Denmark, Australia, etc are good too.

All who r thinking positive have already applied and got aors.... think about those who are going to apply within one or two days... how they can be +ve...

BUt however...inspite of above given options(den.,aus..(some might think 2nd class)).... i want to say these strict rules of canada will not last long and they will become lenient again after clearing backlog..
so be prepare to wait for a year(very difficult although)..

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Mr.singh said:
Fifth - Canada is not the only place for immigration. Consider other countries for immigration too. I heard Denmark, Australia, etc are good too.

All who r thinking positive have already applied and got aors.... think about those who are going to apply within one or two days... how they can be +ve...

BUt however...inspite of above given options(den.,aus..(some might think 2nd class)).... i want to say these strict rules of canada will not last long and they will become lenient again after clearing backlog..
My dear, being positive is a conscious and sometimes painful effort. Its like the game of football. No one says it is easy but for the sake of the vision, you endure "the cross". Any great footballer will tell you this. Its never easy to score a goal in the knockout stage of any game. The current world cup is a good example. Above all, I think its easier to dwell on possibilities than having a doomsday mindset. Just my opinion anyway.

aag

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
0213 & 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Matties, your postive attitude is contageous :)
I would like to add to Mr singh's post that everything has a time ..... maybe the time has not come for those who are going to apply within one or two days... OR for those who have their applications in mail ( right now).....
Very Best!

Mr.singh said:

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Thanks Matties, for such a moral Boosting Thread.... However i would be more interested to know how CHC is going to React for the applications:-

1) Waiting for the first AOR and submitted before 26 june.
2) Waiting for Medical Request, PPR ... Havent got it Yet...
3) Passport submitted waiting for the Visa to come
4) Someone who is going out for an INTERVIEW and NOC has suddenly dissapeared from the List.

Amrit

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Those whose applications were received at CIO before 26th of June 2010 will proceed as normal (even if the NOC has disappeared).

1) if received before the 26th of June, you are safe. If received on or after 26th of June, then the application will be vetted based on the new rules. I hope they do look at the postmark rather than receive date but CIC website says receive date.
2) Same as before. New process does not affect those waiting for medical request as of June 26th 2010.
3) Same as before. New process does not affect those waiting for passport return as of June 26th 2010.
2) Same as before. New process does not affect those going for interview as of June 26th 2010.

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Maaties said:
Those whose applications were received at CIO before 26th of June 2010 will proceed as normal (even if the NOC has disappeared).

1) if received before the 26th of June, you are safe. If received on or after 26th of June, then the application will be vetted based on the new rules. I hope they do look at the postmark rather than receive date but CIC website says receive date.
2) Same as before. New process does not affect those waiting for medical request as of June 26th 2010.
3) Same as before. New process does not affect those waiting for passport return as of June 26th 2010.
2) Same as before. New process does not affect those going for interview as of June 26th 2010.
Thanks for ur quick Reply on this...:)

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Maaties said:
I have had many messages from disheartened folks on here. Generally those of you who were about to apply and found that your NOC is no longer on the ministerial list. Guys don't give up.

First of all, forget your job title for a moment and look through the ministerial listing again and see if any of the 29 job's duties match your own. If they do, that is what counts. Be fair about how you look at it. Discuss it with other who are working in those listed NOCs and see if you can match your duties to the listed job duties.

Secondly, look through PNP, and even consider learning french and going through QSW.

Thirdly, for those of you who can afford it, perhaps consider going to study in Canada and then applying later through the CEC class (but rules can always change). Also there are some funding in Canadian universities for masters studies in certain fields. It is not as much as in the US but it does exist.

Fourth - look through websites for jobs in Canada. Remember, now that CIC is openly saying that less visas will be given for FSW1, perhaps more will be given for FSW2. Perhaps employers will see they can get qualified people from overseas more easy with the new rules. Keep on emailing potential employers about jobs. Look for relevant websites. I think Canadavisa even has a job website. A simple Google search might come up with more job sites. Talk to your friends in Canada already. Perhaps some of those who are online now and in Canada will help in finding a job especially if they are in the same field.

Fifth - Canada is not the only place for immigration. Consider other countries for immigration too. I heard Denmark, Australia, etc are good too. I am sure you would have seen how a developing country like South Africa has put on an amazing world cup with stadiums that even first world nations cannot compete with. There are developing countries that offers lots of opportunities too, don't discount them. The main point is that you are continually improving your life for you and your family. If an opportunity exists in a developing country that offers a lifestyle better than your current, think about moving there and later, you can always move to an even better country. It might not sound optimal but it might be better than where you are now. I know countries like Malaysia, Singapore, etc offers a great life.

Most importantly, don't lose hope. It is easy to feel disheartened when one's hopes are dashed by a rule change but remember, you are online on this forum only because you are determined to make your and your family's life better. Use that very determination to do what I have mentioned above. Moving to another country is not easy so those of you who are prepared to move are the ones who are willing to take the calculated risk to make your life better. Channel all that energy to immigrate using other legal means.

Take calculated risks, be on the lookout for opportunities and most of all, smile because you still have your health. I am sure you all will do well. Good luck.
Hi Maaties, are you still in the game or out? Your time line stopped after your AOR in Feb last year. What's going on with your FSW application?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
According to the status, still in the game but in reality, probably rejected and they are not telling me yet. But also fortunate that if i want to go to canada, i can apply under 1122 (which was one of the other jobs that I used for points).

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Hi Maaties

very good advice. Keep it up.........

Thanks

pwee

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I definitely fall in that category.
I mailed my first application for FSW on February 28, 2008, so I just missed the mark by a couple days. Now I am trying for QSW, am enrolled in a french class and really hoping that something else doesn't happen that will make me unqualified. But its important to think positive and keep looking for new opportunities!

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Maaties,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and reality.You have sure did jumpstart the hopes and aspiration of someone.You are a very positive person and willingly to share,you will be favoured and remembered by people.KEEP IT UP.

Ig

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties, really very inspiring and encouraging post, which is needed at this moment.