Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have been requested for the additional document (travel history of my spouse)
I have already uploaded the details of my spouse travel history but thy have again requested.
any idea what could be the reason?

Pnp
Could be a system glitch or the one you sent before, had gaps and not every thing was accounted for. Usually it is to account for any gaps.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Another internal tracking
The tracking number and the receipt number is given immediately whEn you file the ATIP request At the email you enter while filing the request. When you file, you have to choose delivery by electronic service.

Only CSIS responds back by mail, records of CBSA if requested in electronic format is transmitted by email.
Another internal tracking # is assigned by CBSA. It is this format A-2017-xxxxx. I selected case file and electronic. Atip-cbsa sent me a cd. I ordered july 4, cover letter was issued aug 3 and arrived aug 10th. But i was disappointed as they sent me a copy of gcms note isdued july 4. It was the same as ircc gcms except that in one location under activity>security screening they did not white out cbsa name and it showed new value: recieved by cbsa, updated date: xxxxx. Also somewhere it says EDE required and pending EDE only ( i believe this EDE is diff from medical excessive demand exempt EDE and dont know what it is maybe sth like electronic data entry or sth). I only uderstood the file went to cbsa the same day as csis and the same as ss start date. But i have no idea if cbsa completed it. Also at the end of the gcms note there was a copy of schedule a and there was a circle around education. I wish someone knew how to track cbsa and that what things are checked there when both cbsa and csis are involved in ss.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaheerjaved

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
yes I have a PhD (Electrical and COmputer eng.) , living in US and my nationality is Iranian. The form asks:Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?
SInce I work and live in US I have no idea what to write here? any idea?
Also can CV increase the processing time?
I think this is more for security reason. A friend of mine, chemical phd from canada, iranian nationality got that and now after 5 months she is in background check. If u call cic call centre the automated system will tell u are in background check or not.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I think this is more for security reason. A friend of mine, chemical phd from canada, iranian nationality got that and now after 5 months she is in background check. If u call cic call centre the automated system will tell u are in background check or not.
thanks can I call them from US? also I am trying to figure out how to answer to the form questions. One of them really does not make any sense. Trying to figure out how others answered this:
" Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I am currently, living and working in USA however my nationality is Iranian. Is the question asking about my plans in US or Iran? Since I have not planned about returning to Iran and therefore I have no plan for employment there yet.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW

Hello

Sorry for posting but am very confused. I called CIC on Thursday.As I am in NA2 for almost 40 days.They told me my file is still in Central Intake Office and my security and Eligibility check is not done yet. Can someone tell me what are checked for Security and Eligibility checks? I just want to understand the process.If you would be kind to tell me.

Regards
Lifehack

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks of course I will. I hope it does not mean more delays.
Just turn the documents in for now and see how it pans. Every application is different. When people give analogies that something happened to them or someone else, not all applications see the same result. For the security as discussed in the first 2 pages of this thread, is a very complicated process, which is not disclosed. Applicants get ADR all the time and not everyone sees delays.

Reactions: rxyz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hello

Sorry for posting but am very confused. I called CIC on Thursday.As I am in NA2 for almost 40 days.They told me my file is still in Central Intake Office and my security and Eligibility check is not done yet. Can someone tell me what are checked for Security and Eligibility checks? I just want to understand the process.If you would be kind to tell me.

Regards
Lifehack
To understand the different stages of how an EE application is processed see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
yes I have a PhD (Electrical and COmputer eng.) , living in US and my nationality is Iranian. The form asks:Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?
SInce I work and live in US I have no idea what to write here? any idea?
Also can CV increase the processing time?
The way my frirnd replied is that she never worked in Iran before. She does not plan to work in Iran and does not have any commitments to work there (she never recieved a scholarship from Iran or anything) and she wrote since her degree is from canada she is willing to stay in canada and work illegally and permanently.

Make sure your cv matches what you had on application form.

The fact is you are selected for background check and security screening this may lengthen your process.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
@legalfalcon
You have explained in details the anatomy of background checks, and seems to be a complicated process. In your opinion with the current unusual file processing and load distribution, how is it possible that some applicants get ppr same day or 1-2 days after status changes to in process, yet for some it takes longer? Most people say eligibility takes longest, in my case it took 4 days and then status changed to background check in process and additional documents not needed. That was on 5th of august. Not complaining, actually quite happy for the speed they are processing our files at the moment, and I only contacted them once during what members here call IP1 which took 2 weeks for me.
Anyways, not to mix things up, i am just wondering is it possible that security screening is taking just 1 or 2 days for some applicants, or whats going on exactly.
Best regards

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
thanks can I call them from US? also I am trying to figure out how to answer to the form questions. One of them really does not make any sense. Trying to figure out how others answered this:
" Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or organisation and in what field of work?". I am currently, living and working in USA however my nationality is Iranian. Is the question asking about my plans in US or Iran? Since I have not planned about returning to Iran and therefore I have no plan for employment there yet.
https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

Try this 613-944-4000

Tuesday 8 am is the best time.

I answered the form in another post.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
You have explained in details the anatomy of background checks, and seems to be a complicated process. In your opinion with the current unusual file processing and load distribution, how is it possible that some applicants get ppr same day or 1-2 days after status changes to in process, yet for some it takes longer? Most people say eligibility takes longest, in my case it took 4 days and then status changed to background check in process and additional documents not needed. That was on 5th of august. Not complaining, actually quite happy for the speed they are processing our files at the moment, and I only contacted them once during what members here call IP1 which took 2 weeks for me.
Anyways, not to mix things up, i am just wondering is it possible that security screening is taking just 1 or 2 days for some applicants, or whats going on exactly.
Best regards
The eligibility only checks whether the candidate meets the CRS and MEC. This further is based on the quality of documents submitted. Here quality would mean that a person who graduated from a well know university working for a big company would go smoothly through eligibility, as compared to a person who works for a company which does not even have an internet presence. Further, IRCC sometimes also does an internet search on applicants, which includes LinkedIn profile etc. Also, factors like the number of years of work experience is also a main concern. Based on there the eligibility can be cleared within a few hours. Now compare this with other candidate who has a degree in some field, working in another, and the documents are not that strong, will have a longer processing time.

The same is with security, if an applicant is from specific country, and this is a chance or something come sup on the system, it goes for a spin. The fastest I have seen an application being processed is 2 weeks, form submission to PPR. I wish IRCC was this fast for all application.