+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
You can change your visa office anytime by sending an email to IRCC. They usually change the visa office with 2-3 weeks. You have two scenarios:

Scenario 1

Get the COPR and get the visa stamped in Canada, given that you get the PPR before you leave. Then travel to India, request to add a family member, fill in all the detail, submit the form, get a new COPR and visa stamped and travel to Canada and land as PR.

The only drawback is that you cannot add your spouse before getting married. After you marriage, you will need a marriage certificate, medicals and PCC. After you submit all these documents, IRCC many take anywhere from 1-3 months to process the application, as there has to be medicals, criminality, and security.

Scenario 2

Travel to India and before you travel request for the VO change. Follow the steps given above and get everything processed in India.

Which scenarios you chose will depend on how much time you have to stay in India, in case things are delayed and what will work best for you.

Heartiest congratulations on your marriage!
Thanks a ton this has eased me a lot, as per the current trend i am planning to do the first scenario as most probably i will get my ppr before i leave and i will be staying in india for 2 months so i think i can manage all the things there itself.

Thanks

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
No need to worry about it. Just do what you already know:

So we went back to the Philippines Embassy and apparently, they are not allowed to put the fingerprint on the document. Only solution we were given: write an affidavit explaining why we can't have a fingerprint on the police cert, get it notarized at the Embassy, get a fingerprint on a separate piece of paper and submit all this with the police certificate we have (not having the fingerprint/seal).

Also explain this in LoE.
Thanks for that. Just FYI, maybe someone else will ask you again later and info could be useful: we found several Philippines embassies who advice to do the fingerprint at police station/notary public and get an affidavit.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for that. Just FYI, maybe someone else will ask you again later and info could be useful: we found several Philippines embassies who advice to do the fingerprint at police station/notary public and get an affidavit.
Thanks for updating me, I will keep it in mind.

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
The application goes through different stages and at what stage your application is at will determine the chances of rejection.
Most likely you have crossed R10, or the completeness check. Your application should now be on the Eligibility stage. If you cross the eligibility, the chances of rejection are next to zero.

To read more on the different stages you can read my authored post at - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Yes, you can order GCMS notes irrespective of whether you have an agent or not. All you need is an application number.

To order notes log on to - https://www.getgcms.com

To read on how notes look like see my post - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/gcms-notes-look-like-order/

My initiated thread will also be helpful - https://goo.gl/6C1RMI

You can definitely send email and call, but the information given is limited to which office your application is at that the application is progressing.

Hope this helps!
Thank you! I will wait for another week and order my GCMS notes at getgcms.

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Dear LegalFalcon,

Need your expert view on the below please.

Pregnancy does not need to be disclosed to CIC, but when the child is born this needs to be disclosed to them.

Pre-ITA, pregnancy would not need to be disclosed?
Post-ITA, pregnancy would not be required to be disclosed, however once child is born, This would then be a change of family composition and change of circumstances, and disclosure is then required?

Assume the same applies to PNP, pregnancy not require disclosure, during the application process. If child born after pnp nomination then only cic need to be informed, not nomination province?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear LegalFalcon,

Need your expert view on the below please.

Pregnancy does not need to be disclosed to CIC, but when the child is born this needs to be disclosed to them.

Pre-ITA, pregnancy would not need to be disclosed?
Yes, but when you get your medicals, the medical report will have the person concerned as "pregnant" and some tests like X-ry may not be conducted.

Post-ITA, pregnancy would not be required to be disclosed, however once child is born, This would then be a change of family composition and change of circumstances, and disclosure is then required?
YEs, this is because until a child is born, that child is not considered a legal person. However, if you know the expected date, you can send an email to IRCC and ask for the forms to change the family composition. For babies, since there is no eligibility which needs to be done all you will need is a Passport, and medical. You will also need to update your PoF.

Assume the same applies to PNP, pregnancy not require disclosure, during the application process. If child born after pnp nomination then only cic need to be informed, not nomination province?
yes.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello Legal Falcon,
I have a question regarding employment information.

I received ITA and I am in the process of submitting documentation.
In express entry profile I mentioned my most recent job as"Application Developer" - NOC 2174 from 2015 Jan till today.
Actually, I was hired as application developer I and promoted to application developer II in 2017 January. My NOC did not change and job responsibilities did not change. It was general promotion.

Question 1: I did not mention Application developer 1 or Application developer II in express entry profile rather, I mentioned "Application developer". Will this be fine or raise confusions.

Question 2 : In my employment verification letter, my employer mentioned - " I am currently employed in the position of "Application developer II at xxxx location from January 4, 2015 to present"
Does my position title mismatch in verification letter (Application developer II) with express entry profile title (Application Developer) lead to confusions and rejection ?

