+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon . A question : I noticed a GU on my Express Entry profile. It changed from "Invitation Received" to something like "Application Updated" and back to "Invitation Received".

Most people have reported updates on their Permanent Residency Application, but did not read about updates on the EE Profile.

Please advice - is it something that happens ? And I just noticed it as I was logged in ? Or does it signify anything ?

Thanks again !!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . A question : I noticed a GU on my Express Entry profile. It changed from "Invitation Received" to something like "Application Updated" and back to "Invitation Received".

Most people have reported updates on their Permanent Residency Application, but did not read about updates on the EE Profile.

Please advice - is it something that happens ? And I just noticed it as I was logged in ? Or does it signify anything ?

Thanks again !!

An update in your account, which you cannot see is colloquially referred to as ghost update. It merely reflects an update, which can be a minor one such as change of visa office or a major one, such as passing of a stage.

Many applicants see it and this is very common. Most applicants will see 5-7 such updates doing the processing of their application.

Reactions: Justmeee

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Does IRCC ask for a PCC for staying in a country for more than 180 days after AOR?
After your have submitted your application, there is no requirement of submitting any additional PCCs. However, it is at the discretion of IRCC to ask for additional PCCs, irrespective of whether you have stayed for 180 days in a country of not.

Also, if you have changed your country of residence, yo have to inform IRCC and update your new address with IRCC.

Reactions: Ahamed06

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
An update in your account, which you cannot see is colloquially referred to as ghost update. It merely reflects an update, which can be a minor one such as change of visa office or a major one, such as passing of a stage.

Many applicants see it and this is very common. Most applicants will see 5-7 such updates doing the processing of their application.
Thank you so much!! Your replies are always so prompt and perfect. Its so great that you take time to help all of us. Thanks again !!

Reactions: Dikku1111

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Legal Falcon need your opinion.

My file is under process for PNP paper applicant as outland.

My Son is including as dependant and he is studying in 4th semester of his engineering in India, due to stop processing of outland we were thinking to apply his student visa for Canada.

Need your suggestion.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon need your opinion.

My file is under process for PNP paper applicant as outland.

My Son is including as dependant and he is studying in 4th semester of his engineering in India, due to stop processing of outland we were thinking to apply his student visa for Canada.

Need your suggestion.

Thanks
You can apply for a study visa, which will be processed on its own merits.

See my previous post on this at #5,214

Reactions: Dikku1111

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
@legalfalcon
Hi, I am a CEC applicant and my current application status is all stages passed waiting for approval, AOR August 17th 2020. I have an outland non-accompanying dependent in my application and I heard that outland dependents are causing delays but I am not sure if it includes non-accompanying as well. I would like to change the status of my dependent to accompanying now but i am afraid of excess delay or even putting my app on hold. She is my daughter 7 years old. Also i am divorced but her mother doesn’t mind to sign that document. However, do you think waiting for that will take less time than if i did sponsorship for her later on?

AniG

Feb 2, 2019
Hello all and @legalfalcon. Hope you are all doing well. I am writing for the first time, as I am in need for advice.

I am an FSW outland, received a nomination from Alberta province. Country of residence is Armenia.
My AOR date is April 23, 2019.

I passed criminality, security, eligibility and medical was extended last year. No COPR yet :-( It’s been almost 2 years of waiting.

I have a few questions regarding my case. Will be grateful if you could help with advice.
  1. If I add my Canadian spouse (Canadian PR, we are not legally married yet, but live together) to my pnp application, will I be exempt from restrictions as an immediate family member?
  2. Will my application be considered as spousal and I would have to wait again in that case?
  3. Will I lose my provincial nomination if IRCC processes spousal application for me?
    Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any help received.
    Best, Ani

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi, I am a CEC applicant and my current application status is all stages passed waiting for approval, AOR August 17th 2020. I have an outland non-accompanying dependent in my application and I heard that outland dependents are causing delays but I am not sure if it includes non-accompanying as well. I would like to change the status of my dependent to accompanying now but i am afraid of excess delay or even putting my app on hold. She is my daughter 7 years old. Also i am divorced but her mother doesn’t mind to sign that document. However, do you think waiting for that will take less time than if i did sponsorship for her later on?
Not sure who is proving you with such info. there is nothing published by IRCC.

