Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please help! I applied for PR as legally separated, got divorced in the meanwhile and updated CIC through a webform and received an acknowledgment too. My issue is: I just received my COPR, and it still says separated. While I was planning to get it corrected at landing, some others advised the mailing VO office which I did. I have my tickets done, and my classes start soon. I was planning to start the sponsorship of my non-accompanying child as soon as I land. Please help! Is it fine to get this corrected at landing since as legally separated my ex was already excluded from the application and I had notified of final divorce back in November itself? Will landing as separated affect my sponsorship of child application?

Please help!
Thank you!
It does not matter. Since you have already provided your divorce documents to IRCC, they would have taken that into consideration.
You can do your landing without any issues and there is no need to get anything corrected.

Reactions: Iamgonnamakeit2019

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
@legalfalcon

I created my EE profile on Dec 29 which provided me a valid eligible EE profile . Later after 1 week I had to update my NOC and when I updated I received an email mentioning my profile is ineligible. Not sure what went wrong. Just EE profile was submitted and no ITA received as CRS was less.

So on 8 Jan I created new EE profile and submitted the same (without mentioning my old EE profile no anywhere in new profile)
When I created new EE profile, I selected "Has you applied to Immigration, Refugees and CC before?- I selected "NO” .

So whether on later stage once I receive ITA , do ineligibility of old EE profile will create any issue and will lead to rejection of my application once i submit /upload all documents?

Or do I need to mention that old EE profile no and reason for ineligible of same in LOE?

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
@legalfalcon or anyone who has experienced similar case:
My AOR is 20th August , I am in Paris Visa Office, I have received ADR for additional PCC for my wife, even if her stay in that country is less than 06 months. (I am the main applicant)

Does it give any hint on where my file is standing ? everything passed but Security ? Eligibilty not yet started ?

I will try to provide this PCC in less than two weeks as it is not easy to get, I hope to hear something back in less than 04 weeks as my medical will expire in March.

Thanks for your inputs

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I created my EE profile on Dec 29 which provided me a valid eligible EE profile . Later after 1 week I had to update my NOC and when I updated I received an email mentioning my profile is ineligible. Not sure what went wrong. Just EE profile was submitted and no ITA received as CRS was less.

So on 8 Jan I created new EE profile and submitted the same (without mentioning my old EE profile no anywhere in new profile)
When I created new EE profile, I selected "Has you applied to Immigration, Refugees and CC before?- I selected "NO” .

So whether on later stage once I receive ITA , do ineligibility of old EE profile will create any issue and will lead to rejection of my application once i submit /upload all documents?

Or do I need to mention that old EE profile no and reason for ineligible of same in LOE?
Your old profile will have to bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere.

You only apply to IRCC when you receive an ITA and file a complete application with supporting documents and pay a fee.

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Your old profile will have to bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere.

You only apply to IRCC when you receive an ITA and file a complete application with supporting documents and pay a fee.

@legalfalcon .. I didn't understood first line "Your old profile will have to bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere."

Do you want to say that old profile will effect my current profile ??

stigger

Jun 2, 2019
@legalfalcon, Just a quick question. My file is in RR for 10 months now (April AOR). My GCMS notes says that im in review for POF. The case officer saw the word "investment" on the letter and put in in RR. I have gone ahead and sent them updated letters that says that my money 15,000K is fully unencumbered and free. I have also sent them my Canadian employment letter to demonstrate that i'm already settled and an additional 9,000k that i have in my account in canada. So in all i've shown them 24,000 CAD. What Else can i do to prove to them that my funds is ready and available?

Thanks for your advice.

Ans123

May 22, 2018
Good day @legalfalcon and well done for your contributions.

Pls my question is: can one use a full time job experience gained while studying part time on weeknds .

I have an ND and HND but after my ND I worked full time while studying for my HND.

Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon .. I didn't understood first line "Your old profile will have to bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere."

Do you want to say that old profile will effect my current profile ??

Sorry for the typo:

your old profile will have "NO" bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, Just a quick question. My file is in RR for 10 months now (April AOR). My GCMS notes says that im in review for POF. The case officer saw the word "investment" on the letter and put in in RR. I have gone ahead and sent them updated letters that says that my money 15,000K is fully unencumbered and free. I have also sent them my Canadian employment letter to demonstrate that i'm already settled and an additional 9,000k that i have in my account in canada. So in all i've shown them 24,000 CAD. What Else can i do to prove to them that my funds is ready and available?

