+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Megha1617

Mar 5, 2020
@legalfalcon

I need some help urgently. I applied for CEC EE pr from Quebec as I had an intention to move out of this province. Last week I managed to get a better job opportunity with the same employer in Vancouver and will be shifting there as soon as possible.
I have applied for PR in Oct 2019 but I haven 't heard from them since then, will it be a good idea to update the address and notify them?
Also, as i have counted One year of my Quebec experience for the PR, do again I need to send them my roles and responsibilities letter? Just to be clear my NOC code remains the same, I only got promoted in that same role.

Thanks a lot

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I need some help urgently. I applied for CEC EE pr from Quebec as I had an intention to move out of this province. Last week I managed to get a better job opportunity with the same employer in Vancouver and will be shifting there as soon as possible.
I have applied for PR in Oct 2019 but I haven 't heard from them since then, will it be a good idea to update the address and notify them?
Also, as i have counted One year of my Quebec experience for the PR, do again I need to send them my roles and responsibilities letter? Just to be clear my NOC code remains the same, I only got promoted in that same role.

Thanks a lot
Did you apply as a PNP from Quebec? If you did, then read this: https://bit.ly/32TA5js

I you still have questions, feel free to ask.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon
My wife and I got a baby a couple of months ago while my file is still processing (My AOR is June 2017 - over 2.5 years now). I would like to add her to our file. Will I need to refill the generic application again with all travel history for my wife and myself? we travel a lot for work and it’s been years since AOR and would really like to avoid having to go back to every page on my passport to list it all again... is it not enough to fill the dependent’s information?

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon
Can you please help with below confusion i have ?
My WES Evaluation is as below.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Can "Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" can be considered as one year program. Would like to double check on this as one year duration is specifically not mentioned in the evaluation.

Below is the analysis I did. Can you please confirm?
As per Express Entry Website, if the WES Assessment Result [Canadian Equivalency] is "Completion of college level certificate" this can be considered as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
select a points system as CRS and then go to second page where you can see "Completion of college level certificate" can be considered as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for 84 points with spouse.

Thanks,
Janardhan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I ordered my GCMS notes a few weeks ago via Get GCMS. Does applying for GCMS notes cause ghost update?
Thanks!
In some cases it does trigger a GU, but not always. Not every applicant will see a GU. Some never receive any GU and straight get a PPR.

Reactions: vivosvoco

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
My wife and I got a baby a couple of months ago while my file is still processing (My AOR is June 2017 - over 2.5 years now). I would like to add her to our file. Will I need to refill the generic application again with all travel history for my wife and myself? we travel a lot for work and it’s been years since AOR and would really like to avoid having to go back to every page on my passport to list it all again... is it not enough to fill the dependent’s information?
Send a CSE and inform IRCC that you want to add your child. IRCC will send you a list of required forms and documents that you have to submit.

Fbalancer

Feb 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon.

So, I have an issue my WES evaluation and was wondering if you could suggest any recourse.

WES Canada has evaluated my two degrees as a Bachelor (3-years) and a Bachelor (4-years). The free tool they provide had the same evaluation.

WES US, however, evaluates them as a Bachelor and a Masters degree.

Now, this could be due to some genuine differences between the way the two countries evaluate Indian education, or this could be a strange sort of bug. I'm leaning towards the latter. I've sent them a mail regarding the discrepancy and will try to connect with them over call next week.

Is there any other channel you suggest that I could use to highlight this issue?

Thanks!

Ps. Could be a bug with WES US, but I hope not!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon.

So, I have an issue my WES evaluation and was wondering if you could suggest any recourse.

WES Canada has evaluated my two degrees as a Bachelor (3-years) and a Bachelor (4-years). The free tool they provide had the same evaluation.

WES US, however, evaluates them as a Bachelor and a Masters degree.

Now, this could be due to some genuine differences between the way the two countries evaluate Indian education, or this could be a strange sort of bug. I'm leaning towards the latter. I've sent them a mail regarding the discrepancy and will try to connect with them over call next week.

Is there any other channel you suggest that I could use to highlight this issue?

Thanks!

Ps. Could be a bug with WES US, but I hope not!
WES US and Canada use two entirely different ways to evaluate your education credentials. WES US is giving you the evaluation, comparing your education with that of the US and WES Canada is doing it for Canada.

Since the education systems of US and Canada are different, you will see a difference in the final report. However, you can also get an evaluation done by International Credential Evaluation Service, International Credential Assessment Service of Canada, or International Qualifications Assessment Service

Many applicants have seen different results from WES and IQAS. As per immigration law, IRCC will consider the assessment provided by any of them, and they will take it as is.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I got a civil transit violation ticket previously, and was stopped for a few minutes on the street to receive that ticket. In my e-APR, I answered YES to the statutory question of "Has XXX been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?", because I was not sure about the definition of detained (certainly I was not thrown in jail). I gave a brief explanation right below that question, and I also included my credit card statement in my LOE to show the payment made in full.

