+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hello @legalfalcon , I have a weird question. Can we have an active EE profile alongside current PR Application? My cousin had a pnp based on job offer but that company is closing soon, which will result in his nomination getting cancelled and he have to withdraw PR Application as well.

Now he wants to create a EE without a job offer, so In case he gets EOI for a PNP, he can withdraw current application and apply for new PNP to be on safe side.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , I have a weird question. Can we have an active EE profile alongside current PR Application? My cousin had a pnp based on job offer but that company is closing soon, which will result in his nomination getting cancelled and he have to withdraw PR Application as well.

Now he wants to create a EE without a job offer, so In case he gets EOI for a PNP, he can withdraw current application and apply for new PNP to be on safe side.
Yes, there is nothing that bars you from having an active EE profile while your PR application is in progress.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , thanks again for taking the time to answer these questions. I will be receiving 100% of my funds as a gift deed from my parent. I have seen conflicting information on these forums as to whether creating a fixed deposit is a MUST once those funds are in my account, or can I just leave the settlement funds as liquid in my bank account? Is there any benefit to making an FD in the eyes of IRCC?

You can receive 100% of your fund via gift. There is nothing in law that prohibits you from doing so.

All that matters is that the gift is a genuine gift, out of love and affection, I.e. from your parents or s sibling, and and that you do not have any liability to return it. It can be deposited in your bank account, or you can show it as a FD. Having a FD is not mandatory.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Yes, there is nothing that bars you from having an active EE profile while your PR application is in progress.
Thank you @legalfalcon, much appreciated. I have another question and would like to get your advice.

I applied for IEC-Working Holiday visa this year and used an old medical which I got done last year. In my letter of introduction, the validity to enter Canada is in July 2023 but Medical Expires 15 January 2023. Now I'm planning to enter March 2023, Will I get a remedical Request? if not, do I need to inform IRCC about the new medical and wait for it to be passed or something similar? I have tried to get answer over webform and IRCC website but no luck.

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon, I appreciate the support you give us here.

Please I have a question on bank statements. I made a bulk deposit into my bank account before I printed my statement. Funds are mine (source - personal salary). The bank does not include monthly averages or email address on their letters.

What I have done:
Added an LOE explaining I usually keep my money in online wallets,
Attached the bank cover letter showing the necessary funds.
Attached 6 months statement.
Attached payslips showing I have received in salary payments an amount greater than the bulk amount.
Attached an eStatement (self printed) to show when I had salary inflows into my account.

Does this suffice? Anything you would recommend or advice on how I should phrase my LOE?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, I appreciate the support you give us here.

Please I have a question on bank statements. I made a bulk deposit into my bank account before I printed my statement. Funds are mine (source - personal salary). The bank does not include monthly averages or email address on their letters.

What I have done:
Added an LOE explaining I usually keep my money in online wallets,
Attached the bank cover letter showing the necessary funds.
Attached 6 months statement.
Attached payslips showing I have received in salary payments an amount greater than the bulk amount.
Attached an eStatement (self printed) to show when I had salary inflows into my account.

Does this suffice? Anything you would recommend or advice on how I should phrase my LOE?
The above should suffice. You can also show the withdrawal of the same amounts from your salary account that have been deposited into the account for which you are showing for PoF.

Reactions: monsieurd

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,
You can receive 100% of your fund via gift. There is nothing in law that prohibits you from doing so.

All that matters is that the gift is a genuine gift, out of love and affection, I.e. from your parents or s sibling, and and
Dear @legalfalcon, really appreciate you having taken the time to reply.

I was wondering, is it ok to pay e-APR + RPRF + biometrics fees with a friend or relative’s credit card? I will be submitting my e-APR in about a day or two. I’ve seen several people ask questions about the name on the receipt, where exactly do we need fill up those details post payment?
Thanks so much again and happy new year!

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
The above should suffice. You can also show the withdrawal of the same amounts from your salary account that have been deposited into the account for which you are showing for PoF.
Thanks a lot. I'll do that.

EDIT - I have submitted my application at the moment. However, question still persists, if any thoughts to make it better, I'll raise a CRE. Thanks.

I have another question on work history

I was hired by a parent company but moved to their subsidiary after a few months.
I entered work history on express entry with parent company information. Is that ok?

