+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

chep5622

Feb 22, 2020
yes, the tricky part is i did not meet when I received the ITA but will meet when i submit the e-Apr.
I've seen quite a few people here saying that they were in the same situation as you but got their applications approved. However I have also seen people saying their applications were denied because the criteria were not met at the time of receiving ITA. My lawyer also told me he had heard cases being denied for the same reason from other lawyers.

It seems like different immigration officers view this differently. You may be fine or not. I am just sharing what I saw and what my lawyer said, but you have to make the decision yourself. Good luck!

HelloCanada_2020

Mar 4, 2020
I've seen quite a few people here saying that they were in the same situation as you but got their applications approved. However I have also seen people saying their applications were denied because the criteria were not met at the time of receiving ITA. My lawyer also told me he had heard cases being denied for the same reason from other lawyers.

It seems like different immigration officers view this differently. You may be fine or not. I am just sharing what I saw and what my lawyer said, but you have to make the decision yourself. Good luck!
from what i have been reading so far, while receiving the ITA, if the criteria was not met in the 1st yr then there are high chances of rejection as the MEC is not met. But for 2yrs wrk experience the MEC is being met. So not sure what should be done.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
@legalfalcon wanted to ask in what circumstances can one be called in for an interview? Have applied for my husband's PR. We applied in February 2019, and passed the criminality already as per the GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon wanted to ask in what circumstances can one be called in for an interview? Have applied for my husband's PR. We applied in February 2019, and passed the criminality already as per the GCMS notes.
There is no one reason for why a person may be calling for an interview. It can range from a random selection, to verification of relationship between spouse, the authenticity of an individual and his credentials etc. The reason for the interview is never disclosed, neither in the GCMS notes not in the letter sent to an applicant. This is because IRCC does not want to tell the reason, so that he / she may be prepared.

The relevant para from the interview letter states:

Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all accompanying family members appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. A personal interview may be required as part of the examination process. Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This means that the applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that they are unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
@legalfalcon thank you for your immediate reply, definitely helps.

Is it a scary sign or sth to be worried of? Also he has been called in for an interview alone, nth regarding my presence was mentioned in the letter that we received. Also any tips of what to expect?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for your immediate reply, definitely helps.

Is it a scary sign or sth to be worried of? Also he has been called in for an interview alone, nth regarding my presence was mentioned in the letter that we received. Also any tips of what to expect?
Most interviews are usually a random pick. There is no need to be concerned. Just carry the documents that IRCC wants, and be calm. Most interviews are just a few questions about your application, education and job. Lasts 10-20 minutes, and usually is the last step before the application is approved.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
Most interviews are usually a random pick. There is no need to be concerned. Just carry the documents that IRCC wants, and be calm. Most interviews are just a few questions about your application, education and job. Lasts 10-20 minutes, and usually is the last step before the application is approved.
That is such a relief, thank you so much. And in our case, when they haven't told us the reason of the intreview or what documents to carry along, should we just keep the application pack or any addition documents as well?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
That is such a relief, thank you so much. And in our case, when they haven't told us the reason of the intreview or what documents to carry along, should we just keep the application pack or any addition documents as well?
Carry all documents that were submitted with your application just in case the interviewing officer wants to see them.

Rock999

Sep 14, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon , My AOR is 10th Oct - CEC inland application . My application is still in progress. Any thoughts if IRCC will still process PR application during ongoing COVID19 issues. The reason why I asked is, I have submitted additional LOE for review required status. So I am really concerned about it now. Please advice. Thank you

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon, I have received my GCMS note today and Eligibility is met while others are not started. My AOR is 25/11/2019 and it seems like my case is moving quite slow. I have read many comments and people seem to confuse between Eligibility met and passed. Are they the same or not?

Here is the detailed of the note on my GCMS
"NOTE 1
Created date 2020/01/09
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT: PNP: FSW, I have reviewed this application ... RECOMMENDATION: A11.2: MET R87: APPEARS TO MEET R76" Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET - FUNDS ARE MET MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize ---- PNP NOMINATION ... Foreign Work Experience - Verified - Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC - YES
NOTE 2
Label: Adm/Criminality
Text: ***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATE OFFICER: FOR REVIEW 1 - Australia police certificate provided-NRT: Review required Edocs:000000 CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED"

Does it seem fine so far? Thank you!!!

oddy4real

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon, I have received my GCMS note today and Eligibility is met while others are not started. My AOR is 25/11/2019 and it seems like my case is moving quite slow. I have read many comments and people seem to confuse between Eligibility met and passed. Are they the same or not?

"NOTE 1
Created date 2020/01/09
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT: PNP: FSW, I have reviewed this application ... RECOMMENDATION: A11.2: MET R87: APPEARS TO MEET R76" Selection Criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET - FUNDS ARE MET MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize ---- PNP NOMINATION ... Foreign Work Experience - Verified - Job Description consistent with lead statement and main duties of declared NOC - YES
NOTE 2
Text: ***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATE OFFICER: FOR REVIEW 1 - Australia police certificate provided-NRT: Review required Edocs:000000 CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED"

'Ready to Finalize'.

Congratulations

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , My AOR is 10th Oct - CEC inland application . My application is still in progress. Any thoughts if IRCC will still process PR application during ongoing COVID19 issues. The reason why I asked is, I have submitted additional LOE for review required status. So I am really concerned about it now. Please advice. Thank you

Most IRCC offices are closed or working with essential staff only. Some employees are working form home, but IRCC is not working at 100%. Their operational capability has decreased.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

"NOTE 1
Created date 2020/01/09
Text:
NOTE 2

To know the exact status, you will have to see your note. As per the note, your eligibility has been passed by a case processing agent, but yet to be finalized by an officer.

Eligibility takes place in two stages. First a case analyst / assistant will review your documents and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed, review required, met etc. Then an officer will review it and make a final determination. Only after the officer makes a final determination, is the eligibility finally passed. Only after the eligibility is passed, will the security commence.

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
To know the exact status, you will have to see your note. As per the note, your eligibility has been passed by a case processing agent, but yet to be finalized by an officer.

Eligibility takes place in two stages. First a case analyst / assistant will review your documents and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed, review required, met etc. Then an officer will review it and make a final determination. Only after the officer makes a final determination, is the eligibility finally passed. Only after the eligibility is passed, will the security commence.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Another note also indicated that one of my fingers during the biometric process was of very poor quality and the photograph taken was a bit blurry.

Is there anything I can do about this or just let it be and see if the case officer may contact me later?