Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
@legalfalcon We received our PPR request yesterday, however my spouse recently moved abroad. I did inform of the move before PPR but the letter has come from NDVO. Can my spouse use this letter to submit his passport or should we wait for an updated PPR. As per the letter, I raised another webform directly to NDVO yesterday to inform of his move again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks you for your reply

Does that mean i lost all my files information which was stored in that GCKey ?

Any option to get all those information ?

Please guide me.
Revoking GCkey does not delete your applications filed with IRCC. It only revokes your online access.

However, you can contact the technical team for details on how to restore the account or transfer to another gckey, any applications that are active.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon We received our PPR request yesterday, however my spouse recently moved abroad. I did inform of the move before PPR but the letter has come from NDVO. Can my spouse use this letter to submit his passport or should we wait for an updated PPR. As per the letter, I raised another webform directly to NDVO yesterday to inform of his move again.
You will have to wait for the IRCC to respond. Your spouse will have to submit her passport in her country of residence, for which new instructions will be issued.

However, you can go ahead and submit your passport, if you are the primary applicant. If you are not the PA, you will have to wait until the instructions are issued.

Reactions: AishB

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon sir, I sincerely regret not knowing this error when my application was being processed ( during my PR as well as work permit). my mother got her passport recently, when I was reviewing her documents for applying super visa this dob error came to light. having said that, I am desperately trying to do the right thing. My last question is , If I raise a webform , inform IRCC will this be considered as hiding material fact , and Should I have to handle this matter with lawyer instead on me directly raising eyebrows ? if not, what would the effective way to handle this. I would be privileged to get your general opinion
Please apologies me for the multiple followup and lack of understanding on the perspective.
Under the law you have an obligation to be truthful:

16(1) of IRPA: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application or future applications, and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason why you omitted the information or the reason for the inconsistency has to be provided.

The law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada, the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

jordanpom

Sep 2, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon - I submitted my EE profile yesterday and found out that because I'm on an open work permit, my job offer isn't LMIA-exempt. I thought it would be as I have worked with this company for over a year.

This puts me at 489 points which means I'm unlikely to get my ITA before my visa expires on the 30th October.

I have just applied for BC PNP but although I scored highly, from what I understand the processing time can take months. I'm wondering if getting my employer to complete a LMIA is my only option for boosting my score and getting my ITA in time. Once I receive my ITA my plan is to apply immediately and then apply for a work extension permit. If there's a way I can apply for a new work permit / extension in Canada without submitting my EE application, that would be great too. The visa I'm currently on is an IEC as an FYI.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You will have to wait for the IRCC to respond. Your spouse will have to submit her passport in her country of residence, for which new instructions will be issued.

However, you can go ahead and submit your passport, if you are the primary applicant. If you are not the PA, you will have to wait until the instructions are issued.
@legalfalcon Thank you for the response. Will my husband then have to submit within the original 30 day period from the PPR or will it be extended for him?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you for the response. Will my husband then have to submit within the original 30 day period from the PPR or will it be extended for him?
When a new PPR is sent, an additional 30 days will be provided.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - I submitted my EE profile yesterday and found out that because I'm on an open work permit, my job offer isn't LMIA-exempt. I thought it would be as I have worked with this company for over a year.

This puts me at 489 points which means I'm unlikely to get my ITA before my visa expires on the 30th October.

I have just applied for BC PNP but although I scored highly, from what I understand the processing time can take months. I'm wondering if getting my employer to complete a LMIA is my only option for boosting my score and getting my ITA in time. Once I receive my ITA my plan is to apply immediately and then apply for a work extension permit. If there's a way I can apply for a new work permit / extension in Canada without submitting my EE application, that would be great too. The visa I'm currently on is an IEC as an FYI.
I am not privy to your documents or your personal details. The forums are just to get guidance and are not a substitute for tailored immigration law advice.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi @legalfalcon .. I have a question regarding arranged employment 50 CRS points.
If one has claimed these 50 points having a valid offer of employment from their current employer, but gets laid off post AOR, would these 50 points be adjusted and overall CRS recalculated?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon .. I have a question regarding arranged employment 50 CRS points.
If one has claimed these 50 points having a valid offer of employment from their current employer, but gets laid off post AOR, would these 50 points be adjusted and overall CRS recalculated?
If there is a change in the material circumstances, you have to inform IRCC, and based on your individual circumstances a determination will be made.
If your CRS is over the cut-off even after removing 50 points, there will be no issues. Whether the50 points will be reduced or not, will be determined on case by case basis.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If there is a change in the material circumstances, you have to inform IRCC, and based on your individual circumstances a determination will be made.
If your CRS is over the cut-off even after removing 50 points, there will be no issues. Whether the50 points will be reduced or not, will be determined on case by case basis.
Thank you for your reply.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
@legalfalcon okay thanks. about the invitation given by the daughter to her parents.

In CIC website they said the

1.)
invitation letter shall contain the address and telephone number of the invitee in Canada, So, as I am in my home country so will it be okay if I give hotel address with hotel booking details ? and my Canadian phone number is not active as I am not there so should I give this number ? or I can give my cousins phone number too?

2.) is it mandatory or recommended for me to give lease agreement of my accommodation in Canada?

3.) is it mandatory or recommended for me to mention job title/employment details in the invitation letter as mentioned in CIC website?

If I don't have the above as I soft landed and then came back to home country, would you recommend me to send invitations from my home country for my parents? will it be strong in such cases or can cause doubts in the officer's mind?

It will be so much helpful for me if you can please kindly reply the above questions sir ^_^ thank you so much in advance.

Sep 6, 2022
Dear @legalfalcon , our AOR is March 2021, FSW-O. I and my wife received ADR for newly completed and signed Schedule A in end June 2022. We submitted completed Schedule A in July 2022. Three weeks later we realized that we had submitted form eIMM5664- Schedule A instead of form IMM5664- Schedule A. I immediately filled out IMM5664, wrote a letter explaining inadvertent error and sent it via CSE/ webform. Is there anything else we can do? Will our application be refused for filling the wrong form? Please guide. Thank you!

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I completed my undergraduate study in Singapore for four years.
However, out of four years, I did an exchange study at a university in Canada for 6 months.
Since it is an exchange study, there is no proper degree or certificate awarded, only an exchange certificate.
I do not intend to claim any points for my exchange study in Canada.

I have a few questions regarding this:
  1. Do I need to include this in my pre-ITA profile if I do not want to claim any points? I guess I do not need to right?
  2. Do I need to include the documentation (transcript during exchange, exchange certificate) in the education document post-ITA? In my Singapore University transcript, there is one semester when it is said “Transfer Credit from the University of ABC”. So, I wonder if I should include this for my post-ITA document in the education section and add some explanation in LOE.
  3. Do I need to include this in my education history section for the post-ITA document? Since it is non-degree program, I suppose I do not need to include it?

My guess would be that I should not include it on pre ITA profile and education history section for post-ITA since it is a non-degree program, but I should upload the transcript and certificate to the education section for post-ITA. Or should I just not include it altogether in my EE journey?