In order to correct this, do I need to modify my express entry profile now to split my job here as Application developer 1 and Application developer 2 or
mention as just Application developer 2 with out splitting into 2 job profiles as my NOC did not change with promotion?

Please advise me on this. Thank you for your time in advance.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Hello LegalFalcon,

My AOR is 28th July but I am concerned about few things in my application. Any insight would be greatly helpful.

1. I used a immigration lawyer initially to guide me through Express Entry process and he filled my express entry profile. I did not use him for Post ITA process as he was too expensive. When he transferred the account and I had to upload the IMM5476 form. While filling out my e-APR, I answered the representative question as 'NO' and this deleted the form. Should I need raise CSE and send the form? In the form, I am revoking the access given to the lawyer during express entry profile.
  2. I did not do ECA for my spouse. in my e-APR, when I answered 'No' to education as I had moved the information to personal history section. It did not provide me with an option to upload educational documents and IELTS score. So I went back and said yes to education but no to ECA, this gave me the option back and I uploaded the IELTS scorecard, her degree and markssheets.
Please let me know if I need to take any action for these.

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
quick questions here my name on my passport is all in one line and my last name is written on the next line because first line didn't have enough space and I usually write all the names in the first line as given and the last name that is written in the bottom as family/last name. Is that correct?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legal Falcon,
I have a question regarding employment information.

I received ITA and I am in the process of submitting documentation.
In express entry profile I mentioned my most recent job as"Application Developer" - NOC 2174 from 2015 Jan till today.
Actually, I was hired as application developer I and promoted to application developer II in 2017 January. My NOC did not change and job responsibilities did not change. It was general promotion.

Question 1: I did not mention Application developer 1 or Application developer II in express entry profile rather, I mentioned "Application developer". Will this be fine or raise confusions.
No issues. This is fine. What matters is that your job duties in your reference letter should match those in the NOC.

Question 2 : In my employment verification letter, my employer mentioned - " I am currently employed in the position of "Application developer II at xxxx location from January 4, 2015 to present"
Does my position title mismatch in verification letter (Application Developer II) with express entry profile title (Application Developer) lead to confusions and rejection ?
No. If you are concerned you can add a LoE in which you can describe that the position of Application Developer is divided into two, I & II and you joined as I and then promoted to II. Not a big deal.

In order to correct this, do I need to modify my express entry profile now to split my job here as Application developer 1 and Application developer 2 or
mention as just Application developer 2 with out splitting into 2 job profiles as my NOC did not change with promotion?

If you can correct your profile and split it as two different jobs, that would be ideal. You don't need two separate reference letters, you can use the same one and upload it twice.

Please advise me on this. Thank you for your time in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

My AOR is 28th July but I am concerned about few things in my application. Any insight would be greatly helpful.

1. I used a immigration lawyer initially to guide me through Express Entry process and he filled my express entry profile. I did not use him for Post ITA process as he was too expensive. When he transferred the account and I had to upload the IMM5476 form. While filling out my e-APR, I answered the representative question as 'NO' and this deleted the form. Should I need raise CSE and send the form? In the form, I am revoking the access given to the lawyer during express entry profile.
If in the post ITA, you answered no, no need to send a form to revoke as it clearly states that you don't have a representative representing you.
  1. I did not do ECA for my spouse. in my e-APR, when I answered 'No' to education as I had moved the information to personal history section. It did not provide me with an option to upload educational documents and IELTS score. So I went back and said yes to education but no to ECA, this gave me the option back and I uploaded the IELTS scorecard, her degree and markssheets.
This looks fine. Though, I don't get your question.

Please let me know if I need to take any action for these.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
My question was if it is ok to provide spouse educational details in the Spouse education even though I did not do ECA for her and not claiming points for her education.

One more query.

Is it mandatory to upload the back of the picture with e-APR. Walgreens gave me jpeg files of the photos which I uploaded directly. I have already submitted my application. Do I need to scan the back of the photo and send it with CSE?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My question was if it is ok to provide spouse educational details in the Spouse education even though I did not do ECA for her and not claiming points for her education.
You can provide, there is nothing stopping you, however, it will not have any impact as your don't have ECA. So be careful where you provide it.

One more query.

Is it mandatory to upload the back of the picture with e-APR. Walgreens gave me jpeg files of the photos which I uploaded directly. I have already submitted my application. Do I need to scan the back of the photo and send it with CSE?
The instructions clearly mention that you need the front and back.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Thank you LegalFalcon!!
Can you please clarify on being careful on where I provide it?

I uploaded it in 'spouse education' slot of document upload page.

Also please advise on how do I rectify the photograph situation?

Last edited: