+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

I work for a small company and if searched online the website that shows is full of errors, even though I am part of the company and shown in the profile but it shows wrong position. We have informed several times but the people incharge for the website is not efficient.

Also I got a promotion last month and updated in my LinkedIn Profile. Should I raise a cse to inform the CIC? I also have issue as the promotion letter is not handed yet but was verbally informed.I have asked my HR department but it will take time.What should I do in this situation?

As been informed I have not passed Eligibility yet,my file is still in CIO and am worried what will happen next?

Regards
Lifehack

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

I work for a small company and if searched online the website that shows is full of errors, even though I am part of the company and shown in the profile but it shows wrong position. We have informed several times but the people incharge for the website is not efficient.

Also I got a promotion last month and updated in my LinkedIn Profile. Should I raise a cse to inform the CIC? I also have issue as the promotion letter is not handed yet but was verbally informed.I have asked my HR department but it will take time.What should I do in this situation?

As been informed I have not passed Eligibility yet,my file is still in CIO and am worried what will happen next?

Regards
Lifehack
There is no need to panic. As long as IRCC can contact the person who signed your reference letter or can contact your company you are good. Only in very few cases is employment verification done, which depends on the education, quality of education, kind of work done, employer details etc. Having online presence is just one of them.

Please do not panic.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your reply and kind words. It just confuses me why my file is not moving and it is frustrating sometimes to be stuck.

There is no need to panic. As long as IRCC can contact the person who signed your reference letter or can contact your company you are good. Only in very few cases is employment verification done, which depends on the education, quality of education, kind of work done, employer details etc. Having online presence is just one of them.

Please do not panic.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Legalfalcon

My e-APR submission date is 28th April

I passed medical: 2nd August

BG status: Not Applicable

I am PNP Outland

Now I wish to know from this stage what is the chance of rejection? Can I assume that my file has been moved to Local Visa Office?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon

My e-APR submission date is 28th April

I passed medical: 2nd August

BG status: Not Applicable

I am PNP Outland

Now I wish to know from this stage what is the chance of rejection? Can I assume that my file has been moved to Local Visa Office?
Not all files go to LVO. It depends on the work load at each processing office. As of now, based on the trends reported, the CEC and PNP are processing very slow. The chances of rejection reduce considerably after your eligibility is passed. Unfortunately the MyCIC status does not show which stage your application is at. To conclusively know if you have passed eligibility you need GCMS.

To read the different stages an application goes through read - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

jv.fswin

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I am a new member to this forum and have started going through the different threads. My AOR is 10th July
medical passed : 21 July
BG1: 21July
NA2:25 July
I had not submitted ECA in the document upload section and had just provided the reference no. but later on a friend suggested putting it through CSE.
Yesterday, i noticed the additional documents section said :We do not need any additional documents. After couple of hours, it changed back to ' The documents you submitted are currently being reviewed'

Anyone else here who has seen this or has any idea. Any help will be much appreciated. Could it be possible that my eligibility was conplete but the CSE was received on the same day the status changed so they would have changed it back ?Thanks

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
Thanks for taking time to reply, Legalfalcon. "Approved", just means approved, right? No advanced security screening etc., right?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for taking time to reply, Legalfalcon. "Approved", just means approved, right? No advanced security screening etc., right?
YEs, if your application has been approved and you see the same in the status, you are all good. Congratulations. Soon you will have a PPR. It may take a few days as the PPRs are issued in batches.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
I am a new member to this forum and have started going through the different threads. My AOR is 10th July
medical passed : 21 July
BG1: 21July
NA2:25 July
I had not submitted ECA in the document upload section and had just provided the reference no. but later on a friend suggested putting it through CSE.
Yesterday, i noticed the additional documents section said :We do not need any additional documents. After couple of hours, it changed back to ' The documents you submitted are currently being reviewed'

Anyone else here who has seen this or has any idea. Any help will be much appreciated. Could it be possible that my eligibility was conplete but the CSE was received on the same day the status changed so they would have changed it back ?Thanks
You do not need to upload the ECA as per instructions, but some applicants have reported that they received rejections for nt uploading ECA. Which is absurd since it is not required. To be safe you should upload it. If you did not while filing your application, you can send it via CSE. Nothing to worry.

jv.fswin

Aug 13, 2017
You do not need to upload the ECA as per instructions, but some applicants have reported that they received rejections for nt uploading ECA. Which is absurd since it is not required. To be safe you should upload it. If you did not while filing your application, you can send it via CSE. Nothing to worry.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, i did raise a CSE because of the same reason. Do you have any idea why would the status change from 'We do not need additional documents' back to 'documents being reviewed' ?

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
The tracking number and the receipt number is given immediately whEn you file the ATIP request At the email you enter while filing the request. When you file, you have to choose delivery by electronic service.

Only CSIS responds back by mail, records of CBSA if requested in electronic format is transmitted by email.
Yeah in the email they specifically mentioned that the tracking number you received when filling the online request is now obsolete and they provided a new internal tracking number. I did select transmission of records in electronic format during my ATIP request but their email said we only respond by mail.

Reactions: strength2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yeah in the email they specifically mentioned that the tracking number you received when filling the online request is now obsolete and they provided a new internal tracking number. I did select transmission of records in electronic format during my ATIP request but their email said we only respond by mail.
That is good to know. However, I have not experience this. Thanks for updating.

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
So your BGC is under progress and soon you should have the PPR. BGC is unpredictable as there are many factors that influence it. But if you don't have much travel history, you should be good.
Dear Legalfalcon, I have been stuck in IP2 for almost a month (since 18th of July) however, i have an extensive travel history of 82 trips; nevertheless, none of the red flag countries are among the trip destination. what do you think?

Jay_Jay

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
I've searched over the internet to know which countries are red flagged, but unfortunately i couldn't find out! would you please share with us @legalfalcon what coutries are red flagged? Thank you in Advance four your usual and informative support.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Jay_Jay & @AFUA2017

By "red flags" I did not mean a specific country, but countries which may be of concern. There is no list which is published and won't be as no country wants to damage its diplomatic relationship with another country. However, any country which has a civil way going on, is politically unstable, known to be high in organized crime or is a drug source country, they would find such countries on the list.

Just because you have an extensive travel history by itself does not mean an extended BGC, rather your reason to be in touch country could trigger one. If your job is such that you have to travel, that would be fine. However, you would not be vacationing there and if you do, then that is questionable.

Reactions: Jay_Jay