Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Post ITA doubts. Appreciate any help.

1. I wish to see the personalised document checklist(PDC) to collect the documents.
Ques: After I fill out the forms and press "Continue" to get the PDC, can I still go back and make changes to the forms if needed?
Most likely you can't. Instead see this to gather your documents. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

2. Proof of Funds: I have a salary account. Being unemployed, last 6 months average balance would be well, pretty average. The required funds will be submitted in my account by a relative.
Ques: Does the timing of the fund submission matter? How long before should I have it?
The sooner the better.

Ques: My bank statements and the gift deed. Do I need any other document?
The bank letter should have the following:
he applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

• o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
This along with the gift deed, you should be fine.

3. Proof of Education: I intend to submit the WES reports, scans of original degrees and mark sheets.
Ques: Will these suffice or should I submit the original transcripts too?(will take a while to get them)
Although, you are not required to submit the transcripts or a ECA report. However, there have been cases where application shave been rejected because of this or at least some members have reported it. So to be on the safer side upload the following:
1. ECA scanned report
2. Scan of degrees
3. Transcripts (need not be original)

Reactions: jackphoneix

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I have a doubt and would really appreciate your advice.I have got a LMIA valid for both WP and PP and is valid till Dec 2017.Currently my CRS is 420 and i have started doubting that the CRS will come down as expected.I want to know if i use this LMIA for Work Permit,can it be used for PR purpose also ? and by the time my WP is being processed and CRS comes down to 420 or less then what ? Your reply and extra inputs would be highly appreciated.Thank you
Based on the LIMA you should apply for a job, and if you have a valid job offer, you get additional points. Once you have the offer, file your PR application as you will get additional points and should have the ITA.

After your application is filed you can then apply for the work permit.

Reactions: Espiritguy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Experts,

I am just on the last stage of my EE application awaiting PPR soon in few days. I am getting married in september and that is why going to India. if i get my passport stamped here in canada right now(FSW Inland)
and then go to INDIA and inform CIC about marriage.

1. Will I be able to return my COPR and passport in INDIA ?

2. As per the lastest trend how much time they are taking for addition of spouse.
3. Can i get my passport stamped again in india itself.
4. When we get COPR do they ask if there would be any changes in your status in next 6 months(Just read somewhere).

Please throw some light on this?

Thanks

There are a couple of factors you need to keep in mind. If you get your visa and CoPR in Canada, you will have a limited window to land in Canada as a PR. Once you land in Canada as a PR, you will then need to sponsor your spouse.

However, at anytime before you land as a PR you can add your spouse to the application. Read this for more details:

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/add-family-member-express-entry-application/

You can only add your spouse to your application after getting married. You will need the PCC, medical, marriage certificate and forms as required by IRCC. It will take some time for IRCC to go through the Medicals and security for your spouse. Keep that in mind.

If you get a CoPR in Canada and request to add your spouse, and if you would like to return to Canada, that may pose an issue as you will have an immigrant visa.

Here, timing is everything.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon:

I need your guidance once more, regarding a small confusion. I am a lecturer, and at the same time I have recently started with my M.Phil leading to Ph.D studies (having a three hours class during my office hours, for which I have the permission from department), from the same department where I am appointed on the position of lecturer. Can the immigration authorities raise an objection that how can I be working full time and studying at the same time? If this can be a problem, what would you suggest ? I shouldn't mention this at all in my education history, since this is an unfinished studies and i have not/cannot claim any points for it?

The simple answer is no. If your work experience i outside Canada, you can work and study full time, no questions asked and even count your work experience while studying.

Secondly, while my wife has been living in the same city since she turned 18, but in the first three months after her 18th birthday, she attended a college in the nearby city to which she commuted daily. Should I explain that she didnt live in that city and only went there to attend the classes and came back the same day?
Not required. You will need to however mention this in the personal history and get a PCC from that city, if your country does not provide a pan country PCC.

Please suggest. Thank you.

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Dear Legal falcon there is an email circulating that as a principal applicant you got to have all funds in your own bank account under your name!
For me this is disastrous since I am using funds of in my spouse account in their name and I have no way to being added to that bank account! Also my spouse is on my application

So any idea what to do?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Does she still needs a PCC if went to that city for only 3 months?

