+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Does anyone know if one can apply for study permit to attend grad school while ss is in process? My post graduate work permit with 3 years validity expired a few months ago and I'm currently on BOWP waiting for pnp paperbased pr application for over 22 months. I'm thinking of going back to do a 2 years grad degree on study permit hoping that my current pr application will be approved at some point in the next two years.

I wonder if ircc would issue a study permit while pr is in progress? Would that jeopardize the pr application in any way?

Thanks
I'm in similar boat, my PGWP expired and I got a BOWP. I'm going for part-time masters in January while working full-time and my PR has been stuck since 11 months. I called in to IRCC and they told me that your study permit application will have no bearing on your PR application or vice versa. So nothing to worry. Just get admission and apply for study permit.

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
I'm in similar boat, my PGWP expired and I got a BOWP. I'm going for part-time masters in January while working full-time and my PR has been stuck since 11 months. I called in to IRCC and they told me that your study permit application will have no bearing on your PR application or vice versa. So nothing to worry. Just get admission and apply for study permit.
But can we get a study permit and work full time while studying?

Last edited:

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
Dear @legalfalcon and senior Members, I have been in SS only ( Family Sponsorship ) since 18 months.. I have a very clean record, we don’t know why! My spouse and I are getting so depressed from this wait! Is there any maximum time for this SS to be completed.. enough waiting seriously! That’s so unfair! .. please get back to me as soon as possible.. Thanks and bless you ..

@strength2 your post bleached and acid washed the little hope I had! Wish my spouse will not read it :( ..8 years will take a couple to reunite!

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon,
my BG status changed today from NA to we are processing your background. Also additionally, my ADR status changed to we do not need any additional document.

on 7 sep - my BCG was - we are processing your application
on 13 Sep - it went to Not Applicable
on 28 Sep - it says - we are processing your background and ADR also changed to - we do not need any additional document.

Could you please share your thoughts on your experience like what are the things are done and what does that signify on ADR.

Thanks..

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
The post only lists the stages, not in the order.

The order is:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
BGC

The application goes in SS only when the BGC starts. If you see your notes, and on page 2 if the security shows as blank, that is an indication that it has started. Only if your application goes under SS, will it be delayed. Otherwise not.
Hi, Dear I received my GCMS notes and according to notes my:
Eligibility: Passed
Medical: Passed-Expired
Criminality: Not started
Security: (Blank)

I did MP inquiry also, they replied me that my back ground checks are in-process since Nov 2016.
Do you think I'm also stuck in SS..?
And what is your opinion about my criminality..? as it is not started yet. How much time they will take if it starts? will it take so much long just like security checks?
Please reply.
Thanks

teegz

Oct 15, 2016
Dear @legalfalcon and senior Members, I have been in SS only ( Family Sponsorship ) since 18 months.. I have a very clean record, we don’t know why! My spouse and I are getting so depressed from this wait! Is there any maximum time for this SS to be completed.. enough waiting seriously! That’s so unfair! .. please get back to me..
What happens if we don’t get ppr before medicals are expired? Can we try for a student visa if we are under EE?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi! very informative topic, thank you :)

I have a question, here's my timeline:

25 Aug - AOR
08 Sep - IP1
11 Sep - NA
22 Sep - IP2

Still waiting for PPR, I paid the PRPF upfront, so how much time do you think it's going to take? I know IP2 to PPR can take a week or a year depending on how fast your security check goes, but i'm hopeful since my application is being processed so fast.. I called CIC and the agent on the phone said I passed background and eligibility checks, now i'm just in security check "which is routine" as she said. I know it's still too early to worry about a PPR email, but I ask this since I am from Lebanon, and there's this silly "trend" where people who apply from here get a long security screening... just looking for some insight I guess.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon and senior Members, I have been in SS only ( Family Sponsorship ) since 18 months.. I have a very clean record, we don’t know why! My spouse and I are getting so depressed from this wait! Is there any maximum time for this SS to be completed.. enough waiting seriously! That’s so unfair! .. please get back to me..
There is no time frame for when SS will be cleared. You just have to wait it out unfortunately.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
my BG status changed today from NA to we are processing your background. Also additionally, my ADR status changed to we do not need any additional document.

on 7 sep - my BCG was - we are processing your application
on 13 Sep - it went to Not Applicable
on 28 Sep - it says - we are processing your background and ADR also changed to - we do not need any additional document.

Could you please share your thoughts on your experience like what are the things are done and what does that signify on ADR.

Thanks..
It is difficult to predict what stage your application is at merely by looking at the MyCIC status. Instead you should rely on the stages as prescribed under the Immigration law which are:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

You can read on each - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, Dear I received my GCMS notes and according to notes my:
Eligibility: Passed
Medical: Passed-Expired
Criminality: Not started
Security: (Blank)

I did MP inquiry also, they replied me that my back ground checks are in-process since Nov 2016.
Do you think I'm also stuck in SS..?
And what is your opinion about my criminality..? as it is not started yet. How much time they will take if it starts? will it take so much long just like security checks?
Please reply.
Thanks
To know about SS, you need GCMS notes. The criminality is based on PCCs only. Have you submitted all PCCs. Also if you are an inland applicant, the criminality passed later after you submit RCMP PCC. So not sure about your status.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi! very informative topic, thank you :)

I have a question, here's my timeline:

25 Aug - AOR
08 Sep - IP1
11 Sep - NA
22 Sep - IP2

Still waiting for PPR, I paid the PRPF upfront, so how much time do you think it's going to take? I know IP2 to PPR can take a week or a year depending on how fast your security check goes, but i'm hopeful since my application is being processed so fast.. I called CIC and the agent on the phone said I passed background and eligibility checks, now i'm just in security check "which is routine" as she said. I know it's still too early to worry about a PPR email, but I ask this since I am from Lebanon, and there's this silly "trend" where people who apply from here get a long security screening... just looking for some insight I guess.

It is difficult to predict what stage your application is at merely by looking at the MyCIC status. Instead you should rely on the stages as prescribed under the Immigration law which are:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

You can read on each - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Also remember that an average application takes 6 months to clear from the date R10 is passed. You are not even close. So just hand in there and don't stress.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What happens if we don’t get ppr before medicals are expired? Can we try for a student visa if we are under EE?
You can request IRCC to extend your medicals, which is mostly granted for another year. Alternatively, IRCC will ask you to redo your medicals.

S

slpmaple

Hi LegalFalcon,

Does anyone know how to access the Whatsapp Security/BGC group? I heard there's a forum available for that. Thanks

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
To know about SS, you need GCMS notes. The criminality is based on PCCs only. Have you submitted all PCCs. Also if you are an inland applicant, the criminality passed later after you submit RCMP PCC. So not sure about your status.
Yes I received GCMS notes. I am outland applicant and I submitted Police clearance from Pakistan and they asked to submit a police clearance from Saudi Arabia also, I submitted it also.