My work reference letter is from the subsidiary. My director (working in parent company) did note in the reference letter that the subsidiary was part of the parent company. In summary I have these documents:

• Reference Letter (subsidiary letterhead)
  • Letter of Appointment (parent)
  • Employment Agreement (parent)
  • Work Permit (subsidiary)
  • Payslips (subsidiary)
In reality, there is no difference between the subsidiary and parent, the whole subsidiary thing was created to rejig corporate structure so our team could work independently. The subsidiary no longer exists. I've noted all this in LOE. I work somewhere else now, people have moved, relationships have faded, so it wont be possible to get a reference letter from the parent company.

Please what do you think/advise?

Last edited:

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

Hope you are doing well.
First of all, I really appreciate the help you provide in answering our queries.
I need your advise on my situation.
My PR card (first time) shows approved and mailed on 30th Nov. in CIC account however, I havent received it yet.
How can I contact them to check the status of my card ?(currently outside Canada).

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon , I was pointed here by one of the kind members of the forum; thank you for the amazing work you do here! I know the holiday period is a hectic one, but I would very much appreciate it if you could give me a few pointers regarding my case.

I'm currently in Canada and have been approved as a permanent resident since September 21, 2022 (Confirmed by GCMS notes received on Dec 9, 2022). Originally, a COPR was issued to be picked up at the border, but since I got to Canada before it was issued, it was then "converted" to an Online landing procedure.

I then declared my address and gave my photos while in Canada. My VO is Calgary. It's known to have had backlog problems for a while now, as per reading other forum posts. Case in point, I haven't received my eCOPR after almost 3 months.

I just finished a student exchange and must leave the country, as my tourist status is slowly coming to an end and have stuff to tie up elsewhere in the immediate future (status that you enter the country with when you're from a visa exempt country and your exchange is < 6 months).

However, I could probably hold out for a few more months. Do you think it would be wise to stay in Canada until the eCOPR is issued or inform IRCC from the outside to try for a landing procedure from the outside, once again?
Update:

Left Canada despite not receiving advise on the situation cause life's too short right? Got my eCOPR on January 5th, 2023 with no problems. Waiting on PR card which will be forwarded to me, which I will then use to enter Canada on the way back.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Hope you are doing well.
First of all, I really appreciate the help you provide in answering our queries.
I need your advise on my situation.
My PR card (first time) shows approved and mailed on 30th Nov. in CIC account however, I havent received it yet.
How can I contact them to check the status of my card ?(currently outside Canada).

Check with the address you provided and you can send a web form and also call.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot. I'll do that.

EDIT - I have submitted my application at the moment. However, question still persists, if any thoughts to make it better, I'll raise a CRE. Thanks.

I have another question on work history

I was hired by a parent company but moved to their subsidiary after a few months.
I entered work history on express entry with parent company information. Is that ok?

My work reference letter is from the subsidiary. My director (working in parent company) did note in the reference letter that the subsidiary was part of the parent company. In summary I have these documents:

• Reference Letter (subsidiary letterhead)
  • Letter of Appointment (parent)
  • Employment Agreement (parent)
  • Work Permit (subsidiary)
  • Payslips (subsidiary)
In reality, there is no difference between the subsidiary and parent, the whole subsidiary thing was created to rejig corporate structure so our team could work independently. The subsidiary no longer exists. I've noted all this in LOE. I work somewhere else now, people have moved, relationships have faded, so it wont be possible to get a reference letter from the parent company.

Please what do you think/advise?
All that matters is that IRCC should be able to call your employer and very your employment. Whether you worked for a parent or subsidiary is irrelevant.

Also, your work reference letter should meet the criteria set by IRCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Dear @legalfalcon, really appreciate you having taken the time to reply.

I was wondering, is it ok to pay e-APR + RPRF + biometrics fees with a friend or relative’s credit card? I will be submitting my e-APR in about a day or two. I’ve seen several people ask questions about the name on the receipt, where exactly do we need fill up those details post payment?
Thanks so much again and happy new year!
You can use any credit card, be it your own, or anyone' else's. It does not matter.

Reactions: Zephyrstraint

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for your reply, much appreciated
If I apply for PRTD will it be rejected?, as I landed for two weeks and Left Canada.
Now I want to re-enter.
Why would your PRTD be rejected? You are a PR and have the right to apply for a PRTD. What significance it has whether you lived in Canada for 1 day or 2 weeks?

What matters is your status, and if you have it, your application for PRTD will be approved.

Reactions: Yumna