+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

jordanpom

Sep 2, 2022
Howdy @legalfalcon. My IEC visa will expire in less than 60 days.

Do I need to have submitted a completed PR application to apply for a BOWP?

Can I apply with just a skilled job offer with a positive LMIA assessment? If not, are there any other work permits I may be eligible for?

Rahuljoshi

Jul 12, 2020
@legalfalcon : I am planning to travel to Canada during September end of this year to undertake my landing since I have received my one time entry visa along with the COPR docs. Since I will be a PR after I land and I am assuming it will take some time for me to register with a GP, I am thinking whether I should take medical insurance for the time I will be in Canada. Do you know whether there is a turnaround time to be able to register with a GP after you land and is it wise to take a medical insurance in such scenarios? I am planning to land and come back to my current country of residence after some time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I am planning to travel to Canada during September end of this year to undertake my landing since I have received my one time entry visa along with the COPR docs. Since I will be a PR after I land and I am assuming it will take some time for me to register with a GP, I am thinking whether I should take medical insurance for the time I will be in Canada. Do you know whether there is a turnaround time to be able to register with a GP after you land and is it wise to take a medical insurance in such scenarios? I am planning to land and come back to my current country of residence after some time.
Health is a provincial matter and each province has different rules. It will depend on which Province you wish to settle in, and you will have to register with the heath services for the province. Even after you register and have a health card, it can take a few weeks to a few months to get a GP.

Until then, you can go to any walk-in clinics.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Howdy @legalfalcon. My IEC visa will expire in less than 60 days.

Do I need to have submitted a completed PR application to apply for a BOWP?

Can I apply with just a skilled job offer with a positive LMIA assessment? If not, are there any other work permits I may be eligible for?
The eligibility for BOWP is

To be eligible, you must

• live in Canada (and intend to live outside Quebec) at the time you apply for your BOWP
    • You can leave Canada while we process your application.
    • However, if you leave Canada after your work permit expires, you can’t work until your new application is approved.
  • either
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete applicationfor permanent residence and passed the completeness check
    • Submitting a profile to the pool is not the same as applying for permanent residence.
    • Make sure you understand how Express Entry works.
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • We send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Valdien

May 3, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I'm claiming points for foreign work experience (gained in Australia), and one of my past employers did not give me a reference letter according to IRCC's requirements. Instead of mentioning my job duties within the letter itself, the HR department provided a separate position description file which is 5 pages long. The reference letter does explicitly mention that my job duties can be found in the "attached position description" and I also had my ex-supervisor sign the fifth page of the document with a date, his phone number and e-mail address. When I originally sent out an e-mail requesting for a letter, I had mentioned IRCC's guidelines and even attached a sample document showcasing how the letter should be formatted. I've also included my last two pay slips + income statement and my Australian NOA tax.

Would I need to provide a letter of explanation as to why the reference letter doesn't include my job duties?

