21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hello @legalfalcon

I would appreciate for your opinion on my case. Got PPR in May 2017, express entry, PNP. Got married after, in August added my wife. Visa cancelled, Application reopened. Currently processing my spouse. My GCMS notes says:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

ACTIVITY: 4
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCI: xxxxxxxxx
Name: xxxxx xxxxxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Field Name: Status
New Value:
Office: Vienna

ACTIVITY: 6
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCI: xxxxxxxx
Name:xxxxxx xxxxxx
New Value: Not Started
Office: GCMS-System

There is only two activities under security for my spouse. As far as I understand she is not under SS. If so, what would be the timeframe for clearing her security. Eligibility is passed 12 September.

spec246

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon

I would appreciate for your opinion on my case. Got PPR in May 2017, express entry, PNP. Got married after, in August added my wife. Visa cancelled, Application reopened. Currently processing my spouse. My GCMS notes says:

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

ACTIVITY: 4
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value:
Office: Vienna

ACTIVITY: 6
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
UCI: xxxxxxxx
Name:xxxxxx xxxxxx
New Value: Not Started
Office: GCMS-System

There is only two activities under security for my spouse. As far as I understand she is not under SS. If so, what would be the timeframe for clearing her security. Eligibility is passed 12 September.
your nationality plz

ashithshetty06m

Jun 13, 2017
I have been getting questions on what happens in a BGC a lot in the last few months. Even though in my post, “[A]natomy of an application” available on many threads, I do discuss this briefly, but I felt there was a need for a more exhaustive post. This post in no way accurately depicts the procedures adopted by the CSIS, Canada’s premier security agency, as their procedures are highly confidential and will never be made public. However, this post is an amalgamation of the information publically available, and my personal experiences with working for the governments and law enforcement agencies in different countries.

Since this is a long post and each post cannot be over 10000 characters, I am posting the entire post in replies. The post is alphabetically numbered.

So here it goes:

A. What is CSIS and its mandate?

Before we even venture into looking at how CSIS conducts background checks, it is essential to have a brief knowledge of CSIS and what it does. CSIS in its publication has introduced itself with the following statement:

“With the large number of homeland conflicts throughout the world,
preventing the importation of these conflicts into communities
in Canada is of particular concern to all Canadians.”

The mandate of the CSIS concerning security screening of immigrants is laid down in Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (hereinafter “the IRPA”). Sections 14 and 15 of the CSIS Act authorizes CSIS to provide security assessments for the review of immigration applications to the IRCC. These assessments relate directly to the security inadmissibility criteria contained in the IRPA, with the final decision resting with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

Unlike other intelligence services across the globe, CSIS until early 2000 did not operate on foreign soil and its operations concerned the protection of Canadian national security mainly against internal threats. However, since threats to the security of Canada can come from criminals or terrorists using Canadian soil to perpetrate attacks of terrorist activities, both within Canada and target foreign nations, CSIS was tasked with screening all applicants seeking admission into Canada through IRCC.

CSIS is tasked with conducting security clearance for all applicants in addition the police clearances certificates furnished by the applicants, for all applicants between the ages of 18 and 65 years. The BGC is conducted to detect applicants who are, or have been, involved in espionage, subversion, or terrorism.

The screening of potential immigrants to Canada is a complex process that involves several government departments and agencies such as IRCC, Health Canada, Human Resources Development Canada, and RCMP [Royal Canadian Mounted Police] and CSIS, each of whom has specific responsibilities. A culmination of what these agencies do determines admissibility based on medical, criminality, security etc.

Specifically CSIS, in accordance with section 2 of CSIS Act, that deals with threats to the security of Canada. The IRPA in Division 4, specifically section 34 deals with the inadmissibility based on security, which is assessed by CSIS. Section 34 includes accessing the applicant for the following:

Security

34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for

a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;
b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government
a. engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;
c) engaging in terrorism;
d) being a danger to the security of Canada;
e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or
f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).

CSIS does what is known as risk management in the processing of security checks on prospective immigrants, role of CSIS focuses on those applicants who, on the basis of analysis and experience, are most likely to present a security risk. The advice provided by the CSIS assists the IRCC in determining whether prospective immigrants are inadmissible persons under the Immigration Act.

The assessment of CSIS is not binding on IRCC, and IRCC independently reviews the CSIS assessment in the final review before the application is approved. This is another reason for the delays, and more on this later.