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hello Legalfalcon
My GCMS notes generated at the end of June shows eligibility passed on 07 June but security not started. MyCIC account got updated on 12 July with "we are processing your backgroud checks".
Is it possible that the application was kept idle from 07 June till 12 July? or does passing eligibility automatically trigger backround checks? This could help know for how long security has been ongoing.

On the other hand, if I ordered GCMS now, does it show the any progress since security check is ideally IP2, or I will see the same info I had with the last GCMS where eligibility, criminality and medical passed?
thanks!

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
dear @legalfalcon
Is it allowed to change the company name post ITA.:(

I had listed my work experience giving old name of the company,however the experience reference letter is issued in the new name.

I joined abc ltd and worked in noc 6235 for 1 year
company promoted me to noc 1211 after 1 year and continued for 2 years...during the period company changed name to xyz ltd

Now they have issued a consolidated experience letter on the letterhead of xyz ltd mentioning both my roles /period /duties / pay /work hours etc.

but I had created my work history mentioning abc ltd for 1 year & xyz ltd for 2 years....
Now is it okay to change company name in the work history to xyz ltd as it will conform to the reference letter...:(...
I received ita on 12th July and is very confused...I wrote to company hr to reissue a letter mentioning the name change of the company but I am afraid they will refuse & even if they issue,it may lead further confusion with cic ...
If I'm allowed to edit the company name and nothing else,it will be sorted out...
I don't want to decline an ita & create a new profile as it will lose someone else a chance....
Please advise .....:(

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
@legalfalcon
Thank you.
FYI, apparently we CAN make changes to the forms post PDC.

I clicked continue to get the PDC --> realised I misunderstood 'Representative Details' form --> logged out --> logged in again --> updated the form with "No" for representative --> continue --> the new PDC did not ask to upload a representative form. The earlier one did.

Cheers!

Reactions: Wandering Mind

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
Dear Legal falcon there is an email circulating that as a principal applicant you got to have all funds in your own bank account under your name!
For me this is disastrous since I am using funds of in my spouse account in their name and I have no way to being added to that bank account! Also my spouse is on my application

So any idea what to do?
Many people are freaking out about this right now, it seems to be insane, legalafalcon, can you please enlighten us about this.

Espiritguy

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Based on the LIMA you should apply for a job, and if you have a valid job offer, you get additional points. Once you have the offer, file your PR application as you will get additional points and should have the ITA.

After your application is filed you can then apply for the work permit.
Thank you for the reply. I already have a Job offer letter and using that only i got the LMIA. After getting those 50 points, i reached to 420 but i am not confident enough that the CRS will drop this low before December this year. So shall i apply for WP instead and let us suppose i get the Work permit by october/november and in the meantime the CRS drops to 420 or less, would it be possible to apply for PR also using the same LMIA ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

So any idea what to do?
Even someone sent that to me via WhatsApp and it was started by a immigration consultant, claiming that IRCC informed him, which is nonsense. and absolutely incorrect.

Reactions: PetCoke

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon
My GCMS notes generated at the end of June shows eligibility passed on 07 June but security not started. MyCIC account got updated on 12 July with "we are processing your backgroud checks".
Is it possible that the application was kept idle from 07 June till 12 July? or does passing eligibility automatically trigger backround checks? This could help know for how long security has been ongoing.

On the other hand, if I ordered GCMS now, does it show the any progress since security check is ideally IP2, or I will see the same info I had with the last GCMS where eligibility, criminality and medical passed?
thanks!
The security is not automatically triggered after the eligibility is met. In some cases the application may keep sitting without any progress. If you order GCMS notes now, it will show your security started, and if there is some info asked, you may see that too. But nothing more than what you had before as security detail are hidden.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does she still needs a PCC if went to that city for only 3 months?
Yes, since you will mentioning your address in the other city, and if your country does not provide a country wide PCC, like the FBI PCC, you will need a PCC from that specific city.

Reactions: lino82