Thank you,
-Valdien

Sep 6, 2022
Dear @legalfalcon , our AOR is March 2021, FSW-O. I and my wife received ADR for newly completed and signed Schedule A in end June 2022. We submitted completed Schedule A in end July 2022. Three weeks later we realized that we had submitted form eIMM5664- Schedule A instead of form IMM5664- Schedule A. I immediately filled out IMM5664, wrote a letter explaining inadvertent error and sent it via CSE/ webform. Is there anything else we can do? Will our application be refused for filling the wrong form? Please guide. Thank you!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I saw a strange update on IRCC portal requesting a document called as "Client Information" and no idea what they were asking. So I sent an email to my VO and asked if I need to submit anything. They responded quickly saying that they are only waiting on my wife's Biometrics and said they sent it to my online portal 45 days ago. It was surprise to me as I checked my portal and I don't see the BIL. I checked my email and spam too, but nothing. In that e-mail IRCC officer told me to complete the biometrics if we haven't done it yet. My question is IRCC clearly did not send me the BIL and today is the first time I am seeing it that too they sent me when I enquired about something else. I went ahead and booked an biometrics appointment. Its more than 30 days already and my Biometrics appointment is two weeks from now. My question is would IRCC reject my application due to this? Appreciate your response.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I saw a strange update on IRCC portal requesting a document called as "Client Information" and no idea what they were asking. So I sent an email to my VO and asked if I need to submit anything. They responded quickly saying that they are only waiting on my wife's Biometrics and said they sent it to my online portal 45 days ago. It was surprise to me as I checked my portal and I don't see the BIL. I checked my email and spam too, but nothing. In that e-mail IRCC officer told me to complete the biometrics if we haven't done it yet. My question is IRCC clearly did not send me the BIL and today is the first time I am seeing it that too they sent me when I enquired about something else. I went ahead and booked an biometrics appointment. Its more than 30 days already and my Biometrics appointment is two weeks from now. My question is would IRCC reject my application due to this? Appreciate your response.
Hi @legalfalcon , I have been given extension. Thanks.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , our AOR is March 2021, FSW-O. I and my wife received ADR for newly completed and signed Schedule A in end June 2022. We submitted completed Schedule A in end July 2022. Three weeks later we realized that we had submitted form eIMM5664- Schedule A instead of form IMM5664- Schedule A. I immediately filled out IMM5664, wrote a letter explaining inadvertent error and sent it via CSE/ webform. Is there anything else we can do? Will our application be refused for filling the wrong form? Please guide. Thank you!
As long as you you filed the correct form with an explanation, you will be fine.

abei1246

Jun 23, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon thanks in advance for your advice (and your support on this forum!)

I recently applied for PR via EE PNP. Does this mean I will not receive an ITA under CEC (of which I am also qualified)? I was previously told I can have two simultaneous PR applications, which is why I proceeded with the PNP one however now I'm a little confused. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon thanks in advance for your advice (and your support on this forum!)

I recently applied for PR via EE PNP. Does this mean I will not receive an ITA under CEC (of which I am also qualified)? I was previously told I can have two simultaneous PR applications, which is why I proceeded with the PNP one however now I'm a little confused. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
How the system works is clarified in the following answer:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

F@D

Sep 28, 2020
Dear All,
I am a PNP and not express entry my time as follow :
AOR:3/2018
Medical passed: 11/2019
Add. document received : 11/2019
Letter of interview queue: 07/2020
2020 to 8/2022 : Silence
9/2022: an email from Visa office asking for ( Schedule A for applicant and Spouse, detailed activities for applicant and spouse in country as we aren't in our home country, travel history , updated Good conduct certificate from each country lives for 6 months , letters of employment from each employer from the age of 18 with description of duties and salary,...) i have to answer this in 30 days and via email not my account online.
I am working to provide all docs but it seems that I am repeating application again and they don't have any papers before. Is there a thing i should be worry about? Please advise specially with detailed activates of me and spouse.
thank you

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
@legalfalcon I have applied for a PR card 2 months ago but when I try to track it or link it to the GC account, it says not found. I have tried multiple times, what to do please advise

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@legalfalcon ... Hope you and your family are doing well!

Thank you for your advice and guidance through out my application process...I am in Canada because of that! I will always be grateful for that!!

My query is regarding my sister.

She came in Canada on LMIA. After 11 months of tenure her employer decided to sell the business. The new employer decided to retain her, so the job continuity remained (not even a one day break) even though business was sold.

Also the official company name has changed now but the address & nature of business is same and my sister job titles and duties are same too.

Now she has received PNP from British Columbia.

My questions are:

1) The LMIA was issued for previous employer and now when the employer changed, did we made a mistake by not informing the IRCC about it?

2) Can a in detail explanation letter about this situation along with other documents be enough to get the BC PNP?

As always I seek your guidance on this. Request you to please help us.
God bless you!