05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Can i quit job after getting portal 1
I have pr supported lmia
Leaving your job has nothing to do with your PR application and there is nothing as PR supported LIMA.

IF you are a PR, you can work for any employer. Also, when you become a PR, you no longer remain on your TR status.

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
Thank you for the support and guidance you are providing.
I have a quick question regarding my application, I have international work experience of 1.5 years which my consultant did not declared while applying for study visa.
Now I have added that experience to PR application, as well as submitted my PNP with the added experience. Would you suggest removing the experience from the IRCC application as after getting nomination from the PNP that added point would not be required.
If so, when should I change my IRCC profile? currently my PNP application status as "Applied".

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the support and guidance you are providing.
I have a quick question regarding my application, I have international work experience of 1.5 years which my consultant did not declared while applying for study visa.
Now I have added that experience to PR application, as well as submitted my PNP with the added experience. Would you suggest removing the experience from the IRCC application as after getting nomination from the PNP that added point would not be required.
If so, when should I change my IRCC profile? currently my PNP application status as "Applied".

Under the law, you have an obligation to be truthful in all applications you file. If your application was filed by a consultant, you signed it off, and thus you are on the hook for it.

16(1) of IRPA: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application or future applications, and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason why you omitted the information or the reason for the inconsistency has to be provided.

The law is clear on this and the Federal Court has held that "while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa)." In Suri v. Canada, the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Reactions: DanyN and Sid124

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@legalfalcon .... Its so good to see you still helping the confused and anxious applicants like me!
To everyone in the forum, you all should know that I have been following Sir for almost 5-6 years now and have witnessed him helped infinite number of applicants get their Visa.
God bless you sir!

I have a query regarding Supervisa.

- I live in BC and my sibling lives in Ontario.
We want to bring our parents to Canada on Supervisa and they will live with me for most of their stay and only visit my him for short duration. So if my sibling hosts them, then will it be a misrepresentation?

- Also between him and me, he is by god's grace better settled as he has his own home and I live on rent. But both of us meet & exceed the LICO requirement by good margin and also have decent bank balance.

The income requirement for Supervisa only states LICO, so on that bases can I apply?

But if it is not a misrepresentation for him to be the host then we will for sure go with him as a host.

- For a co-signer (spouse), apart from the invitation letter does they have to sign anywhere else (like a form)?

- Does the invitation letter needs to be notarized?

Look forward to your advise.

P.S:
I think I have not worded my questions properly but am not able to think of any better explanation. Apologies.

Last edited:

dskh

Jan 11, 2023
Hello

@legalfalcon
@Raptor33

Recently I have got an ITA in french draw and about to submit my file but I have one dilemma I have been working in UAE for past 4 years ad a teacher in UAE Govt Schools under UAE's Government.

Uae government has their portal for employees from which we can issue our official Work experience letters and salary certificate etc but they don't mention roles and responsibilities and work hours but the letters posses QR codes which are verifiable on UAE Govt Website.

My working hours are 37 hours per week and my roles and responsibilities matches with secondary school teacher NOC.

They also have Job card document which is generic for all employees in which they mention roles and responsibilities of a teacher it is generic it doesn't have my name.

My fellow colleague can write me a supporting letter mentioning my job roles and responsibilities and working hours as well and On our UAE ID card Employer name and Designation is also written so what should I do in this regard?
@legalfalcon

ammu24

Apr 1, 2024
Hai guys,
I need some advise
I approached an agency in India for study permit application in Aug 2019 and they only included the information till May 2019. I have work experience which comes under NOC from July 2019 to Aug 2020 (not included in study permit application). They applied for study permit on Feb 2020.(I came to know about this timeline last week) My May intake was deferred due to pandemic and semester started on Sept 2020. I mentioned this work in my work permit and TRV application. Can I include this work experience and claim points for EE. Will it be a misrepresentation?

