+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon I was informed by CIC that I passed every admissibility stage except for criminality which is ongoing since I was asked to resubmit schedule A on March 25th 2021. So is it safe to say schedule A is for the purpose of criminality

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
You can enter Canada, do your landing and return the same day. You can ask for an extension, but it is given on a case by case basis, and you may be asked to redo your meds and / or provide additional updated documents.
Thank you for the answer, while I can travel and comeback, my wife's visa in USA is still pending for approval so she can't travel and comeback. Also due to medical reasons she is not advised to travel. Is it possible that I go before her and we ask for extension for her? Later when situation is better she can travel.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I was informed by CIC that I passed every admissibility stage except for criminality which is ongoing since I was asked to resubmit schedule A on March 25th 2021. So is it safe to say schedule A is for the purpose of criminality
Criminality is based on PCCs and the biometrics you provide. Sch A only provide the history based on which IRCC can ask for PCCs and may may do security screening on the countries you have lived in.

Also, after your provide the biometrics, they are run though RCMP and only after the RCMP report is analysed is your criminality passed.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: User2323

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the answer, while I can travel and comeback, my wife's visa in USA is still pending for approval so she can't travel and comeback. Also due to medical reasons she is not advised to travel. Is it possible that I go before her and we ask for extension for her? Later when situation is better she can travel.
I didn't quite get what you are asking. Please elaborate as I am not privy to your situation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . I had 2 queries

1. We were requested for RCMP for my spouse and have uploaded it.
The additional documents section of the application is showing a status of "Not Applicable" after loading the documents. Have been reading that most get a " Document Uploaded" or "We are processing the additional documents" status.
Do we have any reason to be concerned with the "Not Applicable" status?

2. I want to call IRCC and check on the status of my application. I had read in one of your posts, you had specified what are the different steps to ask about: : Eligibility, criminality, etc and what to ask about these steps. Tried looking for that post but could not find it.
Could you please help to list /explain what to ask the IRCC agents for the status of each of the steps, to know the correct status of the application.

As always thanks for the awesome help, advice and guidance you provide - truly appreciate it !!

1. No need to be concerned. If you have submitted the RCMP PCC as requested. To make sure that it has been added to your file, you can call IRCC or send a webform. The MyCIC status messages are only a reference guide and do not determinatively tell you anything. Also, for RCMP PCC, there is nothing to process, unlike other documents where they have to be reviewed.

2. When you call, just ask for the overall status, and for the specific status of the following stages:

Eligibility, for eligibility, ask whether is passed by a analyst / assistant or a final decision has been made by an officer and date.
Criminality
Security

If it says in progress, you can ask when was it started or initiated.

It will depend on who takes your call and how cooperative they are.

Reactions: Justmeee

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day again, @legalfalcon may you enlighten us with the process?

If a PR application has the father as the PA and his spouse and 2 kids aged 21 and 19 years old as his dependents, does the entire PR application from R10 to Security starts initially with the PA? And when the PA passes all stages, then the application process/phase moves to his dependents OR the entire application process from the start will already include the processing/verification/criminality/medicals/security of the dependents as well? Thank you again for your time.
All family member who are a part of the application have to be admissible for Criminality, security and medicals.

Along with this the PA has to show that they meet the eligibility for the program they applied under.

When an application is submitted, processing runs for all family members together. There may be instances where one family member's check take longer than other, but that is on a case by case basis.

Reactions: Justmeee

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
I didn't quite get what you are asking. Please elaborate as I am not privy to your situation.
I am on H1b visa which is approved, so I can travel to Canada and comeback. My wife's dependent visa ( H4 Visa) is still under approval. So she can't comeback to USA. Moreover, her Doctor is no recommending any travel at this point.
My question is can I alone go and do landing process, and ask for COPR / PR visa extension for her ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am on H1b visa which is approved, so I can travel to Canada and comeback. My wife's dependent visa ( H4 Visa) is still under approval. So she can't comeback to USA. Moreover, her Doctor is no recommending any travel at this point.
My question is can I alone go and do landing process, and ask for COPR / PR visa extension for her ?
You have to land in Canada before your PRv and COPR expire. If you are the PA, you can travel and land, however, IRCC and Public Health Canada is recommending that you do not travel to Canada if it is for non-discretionary purpose. Landing to just become a PR without the intent to establish residency is discretionary.

You can request IRCC and currently in most cases extensions are given.

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
@legalfalcon
I am a valid WP holder and had to emergency travel to India for a death in the family. My TRV application is pending with CPC Ottawa since January. Now I am stuck in India and not able to return back as I don't have my TRV stamped. The application has surpassed normal processing timeline. My immediate family (wife and son) didn't travel with me and are currently in Canada. I have raised two webforms (with death certificate, outbound tickets etc.) requesting for emergency processing, but there has been no movement on my file. Is there any other way to expedite the processing ? I need to return back to Canada to resume my job and rejoin my family. Please help.
Hi @legalfalcon did you get a chance to look into my query ? I am in dire straits looking for some avenue to return back to my family and job. Please help.

padaja

Mar 12, 2021
All family member who are a part of the application have to be admissible for Criminality, security and medicals.

Along with this the PA has to show that they meet the eligibility for the program they applied under.

When an application is submitted, processing runs for all family members together. There may be instances where one family member's check take longer than other, but that is on a case by case basis.
Thanks again @legalfalcon for the additional information and knowledge.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon did you get a chance to look into my query ? I am in dire straits looking for some avenue to return back to my family and job. Please help.
IRCC clearly states:

Expedited processing
At this time, no significant expedited processing requirement is foreseen; therefore, these instructions do not include specific measures for expedited processing. That said, the decision to expedite an application due to special circumstances remains at the discretion of the Migration Program Manager of the responsible IRCC office and the manager of the responsible processing office in Canada.

You should directly contact the IRCC office in India and send them your case to request expedited processing.

DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/new-delhi.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I am a pre March 2020 applicant. My COPR expired and I recently received PPR. In the recent PPR, alongside other documents they ask me to submit my height and eye color. This information is listed on my expired COPR. Is there a form for this? or can I take a print or write it on a page and send it?

Just send it on a paper, there is no specific format for it.

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
IRCC clearly states:

Expedited processing
At this time, no significant expedited processing requirement is foreseen; therefore, these instructions do not include specific measures for expedited processing. That said, the decision to expedite an application due to special circumstances remains at the discretion of the Migration Program Manager of the responsible IRCC office and the manager of the responsible processing office in Canada.

You should directly contact the IRCC office in India and send them your case to request expedited processing.

DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/new-delhi.html
Thanks @legalfalcon. The last time I talked with an agent while in Canada, my file was with CPC Ottawa. Can I still email Delhi IRCC for expedited processing ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon. The last time I talked with an agent while in Canada, my file was with CPC Ottawa. Can I still email Delhi IRCC for expedited processing ?
First of all you have to figure out where your submitted your application as an individual in Canada or outside Canada. If it was submitted as an individual in Canada then you will have to contact CPC Ottawa, if it was outside Canada, then it will be at VO in your current country of residence.

You can call IRCC and asked or your primary VO.