B. When does your application go to CSIS?

Usually, the Security screening is the last step, but for some applicants, this starts early in the process. These applicants are PNP applicants. This is because a province has nominated them through their internal mechanism, thereby in a way giving them eligibility, and the role of IRCC greatly decreases, unlike FSW, CEC and other application where IRCC has to review every detail to ensure that the applicant meets the program requirement. This is another reason why PNP applications usually tend to be processed faster. More on PNP in another post, which I will post in the next few days.
Thank you for such a detailed post. I am a July FSWO applicant and I turned IP2 on 12 th December. I haven't received my PPR yet as my file is in NDVO. Is it possible that my file is under Security Screening as I have a country ban in one of the countries which I have already revealed it while applying.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for such a detailed post. I am a July FSWO applicant and I turned IP2 on 12 th December. I haven't received my PPR yet as my file is in NDVO. Is it possible that my file is under Security Screening as I have a country ban in one of the countries which I have already revealed it while applying.
It is difficult to predict if the issue is due to security screening or your eligibility not being passed yet. Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Your GCMS notes should provide you with a in-depth picture of what is delaying your file.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Happy new year legalfalcon
  1. I have an wp application in process my wp is not pr supported,

Is it ok if i can aply for pnp pr application with my family,when my work permit in under process.

My lawyer sent me this when i asked for my app status.

Where is this application? Details Help

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Pls help me if u get any idea about the process.

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
It is difficult to predict if the issue is due to security screening or your eligibility not being passed yet. Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Your GCMS notes should provide you with a in-depth picture of what is delaying your file.
ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In progress.
Other Reqs:
Final:

ACTIVITY: 5. S15(1)
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type:Security
New Value:
Office: Cairo

Info sharing
Partner USA
Biographic
ready to be assessed s13(1)
Validity 12/02/2017
Urgent N
BGC Processing In mycic
So what is here pending and what is done.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Happy new year legalfalcon
  1. I have an wp application in process my wp is not pr supported,

Is it ok if i can aply for pnp pr application with my family,when my work permit in under process.

My lawyer sent me this when i asked for my app status.

Where is this application? Details Help

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Pls help me if u get any idea about the process.
Happy new year to you as well!

Yes, you can file a PR application while your WP application is in progress. There is no bar on that.

Before I comment on anything else, how long has your application been in progress. If you can give me some dates that would help.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Happy new year to you as well!

Yes, you can file a PR application while your WP application is in progress. There is no bar on that.

Before I comment on anything else, how long has your application been in progress. If you can give me some dates that would help.

To be exact,

Applied aug 14 2017,

Submitted meds before it was officially requested in october 3 rwached ircc.

Official meds request niv 17 2017,
Checkwd in hospital , informed me that no issues it will be ok.

Submitted againg the docs received from hospital.

After that no news from ircc

Pls shre ur ideas

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In progress.
Other Reqs:
Final:

ACTIVITY: 5. S15(1)
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type:Security
New Value:
Office: Cairo

Info sharing
Partner USA
Biographic
ready to be assessed s13(1)
Validity 12/02/2017
Urgent N
BGC Processing In mycic
So what is here pending and what is done.
All application go through the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To read more on each stage see: https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

In your case the eligibility is passed and so if R10 and medicals.

IRCC sought information from US about your antecedents. If you have visited US, or have a US Visa, information is obtained from US. The information received from foreign government is not released under s13(1) of the access to info act. The section states:

13(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government, institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information that was obtained in confidence from

• the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof;
  • an international organization of states or an institution thereof;
  • the government of a province or an institution thereof; or
  • a municipal or regional government established by or pursuant to an Act of the legislature of a province or an institution of such a government.

Similarly, information will be retracted under section 15 or 16 as its pertains to law enforcement. To read more on s15 / 16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Your security is ongoing. Also your criminality is not started. If your are an inland applicant, or CEC, the criminality is the last step and is based on the PCCs, including the RCMP PCC.

As soon as your security is cleared, you will receive PPR. Your application is 95% through.

I do not see any concerns.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
@legalfalcon

I dont have enough crs score, possible i can register for EEBC,

It says i need to register for pnp with my details. If i do with all my personal particulars like pp details, will it affect my wp application progress.

Pls share ur ideas.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
To be exact,

Applied aug 14 2017,

Submitted meds before it was officially requested in october 3 rwached ircc.

Official meds request niv 17 2017,
Checkwd in hospital , informed me that no issues it will be ok.

Submitted againg the docs received from hospital.

After that no news from ircc

Pls shre ur ideas
Its within normal processing time. No need to worry. If you are concerned, you can request GCMS notes, but just wait for some more time and you will get a result.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hi Legalfalcon

Could you please state the longest time you've witnessed for clearing security after eligibility passed, if person is not a subject to security screening?

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed (12th September)
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Two security sub activities, no security screening on gcms!

Regards

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi legal falcon, my background check started on 27 Nov. After raising cse about the update on my application I got the following reply from lvo on 21 December. :

"After initial review with the immigration officer, your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Please note that it is possible to take up employment in the interim, while you are awaiting the outcome of this application."

Does it mean that I am under security screening?

Sincerely,