Now IRCC has issued an ADR, and the exact words are:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 (My UCI & Name)
 Client Information: You answered yes on schedule A to the question: Been detained, incarcerated or put in jail? Please provide more details or documentation. This must be received at this office by: (deadline)

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

My questions are:
  1. Judging from the wording, is it possible that the VO did not see the explanation I entered in my e-APR as well as the credit card statement in my LOE (my LOE was very lengthy...)? Also I never filled out schedule A, so I don't know why it is mentioned here.
  2. What should I provide now except for explaining it and attaching the statement again? The only official document I seem to be able to apply is a disposition from the transit bureau, but it will only prove that I paid the civil fine in full, and it has nothing to do with clarifying "not being detained".
Thank you so very much!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I got a civil transit violation ticket previously, and was stopped for a few minutes on the street to receive that ticket. In my e-APR, I answered YES to the statutory question of "Has XXX been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?", because I was not sure about the definition of detained (certainly I was not thrown in jail). I gave a brief explanation right below that question, and I also included my credit card statement in my LOE to show the payment made in full.

Now IRCC has issued an ADR, and the exact words are:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 (My UCI & Name)
 Client Information: You answered yes on schedule A to the question: Been detained, incarcerated or put in jail? Please provide more details or documentation. This must be received at this office by: (deadline)

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

My questions are:
  1. Judging from the wording, is it possible that the VO did not see the explanation I entered in my e-APR as well as the credit card statement in my LOE (my LOE was very lengthy...)? Also I never filled out schedule A, so I don't know why it is mentioned here.
  2. What should I provide now except for explaining it and attaching the statement again? The only official document I seem to be able to apply is a disposition from the transit bureau, but it will only prove that I paid the civil fine in full, and it has nothing to do with clarifying "not being detained".
Thank you so very much!
First of, you need to mention which country you are referring to. Each country has its own traffic laws, and some violations can range of a minor infraction to a major crime.

As regards Canadian Immigration goes, all applicants have to go through criminal inadmissibility. If an applicant has committed a serious criminal offence which is also there in the Canadian Criminal Code, then the applicant will be inadmissible, unless there is deemed rehabilitation or Individual rehabilitation.

Since you have not mention the country you were stopped, the offence you were ticketed for, this is all I can say.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
First of, you need to mention which country you are referring to. Each country has its own traffic laws, and some violations can range of a minor infraction to a major crime.

As regards Canadian Immigration goes, all applicants have to go through criminal inadmissibility. If an applicant has committed a serious criminal offence which is also there in the Canadian Criminal Code, then the applicant will be inadmissible, unless there is deemed rehabilitation or Individual rehabilitation.

Since you have not mention the country you were stopped, the offence you were ticketed for, this is all I can say.
Hi @legalfalcon
Thank you. It happened in New York. From what I know, fare evasion can be punished either by civil penalty (fine of $100) or a class A misdemeanor in NY. I received the former, which was handled by the transit bureau (not even the civil court). My FBI PCC has no criminal record.

Also, I looked it up in Canadian Criminal Code, and it seems that fare evasion can be punished by a summary conviction (S. 393 (3)). Does it mean that even though my penalty is civil in the US, Canada can/will choose to assess it as a crime punishable by a summary conviction?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Thank you. It happened in New York. From what I know, fare evasion can be punished either by civil penalty (fine of $100) or a class A misdemeanor in NY. I received the former, which was handled by the transit bureau (not even the civil court). My FBI PCC has no criminal record.

Also, I looked it up in Canadian Criminal Code, and it seems that fare evasion can be punished by a summary conviction (S. 393 (3)). Does it mean that even though my penalty is civil in the US, Canada can/will choose to assess it as a crime punishable by a summary conviction?
If you had a civil penalty, which is equal to a summary conviction then you are not inadmissible due to criminality. Also, in the statutory questions, you didn't have to answer yes. You just complicated it for yourself.

You can explain this in your response.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
If you had a civil penalty, which is equal to a summary conviction then you are not inadmissible due to criminality. Also, in the statutory questions, you didn't have to answer yes. You just complicated it for yourself.

You can explain this in your response.
I see, and by "explaining this", do you mean I can state how fare evasion is punished in NY in my response?
Also, would you recommend that I get the disposition? (even though it can only prove that I paid the fine in full, which I can already do using my credit card statement.)
Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I see, and by "explaining this", do you mean I can state how fare evasion is punished in NY in my response?
Also, would you recommend that I get the disposition? (even though it can only prove that I paid the fine in full, which I can already do using my credit card statement.)
Thank you.
You do not have to go this far. Simply state that you answered yes to the statutory questions as you were stopped for the offence [cite it] under section [] of the NY code (if you know the code). Then go on to describe that you paid the fine and that was it.

You do not have to explain that how it is punished, since you are not a lawyer licensed in NY, and neither do you know the technicalities or are expected to. So just keep it simple and leave it.