+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
@legalfalcon I was just going to send my pictures for pr card to the visa office. My file was submitted by my representative but the representative said I can mail the photos to the visa office by myself. If you can help me how to track the pr card application and will my card be sent to my representative or to me. My file has my representative’s office address as a mailing address. Thanks

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
My aor is Feb 14 2021. MEP on Feb 22 & Biometric submitted on Mar 4. No updates since then. I haven't called as I felt it might be too quick. When do you think is the right time to call ircc to know my status?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon
My aor is Feb 14 2021. MEP on Feb 22 & Biometric submitted on Mar 4. No updates since then. I haven't called as I felt it might be too quick. When do you think is the right time to call ircc to know my status?
You can call anytime but these days about 4 odd moths post AOR will be a good time to check in.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020 Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
  • Source

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
There will be no issues as long as you declare them.
Thank you @legalfalcon

I do have another question. My brother is planning to apply for a PR also, he's not in Canada.

He worked for a company for about 5 years, but that company is now closed. How should we go about with the letter of employment from the company that has closed? He only has a generic letter of employment before the company closed.

Also, for foreign work experience, do we have to provide tax document and paystubs also?

Thank you

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you @legalfalcon

I do have another question. My brother is planning to apply for a PR also, he's not in Canada.

He worked for a company for about 5 years, but that company is now closed. How should we go about with the letter of employment from the company that has closed? He only has a generic letter of employment before the company closed.

Also, for foreign work experience, do we have to provide tax document and paystubs also?

Thank you
See

Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Requirement to submit a complete electronic application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: devinakarsten

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

Thank you

As per IRCC when a work experience is declared, only the following is required:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If you are unable to meet the above stated requirements, you can meet them by showing secondary documentary evidence and explaining it in LoE.

In your brother's case, he can submit the following:

1. Any documents he has from he company.
2. Any documents showing that the company has dissolved or wound up. This info can be found for any corporate entity in the public records.
3. You can get the job duties from any former colleague, supervisor etc.
4. For salary, you can submit your paystubs, IT returns, T4s, etc.

All that matters is that the prerequisites as listed above are met either directly or indirectly and the same can be explained in the LoE.

Reactions: devinakarsten

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
This is a common question on when to call and when to request GCMS notes.

The bottom line is that it takes 10-15 months for an average application to be processed. Calling IRCC or requesting GCMS notes within 2-4 months of submission makes no sense.

All applications go though the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibillty
Security

You will see medicals passed in your MyCIC account and around the same time the R10 is also passed.

After this Strats the eligibility, which is the most important stage. It is here that you should call to see if it is passed to started.

Here is my old post that deals with when to order your GCMS notes and will give you a good idea on when to call too:

Reporting my old post on this:

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/3rYRYbT
Security: https://bit.ly/3apWglN
PNP: https://bit.ly/3sRhC3r

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I was just going to send my pictures for pr card to the visa office. My file was submitted by my representative but the representative said I can mail the photos to the visa office by myself. If you can help me how to track the pr card application and will my card be sent to my representative or to me. My file has my representative’s office address as a mailing address. Thanks

The PR card will be shipped to the address on file. If it is your address, then it will be sent to you, or else to your representative.

In most cases you can link your PR card application to your to your GC key account by clicking the link another application. If you do not have access to your GC key since you filed your application via representative, you can call IRCC after 3-5 weeks to know the status.

Also, you can send a webform to update your address so that the PR card is shipped to you and not your representative.

Reactions: puneet kanda

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

Good day. I hope to ask for your guidance on this. I’ve noticed lately that more PPRs are issued for outland express entry applicants. Given this I want to be proactive with my application by already getting an UPFRONT re-medical exam (my medical is currently expired) since in my country, there is a long line for medical and can take several weeks/months to get a schedule. Here are my questions:

1) I am FSW EE outland applicant with an expired medical due to Covid delay, is a re-medical a definite step before PPR/CoPR even if the delay was not caused by us but due to the pandemic?

2) Can I apply for an Upfront remedical? Once done, do i proactively advise VO through webform regarding my medical or do I just keep the confirmation to myself and send to VO once requested?

3) how many months is my remedical valid?

4) do you advise I take this proactive step?

Thank you again for all your help and guidance! Truly truly thankful for all that you do here!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Good day. I hope to ask for your guidance on this. I’ve noticed lately that more PPRs are issued for outland express entry applicants. Given this I want to be proactive with my application by already getting an UPFRONT re-medical exam (my medical is currently expired) since in my country, there is a long line for medical and can take several weeks/months to get a schedule. Here are my questions:

1) I am FSW EE outland applicant with an expired medical due to Covid delay, is a re-medical a definite step before PPR/CoPR even if the delay was not caused by us but due to the pandemic?

2) Can I apply for an Upfront remedical? Once done, do i proactively advise VO through webform regarding my medical or do I just keep the confirmation to myself and send to VO once requested?

3) how many months is my remedical valid?

4) do you advise I take this proactive step?

Thank you again for all your help and guidance! Truly truly thankful for all that you do here!
1) Your medicals can even be extended, and if they are not, then a re-medical request is issued. See my post on this at #13,193

2) IF you get an upfront medical done on your own accord, you will have to send the upfront sheet via webform to IRCC.

3) 12 months

4) It is entirely your choice. You can read link above and make a decision.

Reactions: PauR20

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
As per IRCC when a work experience is declared, only the following is required:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

If you are unable to meet the above stated requirements, you can meet them by showing secondary documentary evidence and explaining it in LoE.

In your brother's case, he can submit the following:

1. Any documents he has from he company.
2. Any documents showing that the company has dissolved or wound up. This info can be found for any corporate entity in the public records.
3. You can get the job duties from any former colleague, supervisor etc.
4. For salary, you can submit your paystubs, IT returns, T4s, etc.

All that matters is that the prerequisites as listed above are met either directly or indirectly and the same can be explained in the LoE.
Ok I see. Thank you so much @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

Reactions: caipsnotes

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon My entire pof is a single fixed deposit gifted by my father via an affidavit. Incase, if I want to increase the amount, can I receive another gift for a small amount from my father and deposit in a different FD.

How one should update his/her pof in case if the entire amount is gifted?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My entire pof is a single fixed deposit gifted by my father via an affidavit. Incase, if I want to increase the amount, can I receive another gift for a small amount from my father and deposit in a different FD.

How one should update his/her pof in case if the entire amount is gifted?
If you have your PoF as a gift, you can get another gift deed and have it as a fixed deposit or in your bank account and show both the FDs.

To read on PoF see https://bit.ly/36Y9tRX

Reactions: Ahamed06

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
If you have your PoF as a gift, you can get another gift deed and have it as a fixed deposit or in your bank account and show both the FDs.

To read on PoF see https://bit.ly/36Y9tRX
@legalfalcon Thank you. The pof amount is marked as MET by case processing agent & Eligibility is passed on gcms page 2. But due to currency fluctuation, the current equivalency of local currency to CAD has gone way up resulting in a diminished POF amount.

So is it a good idea to update pof and inform IRCC before the officer review begins? Your advice is much appreciated