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hai guys,
I need some advise
I approached an agency in India for study permit application in Aug 2019 and they only included the information till May 2019. I have work experience which comes under NOC from July 2019 to Aug 2020 (not included in study permit application). They applied for study permit on Feb 2020.(I came to know about this timeline last week) My May intake was deferred due to pandemic and semester started on Sept 2020. I mentioned this work in my work permit and TRV application. Can I include this work experience and claim points for EE. Will it be a misrepresentation?
So what did they put between May 2019 and February 2020 ?

protonmail

Dec 13, 2021
Hey @legalfalcon . Thank you so much for all the support you've given this community. Long time lurker but now I have a question myself.

Also posted this on another thread but will post here as well for visibility

I was nominated by MPNP via Winkler Strategic Initiative's support.

Rental options in Winkler are fairly limited and I'm unable to find accommodation, if I document the fact that I literally can't find any listings online in that city, can I reside anywhere else in Manitoba?

I know in theory the answer is yes due to mobility rights, but can I face charges of misinterpretation on citizenship application/PR renewal if I don't reside in the city of the Strategic Initiative which sent an endorsement community letter to MPNP to nominate me?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@legalfalcon .... Its so good to see you still helping the confused and anxious applicants like me!
To everyone in the forum, you all should know that I have been following Sir for almost 5-6 years now and have witnessed him helped infinite number of applicants get their Visa.
God bless you sir!

I have a query regarding Supervisa.

- I live in BC and my sibling lives in Ontario.
We want to bring our parents to Canada on Supervisa and they will live with me for most of their stay and only visit my him for short duration. So if my sibling hosts them, then will it be a misrepresentation?

- Also between him and me, he is by god's grace better settled as he has his own home and I live on rent. But both of us meet & exceed the LICO requirement by good margin and also have decent bank balance.

The income requirement for Supervisa only states LICO, so on that bases can I apply?

But if it is not a misrepresentation for him to be the host then we will for sure go with him as a host.

- For a co-signer (spouse), apart from the invitation letter does they have to sign anywhere else (like a form)?

- Does the invitation letter needs to be notarized?

Look forward to your advise.

P.S:
I think I have not worded my questions properly but am not able to think of any better explanation. Apologies.

@legalfalcon .... One more query .... The property my parents own have a small loan. Since we children are taking complete responsibility of their trip expenses, does showing that loan hampers the application?

Aurelius

Apr 5, 2024
Hello @legalfalcon and experts,

I have one question - I got NOI from Ontario and I have submitted my application and that is in-progress but unfortunately my work permit is going to expire next month. Can I leave Canada and once I get the nomination and eventually PR, I will come back to Canada.
Is this the right option?
Do you recommend anything else?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Ronnie568

Apr 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-12-2023
AOR Received.
06-12-2023
Med's Done....
12-10-2023
Passport Req..
03-04-2024
Hey @legalfalcon I was wondering if you could tell me how long is the goods to follow certificate is valid for. Like if I wanted to bring something say 2 years later, would the signed, goods to follow document be still valid to bring in after this much timeframe?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon I was wondering if you could tell me how long is the goods to follow certificate is valid for. Like if I wanted to bring something say 2 years later, would the signed, goods to follow document be still valid to bring in after this much timeframe?

There is no expiry date, as long as it is done in a reasonable time and will also depend on the good that you are bringing in. It will finally depend on the officer at the port of entry.

Reactions: Canmah

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon and experts,

I have one question - I got NOI from Ontario and I have submitted my application and that is in-progress but unfortunately my work permit is going to expire next month. Can I leave Canada and once I get the nomination and eventually PR, I will come back to Canada.
Is this the right option?
Do you recommend anything else?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.
If your WP is expiring and you do not have any other immigration status, you should leave the country without going out of status. Once you leave, inform IRCC and update your new address. After your PR application is approved, you can come back.

Leaving Canada will not impact your PR application, however, living in Canada without a status will.

Ronnie568

Apr 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-12-2023
AOR Received.
06-12-2023
Med's Done....
12-10-2023
Passport Req..
03-04-2024
There is no expiry date, as long as it is done in a reasonable time and will also depend on the good that you are bringing in. It will finally depend on the officer at the port of entry.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.