+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

HarSingh75

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
All applications go through security. Some applicants get stuck in enhanced security, which is also reflected as security screening in the CBSA notes.
Thank you sir.
The fact that they already started the BGC, does it mean that eligibility is cleared or they can be looking at both at the same time?

Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you sir.
The fact that they already started the BGC, does it mean that eligibility is cleared or they can be looking at both at the same time?

Thanks.
If the Security has started, then eligibility should be passed.

HarSingh75

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you sir.
They started the BGC a couple weeks after the the eligibility started so I'm hoping they started the BGC after eligibility passed.

MimiBun

Dec 21, 2018
For s15/16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

If your eligibility is passed, and it has been over 2-3 months, then you may be in SS.

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review the application and make a recommendation. After that an officer will review the application and the recommendation and make a final determination.

This is when your eligibility is conclusively passed.
Hello, again @legalfalcon :)

Thank you so much for your replies, without your help I wouldn't have found out about GCMS notes. I think requesting GCMS really helped process my application faster.

I've just received PPR after 7.5 months wait
So excited :D

Reactions: cadgijoe

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP

Thank you so much for your replies, without your help I wouldn't have found out about GCMS notes. I think requesting GCMS really helped process my application faster.

Your timeline please, were you under security screening?

Reactions: Crace

Debbu

Aug 17, 2018
If the Security has started, then eligibility should be passed.
Hello sir,I just wanted to ask I spoke with agent at IRCC and she said they have started security check but eligibility and criminality is yet to start.i found that a bit confusing as to why security would start before eligibility.maybe she just did not want to release information.i am CEC Inland so I don’t know how it works.what do you think

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Congratulations!!

Debbu

Aug 17, 2018
Hello sir,I just wanted to ask I spoke with agent at IRCC and she said they have started security check but eligibility and criminality is yet to start.i found that a bit confusing as to why security would start before eligibility.maybe she just did not want to release information.i am CEC Inland so I don’t know how it works.what do you think
Hello sir @legalfalcon i would be glad if you could reply this above post,thanks a lot

MimiBun

Dec 21, 2018
Your timeline please, were you under security screening?
Family sponsorship class/spouse
Application created on May 30th 2018
Medical passed in July
Eligibility passed on Sept 27th
Criminality passed on November 21st

Everything else under security info completely retracted plus there was s.15(1) in top right corner

It seems that security checks were passed in the first week of December, I dont know for sure, because they retracted all the info, but when they generated my GCMS notes on Dec 2nd I noticed that under security status: retracted word was definitely Passed
It looked like one word and there was a tiny "leftover" piece of letter P and letter d, so I was 100% sure it wasn't word Not started or In progress

I recieved my GCMS notes on Dec 31, they were probably too busy to send me PPR during the holidays, that's why they deleted all the security info

I have a screenshot of my activites, I just don't know how to post it here o_O

Reactions: Aziz123

MimiBun

Dec 21, 2018
Family sponsorship class/spouse
Application created on May 30th 2018
Medical passed in July
Eligibility passed on Sept 27th
Criminality passed on November 21st

Everything else under security info completely retracted plus there was s.15(1) in top right corner

It seems that security checks were passed in the first week of December, I dont know for sure, because they retracted all the info, but when they generated my GCMS notes on Dec 2nd I noticed that under security status: retracted word was definitely Passed
It looked like one word and there was a tiny "leftover" piece of letter P and letter d, so I was 100% sure it wasn't word Not started or In progress

I recieved my GCMS notes on Dec 31, they were probably too busy to send me PPR during the holidays, that's why they deleted all the security info

I have a screenshot of my activites, I just don't know how to post it here o_O
Also, I didn't mention that I've never received any pre-arrival services
My GCMS notes showed they were about to send me Pre-arrival on September 27th but they cancelled it
Idk why

They never updated my GCkey account, It's been the same since mid September:

We are reviewing wheather you meet the eligibility requirements
You passed the medical exam

We are reviewing the additional documents you provided changed to We need more documents to continue processing ur app, when they sent me PPR on January 8th, everything else stayed the same

You dont need an interview. We will send you a message...
We don't need your fingerprints...
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if need more information.
Your application is in progress. We'll send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello sir @legalfalcon i would be glad if you could reply this above post,thanks a lot[/

When IRCC says that security is in progress, that entails criminality too. To be certain as to what stage your application is at you need to check your GCMS notes.

Also, for inland CEC applicants, it is not unusual to have the security start before the eligibility is concluded in some cases.

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
The security is initiated after the eligibility is passed. The officer working on the file usually is the one who will place the file in security, from where IRCC sends it to CBSA and CSIS. CSIS conducts its screening and sends it report to CBSA, who then concludes its report and sends it to IRCC. It is then reviewed by an officer, and then the file is updated as regards security.
@legalfalcon Hello Sir, Please help me with my husband's application. I applied in Aug 2017 and immigration asked me to send my husband's job details since he is a cop in India.....which I sent on November 14th, 2018 and I did the MP inquiry today and they said that CSIS has done their part of security and the file is now with CBSA.......which I guess is the last step......do you know how long would it take to get PPR from here? Please let me know since I can't find a clear timeline from anyone.....I can't thank you enough for helping everyone on this thread.....you truly are a great person.....thanks a lot and please let me know!!!

Reactions: annevn8

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR is 25 Aug 2018. (CEC Inland)
Eligibility: Recommended pass
Criminality & medical: Passed
IP2: Nov 28
Security: Started (don't know when but got to know when I called CIC agent in mid-Dec)
Renewed passport on 4th Jan and same day uploaded using the web form.

Is my application delayed because of my passport?
Is my application is under SS?
I don't have much traveling other than Canada, USA & India.

Your response is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Reactions: annevn8