Thanks for your advice.
I am reposting one of my older posts:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon and well done for your contributions.

Pls my question is: can one use a full time job experience gained while studying part time on weeknds .

I have an ND and HND but after my ND I worked full time while studying for my HND.

Thanks in advance
If your work experience was gained outside Canada, and even if it was while you were studying, you can use it to claim points for work experience.

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Good day @legalfalcon Thanks for such great info
Recently, I got App update or what is called- Ghost Update on 24 Jan 2020- upon calling agent said no sure why that happened
Status is :
PNP-OID-SINP
AOR May -2019
Eligibility pass- OCT
ADR- Sech and PCC- and the BG changed from IP2 ( we are processing ) to be IP1( your application in progress) / NOV
Silence till this Ghost update
Any idea what might this App update/ Ghost Update indicates? I orederd notes but still never arrived

Thanks and appreciate your help

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry for the typo:

your old profile will have "NO" bearing on your current profile and you will not be required to mention it anywhere."

Next part of query is -

While creating second profile (After first profile became ineligible) I selected "No" for Ques - Whether you had applied for IRCC before ?
As passport number in both the applications were same. Can it be considered as misrepresentation of fact?

If Yes, then in such case should I mention the first profile UCI / EE number in LOE separately along with reason for ineligibility like, forgot to modify NOC code at the top of work history?

Thatguy25

Nov 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon thanks for helping all of us and providing details when we don't have anywhere to go, Need your valuable advice on my case, it's been 16+ months from AOR. Have applied 4 GCMS notes and 1 CBSA from getgcms, last gcms notes still pending (IRCC asked 90 day extension)

AOR: 25 Sep 2018, FSW, family of 2, while applying I (primary) in US and spouse in India, medical is expired but no action needed.
I had lived in Mexico in the past so getting a PCC happened after AOR which itself took 4-5 months.
GCMS notes 1 (March 2019) revealed- 10.2 completed pending for Mexico PCC
GCMS notes 2 (June 2019): A 11.2 done, ready to finalize and Eligibility appears met, case analyst review, it also had s 16.1 c in 2-3 blank pages

So I ordered CBSA and GCMS again in Sep 2019- CBSA received in a month but nothing on security and criminality- it mentioned not started, GCMS came after 3 months and again it had s 16.1c in the right side of notes section but security/criminality as not started.

In March 2019 I had to move to India for 5 months- I updated IRCC by mail and web form for change of address and I moved back to US in Aug 2019 and again informed IRCC by mail/web-form.

Also our file moved from Ottawa to LA (US) office in June 2019 and again to New York office (US) in Dec 2019, as per agent on phone and somewhere in GCMS notes section it said work load distribution, I explicitly asked agent and he said its usual and offices share file mainly due to work load.

On mailing Ottawa VO office they always tell its in a queue for a review by an officer and nothing is needed by them.

My question is what should we do? and why it's taking so much time? now even GCMS notes take so much time, should I order CBSA notes again or what else can we do? We periodically drop a mail/webform though LA/NY office never respond but sometimes Ottawa office reply and they always say it's in queue.

Is there any other option to get updates and I read the blog in gcms on 16.1c so probably it's in security but still its been a long time and they have all PCC from countries I stayed in (India, US, Mexico), also the first CBSA notes didn't revealed anything so why so much time in this activity.

So, please provide if you have any suggestions and next steps on our case.
Thank you in advance and hoping to get your suggestions on this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon Thanks for such great info
Recently, I got App update or what is called- Ghost Update on 24 Jan 2020- upon calling agent said no sure why that happened
Status is :
PNP-OID-SINP
AOR May -2019
Eligibility pass- OCT
ADR- Sech and PCC- and the BG changed from IP2 ( we are processing ) to be IP1( your application in progress) / NOV
Silence till this Ghost update
Any idea what might this App update/ Ghost Update indicates? I orederd notes but still never arrived

Thanks and appreciate your help
A ghost update merely suggests that there is a movement. It could be as mundane as a transfer of office, to an update of a stage. You will have to see your GCMS notes to know why it happened.

Reactions: GeoV

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Next part of query is -

While creating second profile (After first profile became ineligible) I selected "No" for Ques - Whether you had applied for IRCC before ?
As passport number in both the applications were same. Can it be considered as misrepresentation of fact?

If Yes, then in such case should I mention the first profile UCI / EE number in LOE separately along with reason for ineligibility like, forgot to modify NOC code at the top of work history?

No. This is not misrepresentation.