+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Outland Sponsorship Process

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Given the details you have provided for your case, sounds like there could be a lot of reasons that IRCC requested an interview. I saw you said that you ordered your GCMS notes, so wait for those to arrive. Once they do, you will have to really read through it ,and you should be able to find a comment from one of the officers on the case stating exactly why they have decided to request an interview for your case. Take careful note of it and gather as much evidence as possible to address their comments.

Unfortunately no matter how much details you tell us about your case, there is still no one in the entire world who can predict the delays due to the nature of the pandemic. They have put thousands of couples into a similar situation to what you are going through - all stuck in a limbo without the faintest idea of a timeline for when the process will be completed. It is terrible that this is happening and I am sorry that you guys have to go through this, but unfortunately no one has any idea of the future at this point.
Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate.

Reactions: StellaArtois

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Just a question. Does it matter which Visa office they send the PA application? Is it really usually on the Visa office of the PA's citizenship, not on the current residence? (e.g. PA's British, but residing in Russia)

deeds

Mar 3, 2020
Just a question. Does it matter which Visa office they send the PA application? Is it really usually on the Visa office of the PA's citizenship, not on the current residence? (e.g. PA's British, but residing in Russia)
It does matter yes, this is why pretty much all immigration lawyers use canada based offices and litteraly mail the items to the instead of doing it online.

It seems slow and obsolete in 2021, but its still faster processing.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
It does matter yes, this is why pretty much all immigration lawyers use canada based offices and litteraly mail the items to the instead of doing it online.

It seems slow and obsolete in 2021, but its still faster processing.
Thanks! So it matters, with regards to the quickness of which VO is processing the application, in which case, Canadian VO's are relatively quicker. I am just particular to the BIOMETRICS and MEDICAL or if an interview is required, as it would be requested, from the residence of the PA, not the country of citizenship, right?

deeds

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks! So it matters, with regards to the quickness of which VO is processing the application, in which case, Canadian VO's are relatively quicker. I am just particular to the BIOMETRICS and MEDICAL or if an interview is required, as it would be requested, from the residence of the PA, not the country of citizenship, right?
Yes, those youll have to find the closest to you when they get requested, but dont get too eager in getting them done too soon: I got mine requested when we lived in copenhagen and i had to fly to stockholm (sweden) to get my biometrics done, the medical i could get done in Denmark, but there was only 1 doctor in Denmark that did it, and it ran me a whooping 800$

But, something i dont think everyone knows, when you get your approval, you have to land in canada within 1 year of your medical, even in covid times and theres absolutely no way to extend or even flipping call immigration canada!

So when i got approved Feb 2021, we were given 17 days to get to canada. Yes 17 days. The most frustrating was the stamp of approval was 1 month before hand, so Immigration canada knew the date but didnt rush the letter out or let us know, had i not met the postman that day we would have had 13 days by the time we got the letter.

So my point is, you will get a get your medical done by xxxxxx day, wait til the day before that day to do your medical, you¨ll thank your self later :)
Best of luck

Reactions: MBTS

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
I was under the impression that usually the application will be sent to the visa office (VO) closest to where the PA resides (not citizenship), because if an interview is requested you would be requested to attend at the VO where your application is currently located. Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken.

And also yes some VOs seem to process more quickly than others, some seem to have a higher rate of approval than others... So unfortunately not all VOs are equal and it is completely outside of the control of the applicants.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I was under the impression that usually the application will be sent to the visa office (VO) closest to where the PA resides (not citizenship), because if an interview is requested you would be requested to attend at the VO where your application is currently located. Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken.

And also yes some VOs seem to process more quickly than others, some seem to have a higher rate of approval than others... So unfortunately not all VOs are equal and it is completely outside of the control of the applicants.
Thanks! That was also my assumption, because what if you will be asked for an interview and you are in another country. Anyway, thank you!

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I’ve been reading process steps and timelines. Is it safe to assume that the eligibility assessment is completed (as part of Stage 2), when they already requested for a medical and you already passed it? As Medical, Background check and Security are all part of Stage 3?

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
I’ve been reading process steps and timelines. Is it safe to assume that the eligibility assessment is completed (as part of Stage 2), when they already requested for a medical and you already passed it? As Medical, Background check and Security are all part of Stage 3?
No, not a safe assumption - my husband (the PA on our application) got his request for medical within 2 months of them receiving the application, and eligibility assessment was not completed until 17 months after they received our application.

Also, the point at which the background check and security screen are completed is not the same for each case - while many applicants have their background check and security screen done at the end, for specific cases one or both those may come into play sooner. For example, in my husband's case his background check was completed very early on because he had a criminal record, but his security screen was done quickly at the end like most other applicants.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
No, not a safe assumption - my husband (the PA on our application) got his request for medical within 2 months of them receiving the application, and eligibility assessment was not completed until 17 months after they received our application.

Also, the point at which the background check and security screen are completed is not the same for each case - while many applicants have their background check and security screen done at the end, for specific cases one or both those may come into play sooner. For example, in my husband's case his background check was completed very early on because he had a criminal record, but his security screen was done quickly at the end like most other applicants.
Thank you for your advice and testimonial. Appreciated it. Yeah, it is really a case to case basis.

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
A couple of questions here: (and thanks in advance)

I am Canadian and my husband is American. We now living in the US and sent out application for my husband at the end of September 2020. We just got requests for BIO and medical. And I have been having problems linking our case online. It kept saying can’t find the file with the info? My husband worried that he won’t be receiving emails if he linked the case to his account. (we both created accounts) And also I received an email saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Does that mean we are another step closer or it is just the beginning of the whole visa procedure?

Last edited:

Maryam_ahm

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
So today i just received pre arrival letter and Decision made on the online tool and i was wondering how much longer does it take for PPR??
Hey I also got updated decision made but when I open nothing happens my medical is approved pre arrival is given so now what can we still be rejected so much worries

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey I also got updated decision made but when I open nothing happens my medical is approved pre arrival is given so now what can we still be rejected so much worries
Relax and wait. Decision made is internal and nothing sent out.

Although can be rejected at any time, as far as I'm aaware, extremely rare after decision made + pre-arrival - you'll get the passport request in due course.

And no, no-one knows how long exactly - anywhere from very soon to a few months (longer in rare cases but covid has caused more of these).

Maryam_ahm

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Relax and wait. Decision made is internal and nothing sent out.

Although can be rejected at any time, as far as I'm aaware, extremely rare after decision made + pre-arrival - you'll get the passport request in due course.

And no, no-one knows how long exactly - anywhere from very soon to a few months (longer in rare cases but covid has caused more of these).
Well I hope for the best