If you have a non-accompanying dependent, they have no bearing on your application. Even if they are accompanying and outside Canada, CEC applicants are receiving PPRs.

If you change the status of your dependent, you will be subject to review of your cRS score.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all and @legalfalcon. Hope you are all doing well. I am writing for the first time, as I am in need for advice.

I am an FSW outland, received a nomination from Alberta province. Country of residence is Armenia.
My AOR date is April 23, 2019.

I passed criminality, security, eligibility and medical was extended last year. No COPR yet :-( It’s been almost 2 years of waiting.

I have a few questions regarding my case. Will be grateful if you could help with advice.
  1. If I add my Canadian spouse (Canadian PR, we are not legally married yet, but live together) to my pnp application, will I be exempt from restrictions as an immediate family member?
  2. Will my application be considered as spousal and I would have to wait again in that case?
  3. Will I lose my provincial nomination if IRCC processes spousal application for me?
    Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any help received.
    Best, Ani
1. If you are not legally married, then how can you add that person as your spouse? If you are referring to adding them as common law partner, you will have to meet the threshold, and apply for AL.

2. Not sure what you mean by spousal?

AniG

Feb 2, 2019
1. If you are not legally married, then how can you add that person as your spouse? If you are referring to adding them as common law partner, you will have to meet the threshold, and apply for AL.

2. Not sure what you mean by spousal?
@legalfalcon thanks for the response.
What I am trying to understand is if we get legally married and I add my husband as a spouse, will that fact make me exempt from travel restrictions.

As for the second question, I hesitate adding him as a spouse, because I think IRCC would ask to start a spousal sponsorship application and I will lose my provincial nomination. We just don’t know what is the right thing to do at this point.
Thanks again.

gurbajsingh

Sep 13, 2019
@legalfalcon i got an email about sue day survey
I am dec 2018 aor applicant spouse outland
Waiting for decision
Got email

You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The survey is voluntary and will take about 15 minutes to complete.
What does it mean
Nothing on online portal
Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks for the response.
What I am trying to understand is if we get legally married and I add my husband as a spouse, will that fact make me exempt from travel restrictions.

As for the second question, I hesitate adding him as a spouse, because I think IRCC would ask to start a spousal sponsorship application and I will lose my provincial nomination. We just don’t know what is the right thing to do at this point.
Thanks again.
If you get married, even if you do not add your spouse to your application, you will be exempt from travel restrictions. However, you will need a visa if you do not have one. Adding a spouse to your application who is a PR or citizen, will not expedite the processing of your application.

If you get married, your current application does not get revoked. You have an option to either continue with the current application, or withdraw it and file a spousal sponsorship application.

Reactions: AniG

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
Not sure who is proving you with such info. there is nothing published by IRCC.

If you have a non-accompanying dependent, they have no bearing on your application. Even if they are accompanying and outside Canada, CEC applicants are receiving PPRs.

If you change the status of your dependent, you will be subject to review of your cRS score.
@legalfalcon Ok thank you!
I actually received an email today from Ottawa asking me about my first and last date of entry to Canada and to confirm my address and if i currently in Canada.
My first entry was as a tourist actually with a visitor visa. I then came back 2 years later as international student and resided here. My first entry as a tourist still counts correct??
I will appreciate your advise on this.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, I need your advice. My AOR is 20th July 2020, and the last note update on my file was 15 oct by case analyst and after that, it was assigned to RC-9515 (CPC - Ottawa), and further, it was not assigned to any officer as informed by Agent over the phone today. Now my file is abandoned. what can I do in this situation?

Eligibility, Info sharing, criminality - Processing
MEdical - Passed
Biometrics- 17th oct,2020