Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thankyou. But that job for 10 years ago and NOC C I guess .I think Personal history have an option for last 10years . So I have to start my history from age 18 to include this job in personal history.
If it is beyond 10 years, no need to enter it. Read the questions carefully. Only if you claim points for a work experience, you mention it in your work history, for everything else, put it in your personal history.

arv22

Feb 13, 2021
Ok I'm confused again. That job was NOC C before 10 years . Does this mean I don't have to mention in work history and personal history ? I don't have to mention it anywhere while applying right as I'm not claiming points

arv22

Feb 13, 2021
Ok . This is my doubt in clear words.
For example, I am 32 years while applying for PR, I don't have to mention my work , study, travel , address histories from ages 18-22 anywhere in the application . Everything is for last 10 years?
Am I right ?

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
If it is beyond 10 years, no need to enter it. Read the questions carefully. Only if you claim points for a work experience, you mention it in your work history, for everything else, put it in your personal history.
Hi,
I filed a spousal sponsorship application in January 2019 and I have yet to get a decision. Every time I inquire about the application, the reply is that it's in security and they can't provide a timeline. I last heard from IRCC in August 2019 and that was the pre-arrival letter. I applied for GCMS, CSIS, and CBSA notes. GCMS has the redacted security page and CSIS just sent me their report that says they don't have a file. CBSA has yet to respond, but I am very concerned because if CSIS conducts their investigation first, then where is our application. Can you please shed any light on this? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
I filed a spousal sponsorship application in January 2019 and I have yet to get a decision. Every time I inquire about the application, the reply is that it's in security and they can't provide a timeline. I last heard from IRCC in August 2019 and that was the pre-arrival letter. I applied for GCMS, CSIS, and CBSA notes. GCMS has the redacted security page and CSIS just sent me their report that says they don't have a file. CBSA has yet to respond, but I am very concerned because if CSIS conducts their investigation first, then where is our application. Can you please shed any light on this? Thank you.
Not al application go to CSIS or your file may not have been sent to CSIS yet. Officers who have a reason to believe that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35, and/or 37 of the IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, send a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners.

If your file has not been sent to CSIS then it will not be there. Also, for many females, CSIS is not involved. Once you receive your CBSA notes, see the security related details to see when it started? Check your GCMS notes too to see if you can find it in there under activities,

To read more on security and how it is done, see https://bit.ly/2LS5tLd

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Criminality is based on PCCs and biometrics. It is fairly quick. As regards security, an average security screening takes 110 days. To read more on security and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN
@legalfalcon For me, all stages of PR process have passed since Oct 2020 including security, only criminality is pending because my husband is in India and he was not able to gibe biometrics. However, he recently gave his biometrics by travelling to Nepal on 1 FEB 2021 as VACS in India are closed for PR biometrics. 2 Weeks have passed since he gave biometrics. How long do you think I will take for Criminality to be passed. Please advise.

orangecurtain

Dec 9, 2019
So basically if you're a young male of Middle-eastern descent, then the Officers have officially reasonable grounds to suspect that you, as an applicant, may be inadmissible. Off to the SS you go.

And don't you dare bring up the idea of being profiled based off your gender, age, and place of origin - otherwise you'll risk being kindly offered to go back where you came... (you know the rest). They say its for the greater good, and tough luck for the law abiding citizens from that profile.

Since in this day and age it's common to throw out these labels, sounds like plenty of -isms for me: s*xism, ag*ism, r*cism (oh wait, sorry, that only applies for one race). I guess you can't play those cards either.

Reactions: felix-m and upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon For me, all stages of PR process have passed since Oct 2020 including security, only criminality is pending because my husband is in India and he was not able to gibe biometrics. However, he recently gave his biometrics by travelling to Nepal on 1 FEB 2021 as VACS in India are closed for PR biometrics. 2 Weeks have passed since he gave biometrics. How long do you think I will take for Criminality to be passed. Please advise.
As soon as the biometrics are in, they will be added to you file, and then sent to RCMP and may be used for info-shairiing if you have traveled to US before. Should not take too long, but will depend on whether RCMP is working on full swing and how much workload they have.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hello,
Asking for a friend. He is in security screening since one year. He works in an organization, Organization which is under scrutiny for importing items used for strategic projects such as cruise missiles and all. However, he has nothing to do with imports or other things and his records are clear. Is it possible he will deemed inadmissible under Section 34?
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
As soon as the biometrics are in, they will be added to you file, and then sent to RCMP and may be used for info-shairiing if you have traveled to US before. Should not take too long, but will depend on whether RCMP is working on full swing and how much workload they have.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html
@legalfalcon But my husband is in India, why would RCMP check his biometrics. He has never been to Canada or any other country in his life. I think for me, criminality was already done. Here is what my GCMS notes say.

As of 7 August 2020

Criminality: PA - NRT - ALL
Required PCS Spouse: NRT - ALL Required PCS Biometrics: Pending for both PA and Spouse

I gave biometrics on 1 Dec 2020 and my spouse gave biometrics on 1 Feb 2021.

The wait is killing me now. AOR 10 Jan 2020

Any idea how long it would take based on the info provided above? @legalfalcon

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon But my husband is in India, why would RCMP check his biometrics. He has never been to Canada or any other country in his life. I think for me, criminality was already done. Here is what my GCMS notes say.

As of 7 August 2020

Criminality: PA - NRT - ALL
Required PCS Spouse: NRT - ALL Required PCS Biometrics: Pending for both PA and Spouse

I gave biometrics on 1 Dec 2020 and my spouse gave biometrics on 1 Feb 2021.

The wait is killing me now. AOR 10 Jan 2020

Any idea how long it would take based on the info provided above? @legalfalcon

It doe snot matter whether your are in Canada or outside Canada. When you provide biometrics they are shared with other agencies, in Canada, and other countries as per the agreements.

RCMP is one of them and will run your fingerprints though the system to ensure there are no matches.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,
Asking for a friend. He is in security screening since one year. He works in an organization, Organization which is under scrutiny for importing items used for strategic projects such as cruise missiles and all. However, he has nothing to do with imports or other things and his records are clear. Is it possible he will deemed inadmissible under Section 34?
@legalfalcon

The determination about inadmissibility for s 34, is done by IRCC and based on many factors, not just one. No one can speculate whether someone's admissible based on the info you provided.

To read on how security is done, and what all is looked into, see https://bit.ly/2Ne2Oft

Reactions: arbu45

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
It doe snot matter whether your are in Canada or outside Canada. When you provide biometrics they are shared with other agencies, in Canada, and other countries as per the agreements.

RCMP is one of them and will run your fingerprints though the system to ensure there are no matches.
Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand why 2 weeks have passed since my husband gave biometrics and still PR application is not finalized given that Eligibility, Medical, and Security are passed. I hope the criminality passes soon so my application can be finalized.

How patient should I be? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand why 2 weeks have passed since my husband gave biometrics and still PR application is not finalized given that Eligibility, Medical, and Security are passed. I hope the criminality passes soon so my application can be finalized.

How patient should I be? @legalfalcon
Currently everything is up in the air, all timelines and time frame have been tossed out. Just give it some time and soon you should have some good news.