Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Subject: ADR about military service
Hi @legalfalcon
I want to explain my situation about our PR application (EE-FSW) as i'm expecting an ADR soon, i'm the principal applicant, my husband is dependent. We are from Algeria and the military service is mandatory here.
My huband graduated last year (he is now 23yo), every year he went to the military offices to get the paper for the yearly exemption from military service as he was a student. After graduating he can't get yearly exmption anymore.
Now, he still has not been invited to do the military service, it's probably gonna be in one or two years.
We don't have a way to prove that he has not been invited and he does not have 'exeption card (carte jaune)' as he is not exempted.
Should we expect an ADR about that? what documents should we prepare? Is a LOE gonna be enough as I don't see any possible paper that we can get from military services.
Should we expect a refusal if all what we have to answer this ADR is a LOE?
Thank you!
You cannot predict ADRs. If IRCC officer is of the opinion that there is some additional documentation required, they will ask. Even if they do ask, you can explain in the letter your situation.

Many people who come for countries where military services is not mandatory also get ADRs for military service based on their specific work history etc.

Reactions: LeilaOzawz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I just got my GCMS notes,
I found out that my PVO is Sydney NS and SVO is Ottawa ON. I guess this will be subject to change.
Now the fun part.
Under Assessments I have
Eligibility : Passed - Candidate (directly translated from french)
Criminality : In Progress
Médical: Passed
The issue actually is, from what I understand, When you have Eligibility you either have one of these: "Not Started", "Calculate", "Calculation In Progress", "Review Required", "Met", or "Passed". But I have Passed - Candidate. Besides that there is no Eligibility section with all the details. And in the tracker it says Eligibility not started yet.
Another discovery is that Under Criminality, Police certificate : 0
Does that mean that they did not get my PCC? should I resend by via webform?
Thanks
This indicates that nothing has happened on your application.

When you you apply and when did you request your GCMS notes?

What is your timeline?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon may I jlhave your response on this. Thank you.
PR cards do get lost. If you did not receive one, file an application as indicated and a new one will be sent to you. This is only for the first PR card.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: aspirant256

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

I am an inland CEC applicant for PR (AOR 20th November). I just received an additional document request (and I have 30 days to answer, it is not a procedural fairness letter) that states " It appears that you were subject to a previous enforcement action from USA. Please provide an explanation and any documents relating to this encounter." The only thing I can think of is my flagpoling a year ago and in my application to the question "have you ever been denied entry" I answered yes and then in the details I wrote" administrative refusal to entry to United States on xxx date, for flagpole purposes to obtain my current Canadian work permit"
The only document I have from the US is the one I was given on that date, on it it is written "The alien below has been refused admission to US" and below there is my name and date of birth. I was very clear that I was flagpoling on that date.
The document is the I-160A (and some people say on other forums it counts as a withdraw of application for admission but it is clearly written on it, refused admission) - it is the same document as this:
I am not sure what to do ? Just explain again I flagpole and got an administrative refusal ? When I asked the US agent if it would cause problem in the future she said no, it is just administrative. She did take my fingerprints and photo but I read that other who flagpoled also got that done.

Last edited:

rao1618

Mar 9, 2024
Hello @legalfalcon,
I have received nomination from Ontario (OINP HCP Tech) with a set of work history from my previous employer and my current employer. Now I've received ITA in express entry and when I requested a more recent work history from my previous employer, there is a change in the title of one of my designations held, in the work experience. But it comes under the same NOC. Will it cause a problem if I update my work history in express entry, since I received OINP nomination for a different job title?

Thanks in advance for you help. Much appreciated.

nutshellfswah

Jan 19, 2024
Hello @legalfalcon
What is shared in info sharing? In a reply in 2018 you said pretty much everything. In 2020 you said work history etc is not shared. Can you please provide an update on this? Is work history/travel history shared between the five eye countries?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
What is shared in info sharing? In a reply in 2018 you said pretty much everything. In 2020 you said work history etc is not shared. Can you please provide an update on this? Is work history/travel history shared between the five eye countries?
See the security screening manual. https://shorturl.at/jmINW

What is shared is not disclosed. However, any disclosure in another country is subject to the privacy act and restricts what is collected, disclosed and disseminated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
I have received nomination from Ontario (OINP HCP Tech) with a set of work history from my previous employer and my current employer. Now I've received ITA in express entry and when I requested a more recent work history from my previous employer, there is a change in the title of one of my designations held, in the work experience. But it comes under the same NOC. Will it cause a problem if I update my work history in express entry, since I received OINP nomination for a different job title?

Thanks in advance for you help. Much appreciated.
The designation does not matter. What matters is the job duties. Different organizations have different designations. If your job duties substantially match, you are fine.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Hello @legalfalcon, thank you so much again for your assistance
I got again my GCMS and I would like to ask 2 questions please:
1/ ( Under Case Analyst notes) Police certificate Recommendation Review Required - Stat Questions - and pending Biometrics-RCMP results. I understand that at the time I ordered this GCMS notes my biometrics were not done yet but what do they mean by Stat-Questions ?
2/ (Under Officer Notes) : FAMILY COMPOSITION : Separated (as stated by lawyer certificate) so here the officer acknowledges my status as separated, everything else is met or per requirements but still he mentioned the need for a Divorce certificate. I've got an 2 ADRs for divorce certificate and I was wondering what else I can provide in this case as document? I previously sent a letter from my lawyer that my divorce is ongoing with a date in court scheduled for next year, affidavit of separation.

Thanks!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, thank you so much again for your assistance
I got again my GCMS and I would like to ask 2 questions please:
1/ ( Under Case Analyst notes) Police certificate Recommendation Review Required - Stat Questions - and pending Biometrics-RCMP results. I understand that at the time I ordered this GCMS notes my biometrics were not done yet but what do they mean by Stat-Questions ?
2/ (Under Officer Notes) : FAMILY COMPOSITION : Separated (as stated by lawyer certificate) so here the officer acknowledges my status as separated, everything else is met or per requirements but still he mentioned the need for a Divorce certificate. I've got an 2 ADRs for divorce certificate and I was wondering what else I can provide in this case as document? I previously sent a letter from my lawyer that my divorce is ongoing with a date in court scheduled for next year, affidavit of separation.

Thanks!!
Stat questions are the set of questions you answered that deal with whether have you ever been refused a visa, committed a crime or charged etc. If you answered yes to any of them, this is common. Usually, this is when you have been refused a visa and you answered yes.

As regards 2, this will depend on the country you are from and the laws under which you were married.

Reactions: sabensaid92