17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi again @legalfalcon ,
Today i receive my latest GCMS note, i read thr that and realize a small change on paper file #1
Before it was Ready for EVAL CT - Status Open https://ibb.co/Z2L6gYg
Now it is Ready for PS - Status Open https://ibb.co/3RdtpkV
But Security has not started remain the same from Feb 08 to April 08 ,2021
Any wise thought?

Thank you

Ready for Eval CT means really for evaluation and calculation of eligiblity

Ready for PS means ready for paper screening, where security will soon be initiated.

Both the notes are from CIO. See page 2 of your notes, if your security is blank then it is in progress or started.

To read on security, how it is done, when it starts, see https://bit.ly/31W1imf

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Ready for Eval CT means really for evaluation and calculation of eligiblity

Ready for PS means ready for paper screening, where security will soon be initiated.

Both the notes are from CIO. See page 2 of your notes, if your security is blank then it is in progress or started.

To read on security, how it is done, when it starts, see https://bit.ly/31W1imf
Unluckily, on page2, Security stated Not Started. Guest I have to wait 4-6month more for this to be completed. Eligibility, Criminality and Medical are all passed, only Security left but they have not started yet. :)

The deadline in Security is Oct 28, 2021, hopefully it will change as soon as they begin to view my security.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
When an application is approved, and COPR is generated, it is sent to printing queue when it is printed, and then sent to you.

Once your COPR is generated, you will see the COPR number in your MyCIC account and your MyCIC account will show your application as approved.

The COPR number starts with T followed by 9 numbers.
Okay, this is understood. And do you by chance know how long it takes to see the approval in my CIC account??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Okay, this is understood. And do you by chance know how long it takes to see the approval in my CIC account??
No one can estimate that. Things are erratic after COVID. It could be a few days, or longer.

Reactions: Temitee002

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
We have our COPR expiry in Sep 2021 and we are in USA, so exempt from travel restrictions. However due to current pandemic situations we are not quite ready to travel yet. Does IRCC grant extensions to COPRs / PRVs and is it even advisable to ask for such extensions ?
@legalfalcon any suggestion is most welcomed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
We have our COPR expiry in Sep 2021 and we are in USA, so exempt from travel restrictions. However due to current pandemic situations we are not quite ready to travel yet. Does IRCC grant extensions to COPRs / PRVs and is it even advisable to ask for such extensions ?
@legalfalcon any suggestion is most welcomed.
You can enter Canada, do your landing and return the same day. You can ask for an extension, but it is given on a case by case basis, and you may be asked to redo your meds and / or provide additional updated documents.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, first of all thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question. My app was Sept 2020 AOR batch (FSW-O USA), just ordered GCMS notes which came today. I was surprised to find out I was hit by a "eligibility not met". Going thru the notes the last comment was made @ CIO by someone starting with PB saying:

Agent review 11.2 ...... A11.2 NOT MET... Applicant submitted an offer of employment however no WP no LMIA issued...not meeting FSW minimum scores etc. etc.

Nothing else in general. I have a pending HK PCC submission which just got delivered earlier this mth.

Thing is I do have the valid offer (listed under the offer section as "received") LMIA was approved, is still valid, which was a prerequisite for the ITA in the first place (I am applying straight for PR instead of WP). What else could go wrong than a human error made by the case processing agent and what should I do at this time? Please advise. Thx again.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, first of all thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question. My app was Sept 2020 AOR batch (FSW-O USA), just ordered GCMS notes which came today. I was surprised to find out I was hit by a "eligibility not met". Going thru the notes the last comment was made @ CIO by someone starting with PB saying:

Agent review 11.2 ...... A11.2 NOT MET... Applicant submitted an offer of employment however no WP no LMIA issued...not meeting FSW minimum scores etc. etc.

Nothing else in general. I have a pending HK PCC submission which just got delivered earlier this mth.

Thing is I do have the valid offer (listed under the offer section as "received") LMIA was approved, is still valid, which was a prerequisite for the ITA in the first place (I am applying straight for PR instead of WP). What else could go wrong than a human error made by the case processing agent and what should I do at this time? Please advise. Thx again.
The eligibility note that you see is a recommendation, which will have to be reviewed by an officer before a final determination is made. You can send a webform and clarify the LMIA number and provide the documents too.

Also, make sure that your offer of employment meets the following:

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Also make sure that your order letter states that the offer is for "for at least one year after IRCC issues you a permanent resident visa"

Most likely this is an oversight, but it is always better to cross the requirements and make sure that IRCC has all documents.

Since I am not privy to your documents or the note as such, cannot say anything more.

Reactions: za_skrub

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
@legalfalcon
I am a valid WP holder and had to emergency travel to India for a death in the family. My TRV application is pending with CPC Ottawa since January. Now I am stuck in India and not able to return back as I don't have my TRV stamped. The application has surpassed normal processing timeline. My immediate family (wife and son) didn't travel with me and are currently in Canada. I have raised two webforms (with death certificate, outbound tickets etc.) requesting for emergency processing, but there has been no movement on my file. Is there any other way to expedite the processing ? I need to return back to Canada to resume my job and rejoin my family. Please help.

padaja

Mar 12, 2021
Good day again, @legalfalcon may you enlighten us with the process?

If a PR application has the father as the PA and his spouse and 2 kids aged 21 and 19 years old as his dependents, does the entire PR application from R10 to Security starts initially with the PA? And when the PA passes all stages, then the application process/phase moves to his dependents OR the entire application process from the start will already include the processing/verification/criminality/medicals/security of the dependents as well? Thank you again for your time.

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon . I had 2 queries

1. We were requested for RCMP for my spouse and have uploaded it.
The additional documents section of the application is showing a status of "Not Applicable" after loading the documents. Have been reading that most get a " Document Uploaded" or "We are processing the additional documents" status.
Do we have any reason to be concerned with the "Not Applicable" status?

2. I want to call IRCC and check on the status of my application. I had read in one of your posts, you had specified what are the different steps to ask about: : Eligibility, criminality, etc and what to ask about these steps. Tried looking for that post but could not find it.
Could you please help to list /explain what to ask the IRCC agents for the status of each of the steps, to know the correct status of the application.

As always thanks for the awesome help, advice and guidance you provide - truly appreciate it !!